Though I did not need to eat, there was a possiblity that I could.

After my ill adventures with a great winged beast of once great renown I began my journey home. Or, what I could term as home now, for my life within the Rook Flock of the kenku lands was very over. Instead I had one place to go - back to the grey granite temple of Sabazios, where once merriment had been aplenty, and now manipulation was core. Devious planning to rid the world of the same demon lord's enemies, and that of his new compadre, the half-god Vindrexis Quansaldo. My masters, my creators, who I had sworn my life to for the simple reason that they had brought me back into this world.

I had now recovered fully from the incident with the quetzacoatl guardian of the Forest of Tucanon. He had been provoked to wage war on his own people, and I had been sent to calm the beast down. We had succeeded, and now I was trudging my way back, grumpiness my only companion, dragging my long naginata spear behind me. I felt tired, but knew it could only be emotional and mental, for physical weariness was beyond me now.

Therefore, in such a mood as I was, when I happened upon a pub in the middle of a seemingly quaint village, I decided to risk it and head right on in. At least I did not look undead, aside from my light grey feathers. There was no flesh missing. Yet.

Still, though, I tugged up the hood of my old, black cloak, and pulled on the tattered leather gloves that I had died with. They would allow me to touch anything without harming myself and others. With my 'mysterious individual' look complete, I pushed open the door to the pub, and found it suitably alive.

Hardly anyone noticed me, thankfully, aside from two people at the door. One raised a single eyebrow at a shadowy, hooded figure with the tip of a beak extending from his cloak, but made no comment. I grunted a sort-of thanks and lumbered onwards, a satisfied sigh at the image of mortality around me. Very lovely to see, a very nice change from hanging around with demon and half-god devotees, and the supernatural beings themselves. Heading straight for the bar I tried to make as few clicks on the floor as I could with my taloned feet, and even lifted up the tail end of my naginata.

That was when I paused, as something familiar appeared out of the corner of my eye. Taking a moment, I frowned, but then tilted my head slightly to observe the person in question.

A figure, leaning over a girl and blessing her hand. Dark brown, slightly messy hair, tanned skin and a faitn whiff of death about him. So faint I would usually barely notice it, but I knew this fellow. I recognised him. As I saw him raise the strange cross icon I blinked, and felt amusement come to me. How intriguing that he would be here, after we had just battled and met a few days hence.

Erik. A healer and a being who was just as undead as I was. Picking up the spear that threatened to damage the light fixtures I headed quietly over to him, the white kenku amongst the under demons and humans.

Gently I prodded him with the end of my naginata, and said nothing.