I blinked, confused, what did he just say? I rose my eyes to stare at him. What was he offering? I glanced down at his breakfast, a large plate of bacon and scrambled eggs. I mean... it looked nice but I much preferred what I had. "Eteri no need bacon." I said as I picked up the cup of coffee, I bought it to my lips and winced. It was still bitter, even after the several cubes of sugar I put in it. I reached over to the bowl and grabbed a handful of the cubes and dropped them in. They plopped into the mug, splashing more onto the table. I messily mixed them in, amused at how quickly they melted with the heat.

"Blue-Bell."

I didn't quite hear him, I mixed again, and bought the cup to my lips. I took a few deep mouthfuls, that was....better, it still had a bitter aftertaste that I was not too fond of, but it was milky and sugary enough for me to drink it. I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my robe.

"I mean you can take as much of my soul as you want."

I did a spit take, spraying our food with droplets of coffee (or sugar with added coffee, considering how much of it was in there) If any of it hit him, he didn't react to it beyond a surprised blink. I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he was offering. I did hear him...right? He was offering his soul to me? I mean..I did think about taking it numerous times, and the effects it had on people did differ...but...

"You no understand!" I said as I slammed the coffee cup down and stood up, hands slapping against the (no doubt stained now) birch table. "That big! Many big deal! No know what happen to you. I ahh...." I struggled to find the right words in tradespeak. "The things can happen...it is like...." I switched to Akashimian. <"The ramifications can differ from person to person, I don't know how this would affect you. I can't take the entirety of your soul. That's too much, you're my friend!">

I breathed a silent sigh of relief knowing Venn could understand Akashimian. I was able to articulate far better in my native tongue than I did in tradespeak. It was almost comical how much my speech mannerism changed. I found it funny, and always take great joy in seeing people's reactions. They think I am just a stupid lady, that is only half true!

Venn chuckled and shook his head. "I don't mind Blue-Bell. Go ahead."

I could feel my heart beating erratically in my chest, was it at the excitement of his offer? I wasn't sure. "Right! Follow the Eteri." I said with determination I grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and dragged him away from his half finished meal, back up the stairs. He protested, but I didn't listen. was his fault.

"Ack! wait, we gotta pay- no, I'm not dece-gah!"

I dragged him into our room and slammed the door shut behind us. "Sit!" I commanded as I pointed to the bed.

"Can I put on pants first?"

"Now sit!" I repeated as I placed my palms on his bare chest, ignoring the fact that he was literally only wearing a Jacket. I didn't care about nudity. His wang could flop around as much as it wanted, as long as it didn't flop all up on me I didn't care. He sat down on the bed, confused at my gusto. I myself didn't quite understand it, it was like I was fueled by an inane energy. Maybe it was the copious amounts of sugar I had with that coffee drink.

"You sure?" I asked one final time as he re positioned himself on the bed. Venn nodded in reply. That was the last time I asked. I pushed him down onto the bed and reached into his chest, my eyes lit up and I could see his soul in all its chaotic glory. I tugged and he winced. Then, it appeared.

A swirly mesh of garish colours. primarily purples, pinks and blues. His eyes widened when he saw it. I pointed to the tinges of red in his soul. "See here? This is when Venn does the bads. Things that cause pain make red marks on the souls, make them not as pretty."

I turned from him, knowing this may be a little much for him. Seeing something he did not believe in, and seeing the shift in my demeanour, but this was my work. I took my work seriously...well, somewhat seriously. I picked up my pouch and pulled out a pair of enchanted scissors. "I cut now." I carefully smoothed out his soul and starting cutting with practised motions.

I took half.

I know he said I could take as much as I wanted, but I wasn't going to. I didn't want Venn to loose his Venn-ness. I pulled away the part I had cut, and gently pushed the remained back into his body. The action caused him to lay back against the matted bed cover.

"This means lots to Eteri." I said with a small smile, I tugged at my own chest and the smile dissipated. It hurt... it really, really, really fucking hurt. That red angry piece was like fire, it was latched so tightly onto me I could only pull out a thin strand. In the open it sizzled and cackled with a dark energy. The entire room almost felt colder, but that must have been my imagination. I slumped against the floor with a heavy 'thump' and began my work.

I glanced up at Venn who seemed to watch my actions with a wide, curious gaze. It was like sewing, I intermingled the strands together and slowly allowed it to settle into my chest.

It....felt...heavy.

"D-done." I said toward Venn, a smile on my face. "How is the Venn feels?" I asked.