"Are you a merchant, Miss Esmeralda the Bane?" Alina asked as they strutted through the streets. Men with long lantern poles moved about lighting the lamp sconces set atop stone and ore ornamentations honoring the mining men and women that made up the bulk of the town's population. The last light reflected off the polished stone in stalwart colors, providing enough luminescence for the two women to make their way unhindered.

"No," The blonde smiled, her painted lips forming a clever arc. "I thought my name would have given it away. I am the greatest maker of poisons and antidotes in Stonevale... some say in all of Scara Brae."

"Are you sure about that?" Alina asked. "I heard about this baller alchemist named Nevin, I think he can do a thing or two with poisons and antidotes.."

"Nevin is NOTHING!" Esmeralda screeched, sounding like a swooping hawk. She regained her composure and re-settled her braid. "Excuse me. Besides, he's not canon because he never got a JC."

"There has never been a rule saying that getting a JC makes something canon," Alina pointed out, quite correctly. "Besides, if you're talking about him, and we're both picturing him..."

"Enough about nasty blood alchemy." Esmeralda said with a shudder. "Why don't you tell me more about you?" She looked left and right, over one shoulder then the other, and then reached out and took Alina's hand in hers.

Electricity and warmth seemed to radiate from the touch. The Fallieni woman did not know what to do. Could this be a custom of Scara Brae she had never heard of? When she first arrived in Corone she'd discovered many strange customs. For example, many warriors turned their noses up to conventional training and instead competed in Citadel deathmatches, often not caring about their own demise and learning no new skills or abilities at all. The Fallieni woman, who had trained in the combat arts her entire life, could not quite wrap her mind around the purpose of the Citadel. Granted, she had met Joshua Cronen there... thoughts of him brought back the electric tingle, and Alina came back to reality as Esmeralda guided her through an open iron gate.

"Welcome to our home," The blonde woman said with a sweep of her sifan clad arm. The manor took Alina's breath away. She'd seen grander buildings. The Citadel, where she'd attempted to fight Joshua Cronen (fighting him was a bit like fighting a waterfall, which, incidentally, is what they plunged off at the end of the battle. Spoiler alert, that hasn't even been posted yet.) Anyways, the Citadel was far grander, with its massive stone arches and stained glass windows. Its marble floors and enchanted oak doors. Its - wait, I should be describing the manor.

The manor grew from the ground almost naturally, its cedar foundations laid seamlessly in carved ruts. Elven cornices and pillars dominated the entryway, and other elements of Raiaeran architecture could be observed in the gentle curvature of the building.

"Our home?" Alina asked, wondering if she had misunderstood. Doesn't she mean her home?

"Yes, you're more than welcome to stay as long as you can." Esmeralda said, dragging her over the threshold. Inside the building smelled pleasantly of aged and polished wood, and sturdy furniture supported the rustic feel of the abode. Esmeralda led Alina to a divan and sat her down gently, doing a little twirl of her own as she moved away. "You just stay right there. I'll be back in three shakes of a dire wolf's tail." She pranced up a short flight of stairs and vanished into another room.