Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    As Elthas lashed out with his metallic gauntlet, Welkan attempted to alter his current movement pattern. Stopping in mid-movement was incredibly difficult for someone who was not skilled with agility based technique. He turned as quickly as he could, attempting to intercept Elthas's attack. He did the only thing he could think of. Summoning off a burst of elemental light, Welkan launched a small sphere of light from the depths of his soul. The burst was quick acting, and would hopefully push Elthas back and away. Welkan cursed as he summoned the contained burst, he was resorting to desperation tactics. He knew if he had his power, he would cut down Elthas with relative ease. Once again, he attempted to summon the full extent of The Glorious Light. Focusing for a moment, he found that the woman had done an extensive job at cutting him off from his main source of power.

Plus the crashing of the ward did not help matters. Once Welkan opened his eyes again, he suddenly felt something very heavy against his back. It knocked him clear off his feet and flat on the ground with tremendous force. The act left him in shock. A terrible pain swelled across his head where he'd been struck. Welkan retained his grip on his weapon, aiming it at the bounty hunter. He fired off another smiting spell at Elthas, the glowing energy streaked towards his nemesis. Welkan felt heat once again and that made him worry. He turned his attention towards the heat source very quickly and saw that several of the houses in the town were already ablaze. Welkan felt his life's work crashing all around him. Then, he lost sight of The Elf who had just been standing directly in front of him! Where the fuck did he go?!

"Elthas!" Someone yelled and that caught Welkan's attention. His eyes darted towards the sound of the yell. That woman! Welkan cursed, and attempted to stand, that was when he realized what Elthas had done to him.

"No!" Welkan yelled.

And saw that Herratya had gathered Elthas's equipment for him. She tossed him both of his daggers, and in exchange, they were caught by The Elf who had a grim expression on his face. For the first time, Welkan actually felt fear.

What the hell have they done to me!? He cried out in aguish as he stared up at the sky. He stood up but still had not seen where Elthas had moved to. As his township burned around him, the reality of the matter began to set in. Harshly. I am beaten... He stared up at the sky and slumped down against the ground, he couldn't fight any longer. The elementals had taken the most important things away from him and he was a broken man at that point. Nothing more than a mess. The thought repeated itself in his head. I am beaten...

Elthas walked up towards Welkan. He finished the small journey. He saw Herratya watching him the whole time and somehow, it made Elthas feel even more confident in his ability to capture Welkan alive. Once Elthas was within range, he proceeded to place one of his dagger tips right at the ball at Welkan's throat. He did not draw blood, he only performed the gesture to keep Welkan from doing anything stupid. "I bind you, Welkan Vennard." Elthas began, and summoned the rope that would imprison Welkan for his transport to The Syndicate chapter house. "So that you are no longer a threat to yourself and to others." Elthas said. Welkan was in too much pain and agony to respond. But Elthas saw hatred in the man's eyes. Elthas worked the rope around the paladin, and the rope's power worked to silence him farther. It was a complete victory for Elthas.

Elthas tied the rope as skillfully as he could. Then, he stood up looking at Herratya. She nodded and walked towards Elthas with his gear in her arms.

"For you." Herratya said. "Sorry we couldn't assist you sooner. You are injured, Elthas. I can treat you myself." Herratya offered.

"No." Elthas said. "You have already done more than enough for me. I have to turn this man in to the proper faction." Elthas said. "However I would like you to accompany me the whole time if you are able to." Elthas got dressed in front of Herratya and Welkan. With Welkan captured, there was no more reason for him to remain in Scara Brae. Except for Herratya herself. That was the one loose end that remained. Once Elthas was dressed, he lead Welkan back towards the kingdom of Scara Brae. There, was a certain location in the city itself where the chapter house lurked. As Elthas prepared himself to leave the burning town behind, he strangely found himself thinking of the night with the horses. He was almost burnt alive that night, by the woman now at his side. The thought made him shiver as he walked alongside her, pulling the bound prisoner along with him.

Buildings burned throughout the night, and the cries of the dead and dying filled the air. For some reason, the fire never spread past the township itself. Perhaps it was a form of control from the elementals themselves. As they burned the town, the elementals moved quickly through each of the edifices killing all they could find. A few individuals did manage to escape, but not because of skill. The elementals had what they wanted. Terrathyon made his way towards a particular structure in the village. This structure was a temple to The Thayne. One of the many polytheistic religions followed on Althanas. Terrathyon inherently hated The Thayne and everything that they were about. As he saw his companions torturing the last few remaining town folk, Terrathyon walked over towards the high priest. Thayne were worshiped all around Althanas, and Concordia was referred to as Ruild in The Thayne Codex.

Terrathyon had only assisted Elthas for one purpose. There was a Thayne artifact that he wanted. Elthas could help him get the artifact. And without realizing it, he had. I have finally gotten my revenge against the Vennard House. Terrathyon thought to himself. He looked at high priest for a long moment. The high priest was the individual that Terrathyon was after. He smiled coldly as the subordinates of the high priest were tortured all around him. Terrathyon spoke to the high priest.

