The alchemist closed his eyes and accepted the kiss - and held on as she shook. He had been about to tell her that he still blamed himself for not noticing the collar in time - if he had just paid a bit more attention, then she never would have been endangered. Instead - instead she had been taken to the Gallery. Which Nevin still had to deal with. Because they were still an issue. Not - not a threat. No, they seemed almost more devout worshippers than the normal members of the crimson church did. Just - darker, darker. Nevin carefully lifted the small girl up, cradling her in threads, and carried her out into the kitchen. He - gave in to his desire, and kept her close, curled up in his thread. She complied all too easily, pressing herself against his back, her arms draped over his shoulders as the red threads pressed her close to him.

As she mumbled incoherent words into his hair the redhead began cooking up the meat he had been preparing earlier. While theoretically he could have given her one of the blood stimulant potions, he preferred to have her recover naturally. Because - he didn’t fully trust himself not to overindulge if he gave her another one of those. He knew himself, and knew that she was absolutely wonderful to taste.

“Smell good.” She said from behind him. He felt her press her chin on his shoulder and knew she was watching him work. “Did you put potion in this too?” He shook his head, and as he did so pressed a quick kiss against her cheek.

“No. Too often, and they'll put a strain on your body. And my sanity. This is just straight food, chosen both for your carnivorous appetite and to help you regain blood naturally.” He sliced the meat down into thin strips, then began frying them in the sesame oil Eteri had insisted he use. As they cooked he added some of the diced garlic and the soy sauce, listening to her mumble as she drooled on his shoulder, distracting him with tiny nibbles against his skin as he worked. To retaliate, he started massaging her with the threads that were holding her against him, gentle, rolling waves of pressure. He felt her rumble with a purr against his back, and smiled.

Nevin focused on the food, trying to distract himself from the happy, purring ball of affection that was nuzzling him. Cooking up the meat, along with a small portion of vegetables for her, was easy enough. And he cheated - he used his threads to reach out and start boiling some water for the rice. But the true challenge would be getting his meat-loving girlfriend to actually eat the vegetables once he put them on the table.

“Not eat that.” She pouted as she reached over and pointed at said vegetables. He reached up and tweaked her nose.

“Yes you will dear. They'll help your body make the iron in your blood. You'll get better, faster, and we can have fun again without me being afraid I'm going to hurt you.” He admonished her gently. She felt the ends of threads pick against her skin then pull away without actually sliding in.

Nevin laughed as she slid off his back and into her chair. She was almost like a child, she still had a hand clutched tightly around a wad of his clothing. Refusing to fully let him go. Her eyes were puffy from crying as she stared up at me from the kitchen chair. “Fine.” She huffed as she quickly shoved them into her mouth, practically swallowing them whole and choking in the process.

“Eteri. Love. Chew, then swallow. I promise you, the taste won't kill you” He laughed and took her hand in his own, replacing fabric with flesh. He pulled the chair closer to hers, so they weren't sitting across the table from each other but side by side. It took a little effort to get a fork with his threads to cooperate, but he was soon eating his own meal steadily beside her.
She shuffled close to him and ate her meal in unusual silence. She paused and turned to him.

“Nevin...please...promise never to leave?” The alchemist paused and slow turned his head to her. He leaned over and kissed her forehead softly, tenderly.

“I promise, Eteri. Come whatever may, I'm not leaving you. Not - not this.” He reached out and placed his hand against her chest, between her breasts. “I love you. I'm not leaving that.”

She offered him a smile. “I love you too.” She leaned forward and kissed him gently on the tip of his nose then turned back to eat her meal. He smiled softly and turned back to his own food - then paused in his tracks, as a soft, desperate voice reached him. It echoed in his head - but was not as loud as the other had been. Soft - scared, alone.

Please… I know you’re busy - I know this is so new… but please? I’m scared - scared and alone and I - I …. It was a young boy’s voice. Tiny, hesitant. I saw the people in the church praying, and they all seemed so sure that you - their god? - would respond that - that I just have to ask. Please, it gets so cold...I don’t think… Nevin shot bolt upright. He couldn’t feel the emotions connected to this voice - they didn’t have a piece of his soul with them - but even so, he could hear the terror and desperation in it.

“Is ok?” The alchemist looked to his love, and gave her a slightly strained smile.

“No. Someone needs help and is praying to me for it. I’ll - be back soon dear. I suppose this is what it means to be a god.”

“What? No!” Eteri stood, indignant. “I follow. I help! I good at help sometimes!” She latched onto his coat with a clawed hand.

“Yes. Yes you are, love. Alright. Grab a blanket while I get a simple meal together for this poor boy.” He gently detached her hand and pushed her towards the bedroom.

“Yes, Ok...no leave without please?” She sounded desperate, and afraid. Nevin knew she was still shaken from the dream, but if that meant she’d help him then that was ok too.

“I won’t, dear. I promise you. I won’t go out of this store until you are by my side” He called after her, then turned to look at what to take to the boy. A simple meal, bread and some warm meat stuffed inside. He took a breath, and headed into his workshop and found a small nutrient potion.

Eteri returned with a blanket draped over her, tied around her neck like a cape. She also had her satchel which looked like it had been shoved full of clothing. Nevin’s clothes.

“Alright. Let’s go, dear. Together.” He held out his hand to her.

Eteri nodded as she took his hand and held it tightly in her own. “Mmm. Together. Eteri follow her Nevin, her god. Always.” Out into the cold night they went - Nevin leading the way back towards the church. The only place the small, scared voice could have gotten one of the blood pearls to pray to him with.