Two hours later.

Swiftly, in she came, a whirl of energy and frustration. Having disgarded her chainmail and gauntlet she now was dressed in a simple black tunic, an elaborate silver braided cord serving as a belt. Into this her mythril dagger was attached - the single weapon for an evening of little expected combat. With a mind of confusion, numbers and things she could say, she entered the library.

To find him already there, leaning forwards in a leather armchair, eyes perusing over an unfolded old map that lay before him on a dark chestnut wood table. As she came in, his blue eyes lifted and looked at her before he gestured.

"Come see this."

The calmness of his voice, and the lack of any smirk or laughter caught her off. That end of his manipulative actions, showing everyone that he was in power was suddenly over. Two hours ago he had been Vitruvion the villain, powerful and mighty. Now he was ... The man. The part of him that honestly cared about all his employees, and had a sense of honour, respect and -

Looking up at her again he raised an eyebrow. "When was I not both of those things?" he asked her.

The question caught her off guard, but she managed to stumble an answer. "When you're forcing me to respond in that way."

"I did not force you to call me 'my lord,' Stare," he responded in a still, but firm voice. "If Raevin had not regarded me as such in the Mess hall, then you would have needed to. As it was, the requirement of the situation was for you to both respond in that manner which Raevin instigated - but this you know perfectly. I do not demand any titles, only that in certain situations you regard me with the respect that the situation requires." He paused and blinked a few times, straightening. "I really should not have to explain this every time. It's situational. Am I asking you to bow to me right now?"

His speech made her look away and sigh quietly. She had to admit it. He had done nothing of the sort. In no manner had he forced her to say anything at all, instead there was just what was expected of her. Therefore, with a grunt she strode over, knowing that though she could not choose who was her god, like the rest of beings in the world, she could choose how to speak to him.