"I want you to understand why we are here." Terrathyon said.

"Go to Hell!" The high priest yelled.

Terrathyon smacked the high priest, hard. "Fool! Just tell me where it is! And I promise to end the suffering of your cohorts!"

Terrathyon threatened. "I will not ask you again."

"You seek the codex?" The high priest finally asked.

"I do." Terrathyon responded. "You can either tell me where it is, or I rip the information out of your mind."

Terrathyon was stunned when the priest suddenly appeared very sad.

"I am the codex." He said. "If you make them stop, I will help you with what you are after."

"There's no need for that." Terrathyon responded. "You have told me everything I need to know already. I only need your soul, not you in fact." Terrathyon grimly touched the man's forehead. A burst of brilliant energy shined through the air, and Terrathyon ripped the living soul right out of the body of the priest. He took the soul and placed the screaming codex into the amulet that he wore. Then, Terrathyon turned towards his subordinates. "Kill everyone, we are done here." Terrathyon said, and left.

Elthas walked with Herratya by his side. He kept the rope that held Welkan in place in his hand. As they journeyed to Scara Brae, a few hours passed. Turned out, they were actually not that far from Scara Brae as Elthas initially thought. His eyes were narrowed and he avoided eye contact with any of the Scara Brae officials that looked at him wrong. He knew that The Syndicate was not loved in Scara Brae, but a chapter house still existed there. Elthas made his way to it, there were whispers in the crowds of people as they recognized their captured brother. Welkan was a man of some influence, he had been a former Captain of the guards working under the command of the royal family. Elthas saw the chapter house ahead, and proceeded to enter pulling Welkan along. When his superiors saw what Elthas had done, one Agent looked at him with complete shock on his face.

"I have come for the bounty on this man." Elthas said plainly.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:52 PM.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    For a moment several people in the chapter house of The Syndicate were shocked once Elthas spoke. He was a known bounty hunter working for The Syndicate and had achieved something of a rep. Elthas saw several workers observing him and Herratya and they immediately realized who was actually the bounty. One of The Syndicate's most hated marks: Welkan Vennard. Immediately, a man with a long overcoat, an elegant purple hat, and baggy brown pants approached. The man was clearly the chapter house leader, or at least someone ranking within the organization of The Syndicate. Elthas never met the man before, but he quickly memorized the fellow's appearance. Elthas took a quick glance at Welkan who was clearly in a state of extreme discomfort, he even noticed a hint of fear in the poor fellow's face. I am sorry. This is nothing against you, you were just a loose end. Elthas thought to himself as the ranking agent spoke to him.

"You're that Elf, right?" The man said. "Is that...is that Welkan?" The man asked in a state of absolute shock. "H-how did you manage to get him? We have tried many times, but have always failed."

Elthas looked at Herratya for a moment.

"You had help? Very good, I won't pry in this matter, the important thing is that he is now in our custody." The well dressed fellow then walked over towards Welkan and removed the mouth gag. "I want you to speak freely, son of Vennard." The other man said to Welkan. "Your subordinates, who have always hid from us will be revealed and hunted down." The well dressed fellow looked at Elthas then at Welkan. "Now. Do you have any words to say in your defense?"

Welkan spat on the floor. "You have won nothing on this day. My colleagues will come after me sooner or later and then there will be Hell to pay."

Without realizing exactly why, Elthas suddenly punched Welkan across the face. "Watch your tongue, whelp!" Elthas cursed. "A defeated paladin should be more observant of his place in the world now." Elthas was preparing to hit Welkan again.

Then, the well dressed fellow placed hand on Elthas. "Relax. He is lost. Where he is going now will put him out of history's pages forever." The man looked at Elthas. "We must discuss a reward for bringing Welkan in." Then, he turned towards several other Syndicate operatives. "You two, place this mark in stasis like I showed you before."

Welkan looked up at Elthas with anger and something like terror in his eyes, he said nothing and simply submitted to his fate.

Elthas looked at Welkan one last time before he was taken away. "He cost me a lot. It was not an easy hunt. My companion helped me out considerably, it is her you should thank also for his capture." Elthas said, explaining the whole ordeal.

"You appear to still be in tremendous amount of pain and discomfort, Elf." The man said.

Strangely, Elthas noticed that Herratya was very quiet the entire time. He looked at her and she nodded quietly. Saying nothing. He knew, firsthand, the power that the woman possessed and respected her obvious efforts at self control. He could only imagine the savage thoughts that had to be running through her mind being in the house of an enemy. In the city of Scara Brae itself. The crown of Scara Brae represented a terrible enemy for Herratya and her people. One day, they would be defeated. Elthas knew though, he had to return to Corone. Scara Brae was an entirely different kingdom. It had it's own shadows, policies, and devils manipulating the entire play. Elthas found himself holding Herratya's hand and she did not protest. He simply was trying to be more than ally, a friend. He looked back at the gentleman.

"I am just here to do my part. The typical bounty is fine. I do not want any other reward." Elthas became serious. "Just because he was a dead-mark doesn't mean I deserve any preferential treatment, okay?" Elthas said with an unusually harsh tone.

