Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity blindly shoved a bag off a large rock, then awkwardly sat on it. The contents of the bag, which humorously included her sword, fell out. The teen paid no attention to it at all as she desperately awaited any replies. Silence was one thing she simply could not stand. For a moment, Yvonne seemed to have completely missed her before a single eye opened. The silver orb watched, thoughts obviously dancing in her head, as she raised an eyebrow. The girl bit her lip, her body coursing with lightning like negative energy, before –

“Let’s do those things in reverse. Talk. Town. Deer.”

Oh thayne.

Her peridot eyes grew three times larger. Her heart skipped before her nuclear blood continued to flow. Pale, the young woman looked away. She stared off into space somewhere, wondering where on earth she could start. Her knee jerk reaction was self defense. She needed to justify herself, direly. She went with it.

A long, shaky sigh escaped her. As jungle parakeets squawked in the distant trees, she closed her eyes. She was obviously nerve wrecked. Her body visibly shook as she gripped the stone with her bulky hands. From across the camp, Yvonne waited. Whether or not she was impatient, Felicity could not tell. Maybe it was her backstory, her lack of confidence, or both; Felicity was still socially awkward. Finally, she lowered her head.

“I wa-as trying-ing to… p-protect you.”

She gritted her teeth. So much stress was pulsing through her, her already unhealthy blood pressure was starting to rise to a point even the medication she was taking could not help. Shy but dark eyes opened. She started to sweat worse than she already was. She stopped gripping the rock and uncomfortably held her hands instead. For all the uptight body language, her voice remained timid and fearful. She spoke in a bit of a whisper. Her tone in itself seemed to plead for some sort of mercy.

“I didn’t want to hurt you back there, I-“ She stammered, anxious eyes darting around the camp as she slumped. “-I…” Another sigh. “I knew what I could be. Yes, I have magical powers. Yes, I have a hard time controlling them.”

Her voice finally started to rise. Anger was audible, yet it was not aimed towards to drow-dwarf mix. It was a rage that she held towards herself. “And since an alchemist first stuck a needle in me and gave me this, I’ve been paranoid of this ability getting out of hand.” Her hand fell over her rapidly pounding chest, “I hate the idea of hurting any of my friends with them – but you. You came from Alerar, right? And I saw how you handled that fae guide, you loathe magic. So how could I let you anywhere near me when my powers are raging! I could tell I was hurting you – my-my blood has nuclear poisoning – I had no way of stopping it from hurting you – I had to push you away! I couldn’t hurt you!”

She was tearing up. Heavy droplets of salty tears splattered onto her oak colored pants. Her voice shook as she quivered, “I wouldn't be surprised, if you probably hate me now for merely having magical powers. And, well, I guess I was also pushing you away before you had the chance to-to push me, if that makes any sense...”

There was still so much she could say. The way her powers worked, all the research she'd done just trying to figure them out, why there were no sparkles or fairy dust when her "invisible" powers switched on. For now, however, as the jungle started to teem with morning life, she waited for her judgement day.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 05-09-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.