John reached out and felt an earthen wall making up one side of the cavern. It felt slightly wet, definitely not stone, nor pebbles or rocks of any kind that he could tell. In the dim light he could see small roots and such, signals that they might not be that far underground. He let out a sigh as his thoughts returned to him with normalcy, the cobwebs of being knocked around in his fall finally dispersing.

"I was in Radasanth," he muttered, looking around further. "I was going out to the forge and I just..fell." he finished, looking up at the cave ceiling. Root stalactites hung down, almost making him duck. It was here he noticed the source of the amber glow.

A sinuous, faintly-glowing line separated one third of the cavern from the other, spreading around the walls to the ceiling, forming one continuous loop. He got the odd feeling that it looked like somebody'd gone and cut two caverns in half and glued them together. He dismissed the thought with a whiff of his cigar and decided to look up instead. Seeing the low spot where he'd fallen in and the thicker roots, it seemed like if they could manage it, they might be able to get back up where he'd fallen down. He set the cigar down on a little outcropping on the other side of the orange glowing line, and pulled himself up, trying to see where he'd fallen in.

No dice.

Whatever hole had been there had closed up tight, and he could no more dig himself out than he could dig himself in, leastways not with his bare hands. He dropped down, his boots making a sizable print in the mud, and reached for his cigar, surprised when it did not budge when he tried to pull it from the shelf. Looking closer, it seemed grayscale, like the color had been taken out with some kind of reverse paintbrush. He saw it elsewhere now too, everything gray, even the roots. Striations marred the surface, and he reached out with a bare hand to touch what he could only assume was stone. It had the feel of stone, and when John pulled his hand away, he started in surprise as a piece of skin remained stuck to the stone, causing him to pull back a finger with very thin skin.

It turned to stone?

"Back from that side, both of you," he said, not sure how it would get them out of the cavern.