The gentleman widened his eyes for a moment. "If only there were more like you." The gentleman looked at Elthas. "Follow me I wish to give you something out of my personal storehouse." The gentleman said. "But first of all, I haven't introduce myself. My name is Davys Hathyen." The gentleman introduced himself.

"Elthas." Elthas said plainly. "I apologize for my tone, I'm very tired." Elthas said. "Me and my companion have been through a lot cause of the bastard, and I just want this chapter of my life closed."

"I understand. We lost many Syndicate agents as a result of our dealings with him." Davys explained. "The ward had always kept us at bay, but you must have some pretty powerful allies if you were able to work past the ward."

"It was thanks to my friend's clan. I had nothing to do with it." Elthas responded. Still, Herratya did not speak. She merely observed. She must be concentrating on matters that I can only barely understand...I shouldn't have brought her here. Elthas thought to himself and he realized that she must have been under a tremendous amount of emotional stress. "I merely captured Welkan. It was a fair duel, but he actually got me the first time...long story to that I will explain another time."

Suddenly, Herratya spoke. "Elthas, you do not have to be so modest." She looked at Elthas, then at Davys. "My people have certain secrets and we could not pass the ward either until Elthas's efforts secured us a way. That is all. The ward had a chink." Herratya tapped the side of her skull. "We did not know how powerful a spell it was until after the fact."

"I see..." Davys said. "In either event, we are here. This is my personal store house...I would like to gift you an item out of my collection if you would have one." Davys said.

"It is not necessary for me. But perhaps, you can assist my friend." Elthas said. "I just want my money for bringing him in and that's it." Elthas felt very tired, he knew he needed to rest but Scara Brae was not safe.

"Very well." Davys looked at Herratya. "You appear to be a spell slinger? Are you not?" Davys asked.

"I am." Herratya said modestly.

If only he knew... Elthas thought to himself.

"I have a few things in m collection that might interest you." Davys said. "Follow me." They all entered the storehouse.

Elthas was impressed by the size of the chamber. It was lit by a few orbs that were strategically placed to provide the best lighting. The gave off a warm, but bright light that helped control the temperature of the room. Elthas could see several of those glowing orbs all around the room. He looked up and noticed that the ceiling was built exceptionally high, but was still visible. The ceiling was a few feet above Elthas and his companions. He looked at the ground and noticed a fancy carpet that was likely from Alerar, or imported from some other artistically sound nation. Elthas was an artist himself, and he admired the craftsmanship of the carpet. It had elegant symbols embroidered into the fabric. Elthas saw several large boxes, chests, book cases and many other containers that held various items of interest. He regretted not having taken an interest in Davys's collection, but he had honor. Elthas did not want to impose upon someone he had just met, regardless of them being an ally in The Syndicate or not.

"My collection is well stocked." Davys said. "I have a few grimoires that date back a century or two, several scrolls, and some artifacts that you might like." Davys explained. "I am an avid collector and some of my subordinates like these things you see." Davys walked over towards a certain collection of chests and containers.

Elthas could feel tremendous arcane energy radiating from that corner of the room.

He didn't like it, it reminded him of home.

Herratya suddenly saw something that interested her. She was capable of seeing with tremendously enhanced senses and immediately identified a certain object. "That is..." She released Elthas's hand and walked over towards a particularly well decorated chest.

"Wait, Herratya!" Elthas said, seeing the rune wards on the chest.

Herratya stopped herself from touching the chest...

Davys suddenly understood what he was dealing with. "Elthas...you saw the wards? You are quite a gifted Elf." He smiled at Elthas. "Nevertheless, I would not have allowed any harm to befall your friend." Davys removed a small relic from his packs. Then placed it against the chest a certain way.

Elthas noticed the positioning, and memorized it but said nothing. Everything in life had a purpose, even the subtle things. Soon, the chest was opened and the rune wards placed on the chest were powerless whilst the chest was open.

Now that sort of a Key is neat... Elthas thought to himself. ...That's a very interesting trick.

"What is the object that interests you the most?" Davys asked of Herratya.

She moved to a very specific item. Strangely enough, it was an instrument that glowed with a powerful aura. A harp. "This harp, it reminds me of something I saw once long ago. It is enchanted is it not?" Herratya asked.

"It is." Davys responded. "The make and quality of the harp are not known to us currently and we can only guess at how old the item is. However it's components suggest to Scara Brae antiquity."

"It is Dragonic." Herratya suddenly said, and that surprised both Davys and Elthas.

"How can that be? Them dragon folk hail from Dheathain?" Davys commented.

"No. It is not the Dheahtain folk." Herratya said. She looked at Davys very carefully. "Do you suppose I could have this item? I intend to study it and can show you the efforts of my results. I used to play the harp in my youth..." Herratya revealed.

It was a piece of the greater puzzle falling in place. The Elementals are quite powerful and I don't know exactly what they are capable of. She seems to know about certain objects in here... Elthas realized at that moment that Herratya was a scholar of sorts as well. He kept a serious expression on his face the entire time he observed Herratya speaking with Davys.

