He looked over to the door at the same time as Stare glanced up, more alert. She knew the sound, in the house, when Vitruvion was there, it rang to signal dinner.

The sudden realisation she was hungry came to Stare and she felt joy at the idea of food. Looking over at Vitruvion she began to open her mouth to ask the common question she did when he was there.

He shook his head, standing and straightening his clothes. "No I do not have anyone coming for dinner. We are at usual practice."

'Usual practise' meant meals, like their breakfast usually was, eaten together. However, when Vitruvion had a business partner over, another 'brother,' or any other form of person coming to dinner, then Stare ate in the kitchens. Other times she ate entirely on her own, if Raevin and even Mer were away.

She nodded a little and stood up, forcing herself to relax. She watched as Vitruvion bent and began rolling up the map. He tucked the documents under it, paused, and then straightened again. Extending a hand he gestured to the door.

"Well?"

With a small duck of her head Stare moved to the side to allow him to stride forwards. As he passed her she fell into step, automatically moving to his left side. Right felt too strange, so used was she to seeing Raevin there. He slowed in step as he got to the door and she paused, before he tilted his head slightly around at her, a small smile on his face.

Letting out a sigh Stare ducked forwards and grabbed the door, opening it for him. His smile became a grin.

"Very good, my dear."

"You're catching me in a strange mood," she made the excuse for herself, grumbling.

"Or it is the base part of yourself that knows of the inevitability of your life." He waited until she was through the door and lowered his voice, eyes dancing around the main hall they were in now. "If I was not caught in this body and able to establish a place of worship for myself, you would already be my high priestess."