"Because you have assisted Elthas, I shall grant you your request. Just bring your findings here sometime." Davys said honestly. He handed the harp towards Herratya who had a strangely humble expression on her face.

"I have not seen one of these since..." Herratya began to say. But did not finish the sentence. Elthas noticed that her eyes became quite distant as she studied the magnificent harp.

"Elthas. I can arrange for your reward right away, or, you can rest until tomorrow and you will receive your reward then." Davys said.

"The place I am staying at is a bit of a ways away." Elthas looked at Herratya for a moment. "I would like my reward as soon as it can be arranged and then I shall go ahead and take my leave. I need to return to The Terrentius Estate." Elthas said.

"You know Theo?" Davys suddenly asked.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:59 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas suddenly had a sour expression on his face. "Not that it's any of your business, but I do know Theo. My initial connection into our Guild was Seth." Elthas explained, that first night he did save Seth Terrentius from a gang of ruffians that had accosted him. He'd been a Syndicate agent ever since then.

"So I see." Davys said. "Very well, I will not pry too much into your history." Davys warded the chest again and looked Herratya for a moment. "I hope you discover it's purposes quite soon." Davys said. "I am eager to see what it is actually for."

"I shall provide a detailed report for you." Herratya said, she was being sincere. "I do not have ties to your Guild but I thank you for giving me the relic." Herratya shook Davys's hand.

"Then it's settled. Elthas. I shall take care of your reward now." Davys said. Then, the trio made their ways to the front of the chapter house once more.

"Davys." Elthas said as they walked. "You have an impressive collection." Elthas meant that. "I shall tell Theo that you could use more recruits, and perhaps, more funding."

"You would do that?" Davys asked. He stopped and turned towards Elthas. "Elthas, how well do you know Theo?"

Elthas turned towards Herratya, and then looked at Davys. "I deal directly with Theo and Seth, my handler is the woman, Hylda." Elthas did not need to reveal anymore than that as it was not any of their business. "It was Seth that initially sent me here to Scara Brae to help complete another job..." Elthas growled at the thought of the horse theft job. "But now I am here. I was looking for Welkan for a time now which is what lead me to you." Elthas narrowed his eyes carefully. "I don't actually speak to Theo too often, but when I do..."

"I understand..." Davys said. "I can use whatever resources can be spared." Davys said. "Elthas. If you ever were to consider a long term stay here in Scara Brae, my men could effectively assist you in getting an appropriate cover identity."

For a moment, Elthas actually considered that. "I appreciate it. Right now, I am in a hurry to return with my report back to the Terrentius Estate. When I return to Scara Brae some months from now, perhaps I can assist you on a more permanent basis." Elthas found himself liking Davys. He reminded him a lot of Seth Terrentius, who was also a gentleman. Davys was an agreeable associate. I don't mind helping him out. He assisted me with everything that needed doing, and now I am going to get my pay. After that I can leave Scara Brae and return home... The Brokenthorne Forest was not Ruild. Each forest had a different spark of life essence to it, and Blackthorne Forest made Elthas very uncomfortable. He was like a fish out of water. Elthas longed to return home. He also had to return Herratya to her people...another task that needed to get done.

"Very well. When there are more marks, I shall send the information to Seth or Theo." Davys said. "Elthas. Good luck in your future endeavors. And once again, I thank you for bringing the bastard in. He has cost me many good agents." Davys was approached by an operative who worked in the chapter house. The operative handed Elthas a pouch. "Here, Elthas. Do not count it here, but when you are alone. It is a little extra for your troubles." Davys said.

"Many thanks." Elthas responded. He took the pouch and placed it in his packs. It weighed a considerable amount, and he guessed it was probably much more than what he had asked for. But he was not one to turn aside a common courtesy. I will have to return in the near future to get this man some needed competent help. Elthas thought. He then looked at Herratya. "My friend. We should part from here. I am sure your people are eagerly awaiting your return." Elthas said. "And Davys, I will see you again sometime soon."

"I would hope so. May The Thayne be your stalwart guides to victory in all your battles, Elthas." Davys said.

Elthas had been watching Herratya, and she seemed to become angry with the mention of the Thayne. It was subtle, but Elthas had seen the minute changes in her eyes. He knew that the people of Scara Brae were in terrible danger with her amongst them. "I thank you." Elthas said, not removing his eyes from Herratya. He was hoping she would at least warn him if she blew up. "I must part ways with you now."

Elthas and Davys shook hands. Then, Davys thanked Herratya as well. You have no idea how lucky you are she doesn't just snatch all the artifacts out of your stash house. Thaynes be damned, what have I gotten myself into? Elthas thought to himself.

A short while later, Herratya and Elthas were on the road again traveling back towards Vennard's township. Herratya had a stern expression on her face. "Thayne." She suddenly said after about two hours of walking in silence. Her anger was audible. Herratya stopped walking, and Elthas immediately stopped after that. "Elthas. Today's experience has been very valuable and I have learned much about the workings of Scara Brae." She looked at Elthas. "You have to return to Corone don't you?" She suddenly had an expression on her face that Elthas knew was something akin to sadness.

"I do." Elthas responded. "But I won't be gone forever." Elthas said. "You have my word that I will return to complete my education I have started with your people."

"No..." Herratya suddenly said. "I wish to go with you."

Elthas had not been expecting that. "Why? Your people are here, wouldn't you get lonely or something?" Elthas asked without thinking.

Herratya laughed. "Elthas." Herratya said. "You and I are now bound to one another. Your fate is now my fate. Your future is now my future. Your Guild might not be mine, but I understand why you have done what you have done. You have done a service to my people in helping us conquer an enemy. In exchange, I owe you a great deal. It's not just about secrets and trinkets Elthas."

Elthas reached out and touched Herratya's face for a moment. She held his hand.

"Elthas." She said. "I want a companion."

That was like an explosion going off in his heart. Elthas grimaced as though he'd been slapped across the face. Though he was a lustful person and enjoyed sex, he was also a loyal person. He had someone waiting for him back home. "Herratya..." Elthas began. "I have someone waiting for me back home." Elthas decided that the truth was the best course of action. "I understand where some of this is coming from. But...I cannot pursue such a union with you."

"If you were alone you could?" Herratya suddenly asked.

"I..." Elthas said. There was pain in his eyes. Elthas looked away from Herratya, a scowl on his face. "Herratya I do care a lot for you. That won't ever change. But what you want I cannot give to you..." Elthas said to her.

Elthas knew that expression on his face, perhaps, in a way he had just doomed them all.

"You." Herratya began. "You cannot tell me what to want and what not to want. I take what I want!"

Elthas suddenly felt like his very life was in danger. But he did not run. "I...I am not afraid of you." Elthas said. "You are my friend, but if you want to bring great harm to me, do what you must."

"Y...you have no idea what I can do to you." Herratya said. Her eyes began to glow with the manifestation of her elemental energy.

Maybe I should run...she'd just hunt me down anyway...Hylda...forgive me...I tried...to be loyal. Elves were a very loyal folk, and stood by their friends and loved ones, what was about to happen was the last thing that Elthas would have ever wanted. He had made Herratya angry at him.

"This creature you belong to. If I take her away from you, then you will belong to me. And I can be at peace with you. You have no idea what you have started today Elthas Belthasar." Herratya's facial expression was bordering on the psychopathic. "You belong to me! I won't let anybody else have you." Herratya looked at Elthas and suddenly reached out to him.

Elthas cried out in agony...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 07:05 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Darkness.

For a moment, Elthas only perceived the dark. Somehow, it provided a comfort for him as he let it consume him completely. After a few moments, or perhaps, an eternity, Elthas felt his eyes reopen. He stood in an entirely familiar environment. His eyes adjusting to whatever magics had whisked him back home in the first place. Rubbing his eyes for a moment, he turned towards his left and saw the figure of Herratya standing by his side. He saw an expression on her face that sent a chill up and down his spine. Then, he turned towards the nearest of The Terrentius Estate workers. Elthas walked over towards the boy, a fellow that appeared to be in his late teens.

"Hey. Is Seth or Theo home right now?" Elthas asked of the kid.

The kid turned slowly towards Elthas and looked up at him. "Yeah. They just got back in from a job this morning. Were wondering about you. Asked us if they saw you arrive today, to have you report to them right away."

"Thanks for the info kid." Elthas parted with the boy. Herratya remained by his side, she was quiet...too quiet. Elthas noticed she had not said a word since they were both transported back to The Terrentius Estate. I assume she is the cause of this all. I cannot allow her to place comrades in danger...if need be...I'll sacrifice myself. Elthas walked over towards the main edifice of The Terrentius Estate.

As a property, The Terrentius Estate had several large houses situated around a central structure. Elthas's house was one of the smaller houses, but still considerably sized. Looking at the main structure of The Terrentius Estate, Elthas felt a pang of longing. I am home. There was another thought that lingered somewhere in the back of his mind, nagging at him like a festering injury. It was the exact image of Hylda Terrentius, the woman that he called a partner. Elthas greeted several more workers on the way towards the main portion of The Terrentius Estate.

People genuinely greeted The Bounty Hunter with respect as he acknowledged the other workers. It was clear that Elthas had acquired a strong sense of loyalty amongst the other Syndicate workers. There were two guards standing on either side of the double doors that lead into the main building, one of the guards opened the doors for Elthas and his companion.

"Lord Belthasar. You return." The guard said carefully. "Seth will want to see you right away with your report from Scara Brae."

Elthas paused and turned towards the guard. "Can you tell me where Seth actually is?" Elthas asked.

"Yes he's in the dining hall." The guard responded. "They are serving a spread as we speak, Lord Belthasar. Perhaps you and your guest can stay for dinner." The guard said.

"Perhaps." Elthas repeated. He was hurt, and tired. I have refused treatment from my injuries against that bastard, Welkan. I will have to rest and recover from my injuries before I take on the next job. Elthas felt a little light headed at that moment, but kept walking past it. He didn't want to keep his old comrade, Seth, waiting.

Elthas walked towards the dining hall which was part of the east wing of the mansion. Elthas opened the door to the dining hall, and was delighted to see Seth Terrentius eating his lunch. Nobody else was in the chamber with him. Elthas saw that the carpet was royal blue and emblazoned with The Syndicate emblems. Overhead, there were several chandeliers casting light on the dining table below. Candelabra were visible on the long dining table, there were several placed. They were all lit with small flames that flickered to and fro. Elthas felt the warmth from the familiar fireplace. The flame was blazing, and that brought a certain sense of warmth and comfort.

"Ah." Seth said carefully. He was an older gentleman of Human descent. He wore a fancy butler's suit but that was for show. He did not have gloves on whilst he ate. "Elthas my boy. You look frightful, do have a seat my dear young man." Seth motioned for Seth and his companion to sit down. "Oh and what's this? My, my, she's a handsome one." Seth kissed Herratya's hand when the woman approached. "My lady, pleasure to make your acquaintance. You have accompanied our young Elthas here means that you have helped us in some way, no doubt. But before any of that..." Seth looked towards Elthas. "You have been gone a long time." Seth said. "I trust you have completed the task that originally sent you to Scara Brae in the first place?" Seth asked.

Elthas removed the large parcel that he was given at the chapter house in Scara Brae. He handed Seth the package. "Davys sends his regards." Elthas said, he felt exceedingly exhausted. He didn't even know why. "The details of the mission are all there, and furthermore, Davys is requesting extra funding. Perhaps a few extra men as well." Elthas looked down towards Seth who was seated on a well shined chair.

"You're saying you caught him...? Welkan Vennard is caught...?" Seth had an incredulous look on his face. "D-do you realize what this means, my boy?"

"I-I'm very tired, Seth. The job was not an easy one." Elthas explained. "I was only able to complete it because of my friend here." Elthas looked over at Herratya for a moment, then looked back at Seth. "If you don't mind I'd like to get some rest. Tell everybody I am home, but make sure nobody disturbs me...nobody..." Elthas said. Including Hylda...I don't know what Herratya will do to her... Elthas looked at Seth for a moment longer.

"Very well my boy. I will see to it that Theo gets this information okay? Get your rest, lad. You look very well done in." Seth said.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Everything felt surreal to Elthas. Like he was there, and wasn't there at the same time. He wasn't certain how much blood he lost as a result of the injuries he'd sustained under Welkan's hand. Elthas was followed by Herratya the entire time, who still said nothing. Elthas didn't care at that point, he simply needed to get into his own bed and sleep for days. He felt like a great lead weight was placed on his heart, he didn't really understand what that meant at the time. Elthas passed several other workers on his way back home, but he didn't say anything to anybody else. I am too damned tired, I just want to sleep.

Once Elthas found himself in his personal quarters, he turned to address Herratya.

"This is my place. I have my art works, and sculptures here. You are welcome here as my guest, but please try not to start any trouble." Elthas did not regret saying that. He unlocked the large apartment like complex, and let Herratya enter first. Elthas followed shortly after, closing the doors after the two of them. Feeling exhausted, Elthas walked over to where his bed was. "You can sleep in bed with me, or on the couch, I don't care which. I would have made better accommodations, but I didn't know you were coming with me." Elthas said.

"I had to come with you..." Herratya said carefully. "It is how the transport spell works." She looked at Elthas's bed. "Your bed is adequate enough. But I am not yet tired, I shall accompany you after I have healed your injuries." Herratya said, looking at Elthas.

"I do not object." Elthas said calmly. "Just let me get out of these filthy clothing, and into something more comfortable." Elthas took off his clothing bit by bit, it was only then that he realized the extent of his damage. He was badly scarred, and dried blood came off with his clothing. Some of the injuries could have been infected.

"Elthas..." Herratya suddenly said. "Let me help you out of your clothing. You are hurt really bad...I should have healed you sooner." She said carefully, helping Elthas out of his clothing.

"I didn't want to be anymore of a burden on you..." Elthas said. "You have already done so much for me..." Elthas was getting really tired, and he felt like he was about to pass out.

"Elthas..." Herratya began. "Here let me begin by treating your injuries with the spell I know..." Herratya summoned her power, and began to use the healing spell on Elthas's injuries. Elthas laid down in his bed, she was in the bed with him, utilizing the magic at her command...

"Well, look at this." Came a familiar voice sometime later. "A party that I was not invited to..."

Elthas barely registered the commanding voice, belonging to Hylda Terrentius. He awoke with a start, looking at her, and then realizing that Herratya was in the bed with him. Elthas sighed, he was too tired for drama of that nature. He looked down at his scarred form, Herratya had completely healed him of his injuries, he was just tired.

"Hylda, I'm too tired right now..." Elthas said. "Can we discuss this later, after I've slept?" Elthas asked.

"After you've slept?" Hylda began to undress. "Do you think this works on a basis of what you want? However you did bring me a tasty morsel." Hylda was referring to Herratya. "I wish to enjoy her as well, my love."

Elthas's eyes went wide for a moment. Then he looked at Herratya, then back at Hylda. He sighed. "Do what you will, but I am not responsible for what comes of this..." Elthas said carefully. He was too tired to really care about anything at that point. He sighed once more when Hylda slid in the bed with them, he was thankful that he had a large bed that could accommodate several large adults. Elthas was too tired to protest, but he hadn't realized the viper's den he had just placed himself in at the time.

"Hylda, I have missed you." Elthas kissed the top of her head.

"I know." She responded casually. "I am thankful that you have had a successful mission once again. I was worried I would never see you again."

Elthas held both women in his powerful arms. When, he saw Herratya stirring, he readied himself for what he knew was coming. I am not mentally prepared to deal with this shit right now... Elthas thought to himself as he looked at Herratya whilst the woman awoke. Elthas saw her wake up and adjust her vision. He watched her the whole time when she spotted Hylda.

"So..." Herratya said. "You are the creature, Hylda Terrentius are you not?" Herratya asked. Herratya sat up and stared at Hylda.

"I am no creature, but I am Hylda, yes." Hylda responded. She sat up as well, they were staring directly at one another.

Thayne forsake me. I knew this was going to happen...

Elthas did not try to get up, he simply laid there staring up at them both. They were both equally beautiful women, and only an insane man would not bed either of them. However, Elthas knew that Herratya was extremely dangerous and extremely unstable. He wanted to take Hylda Terrentius out of harm's way. Suddenly, he recalled something that Herratya had told him before she whisked them both back to The Terrentius Estate. This creature you belong to. If I take her away from you, then you will belong to me. And I can be at peace with you. You have no idea what you have started today Elthas Belthasar. You belong to me! I won't let anybody else have you. It suddenly dawned on him that Hylda was in terrible danger...
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    "What are you talking about? Elthas is already spoken for by me." Hylda suddenly said, looking at Herratya carefully.

"If I kill you, Elthas will be all mine." Herratya suddenly said. "He belongs to me, and I will allow nobody to get in the way of that." Herratya said, her insanity clear to Elthas at that point.

Elthas quickly got up out of the bed and rushed towards Hylda. He was vaguely aware of what the elementals were capable of doing. "Hylda!" Elthas yelled and jumped in front of Herratya, he pushed Hylda out of the way, knocking her on the ground.

"Elthas, what is the meaning of-" Hylda suddenly realized that Elthas had just saved her life.

He screamed in pain. Elthas looked at Herratya carefully, through the light of the electric bolts that she had summmoned. "We don't always get what we want in life...I belong to Hylda Terrentius. Now and forever." Elthas found himself saying as the tendrils of electricity lashed out around his form. A few moments later, it stopped. Elthas saw Herratya looking at him with an insane look in her eyes.

"Why did you do that...?" Herratya asked, she clearly seemed confused.

Elthas growled, he was in tremendous pain. His body hurt and was broken. Hylda was nearby, but she stared at him in shock. The events that had just unfolded still settling into her mind. "Because of love. I do care about you Herratya, you are my friend." Elthas spoke in a low tone but he knew she could hear him, they both could. "I love Hylda Terrentius. Herratya, you have attempted to do a terrible thing today. You would have caused my people and myself a tremendous amount of pain and needless suffering. That is not love." Elthas was surprisingly very angry as he spoke. "Love is about companionship and understanding." Elthas said. It was clear that his new friends did not have a grasp of very Human emotions. "You would have taken something very important away from me."

"I hurt you...Elthas..." Herratya suddenly said, the situation playing itself over and over in her mind. "Elthas, I did not mean for any of this to occur..." Herratya suddenly stood up. She looked at the two of them. "Forgive me." She begged, and suddenly vanished in a burst of energy.

Elthas was too tired and too hurt to do anything. She left...she should never have brought this upon all of us... Elthas fell on the ground, clutching at his chest in pain. He had taken a blast of the elemental lightning at point blank range. A lesser man would have died. She probably spared my life once she realized she was attacking me, and not Hylda. He thought to himself, carefully as he lay flat against the ground. Still, Hylda did not act. He could see, her heat signature nearby and she stood in a completely shocked position. "I could use some help..."
    Elthas commented as he tried to look towards Hylda. He used his normal vision to see her, he liked to see her as she was. Finally, she seemed to calm down and move towards him. Elthas watched her the whole time as she placed a hand on his shoulder, she recoiled.

"You're hot, what was that light?" Hylda asked.

"Sorcery." Elthas explained. "I am in a lot of pain and could use treatment..." Elthas said.

"Sorcery..." Hylda repeated. "All right." Hylda said. "Elthas, you have done a brave thing for me today and proven your loyalty to The Syndicate." Hylda was speaking as a Syndicate agent first, and a woman second. "You will get the help you need..." Hylda was still trying to sort everything out in her head. The bitch was going to kill me... The thought suddenly made her very angry. "Elthas, we will have a long talk once you have recovered about that woman. I want to know everything about who and what she is..." Hylda growled that last part out. "If she is a threat to our way of life, we will need to prepare."

"No." Elthas suddenly said.

"Come again?" Hylda was surprised.

"Let her go. You have no idea what the hell she can do. I do. The man, Welkan Vennard was only captured because her and her people helped me do it. I couldn't capture him alone. The rat bastard was dirty..." Elthas growled thinking back on the initial battle with Welkan. He was better than me... Elthas thought to himself. Maybe I am not as good as people give me credit for. Maybe, I am the weak one who needs to get stronger...maybe I am going insane... Elthas was thinking to himself about the matter at hand. You are not the one who deserves forgiveness, Herratya, I am. Elthas looked at Hylda. His body was not as hot as a few moments earlier, and Hylda had managed to turn him around so he was on his back.

"What the fuck..." Hylda said as she looked at the tremendous damage Herratya had caused. The blazing light had scorched Elthas terribly, his skin was dark and charred.

Elthas saw tears swell up in Hylda's eyes. "She culd have killed you...?"

Elthas nodded somberly. "She spared me for whatever reason. Once she realized who she was attacking she stopped herself. But yes, she could have killed me and you, and most of the people here. Probably all. I don't doubt Seth, or, Theo's skill...but I know what Herratya is capable of doing." Elthas growled. "She and her people are not of the mortal world."

"The mortal world, she's not even Human?" Hylda asked incredulously.

She is asking the right questions. Thaynes bless Hylda. Her thirst for knowledge rivals my own. "She is not Human." Elthas confirmed, and passed out from the pain.

~FIN~

~~~Spoils Request~~~

1-Iron and leather gauntlet. It feels surprisingly light weight and is used to primarily knock people out as a blunt weapon.

2-500 Gold. Payment for The Syndicate job. (I'll take whatever I can get but I prefer this 500 gold reward if it's okay.)
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Because this is a continuation of a completed Guided Quest, an extra 5% exp has been rewarded in addition to the base exp for the quest. Congratulations!

Plot
    Storytelling 5
    I enjoyed seeing where you took the characters and events in the GQ, though there was something to be desired in the telling of the story. I would have liked more about Welkan's past, the conflict between the paladins and the elementals, and other details that were foregone.

Setting 3
    Here and there, you could really set the scene, but for the most part it felt as if the characters were behaving in a void. There was so much focus on the people and less on the surroundings.

Pacing 5

Character
    Communication 4
    I didn't get much of an idea about your characters through what they said and did as much as I did from statements in the narrative. I feel that you could have really shown the idealism of the paladins or even given more meat to the elementals. Here you have a tribe of beings that are shown as so much beyond the mortal realm but we never really see that. We never see exactly what makes them different, the wisdom of years, or what the power of the tap does to their conscious. They felt almost too human, if that makes sense.

Also, there was a bit of repetition between dialogue and the narrative that cheapened the dialogue. Make your character's words count and help you to tell the story. An example of what to avoid:

He had someone waiting for him back home. "Herratya..." Elthas began. "I have someone waiting for me back home."

Action 6

Persona 3
    As I've touched upon in Communication, I would have liked to see more meat to the personalities of your NPCs. As far as Elthas goes, we know he's honorable, determined, and intelligent because those are the things that we're told he is. His honor is shown in his refusal to kill without necessity, but where does that come from? All of these attributes are never really shown in any way other than this shallow portrayal. It's almost as if we're watching a puppet show and we go away knowing that one puppet is the honorable one, and one is the crazy one, and one is the target, but at the end of the day, they all kind of meld together and all we really remember is that we saw a puppet show about insanity and determination, honor and death.

I really would like to see more depth in your NPCs most of all. I got a small glimpse at Welkan, more than I saw of the elementals, but there was so much potential there for you to show. You showed him as a good man who got in a bad position with the wrong people (his debt to the Syndicate) and you showed that he could go pretty far when it came to protecting the people he cared for, but I feel that the torture scene lacked depth. Wouldn't a good man feel uncomfortable with this sort of interrogation? If this is part of his determination to protect the others in his town, I would have liked to see how that passion won over his conscience. Or perhaps he could be a good man and still be fine with torture because of some conditioning in his past? I never really could know, because it was an aspect of character that begged to be explored and stayed untouched.

Prose
    Mechanics 5
    For the most part, it was clean and without too many errors. However, I do notice that you have trouble with plurals and using homonyms. For instance, you used bare (exposed/uncovered) in the place of bear (to carry/hold) when talking about someone carrying a weapon.

Clarity 6

Technique 4
    There was some instances of simile and metaphor that I found particularly striking. However, one thing I want you to keep in mind is your target audience. You use a lot of plain, straightforward statements in the narrative, with few moments of finesse. You write in such a direct manner, that it feels almost as if I'm reading a children's book. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit have different writing styles because Tolkien wrote The Hobbit as a children's book, and well, I just really like it much better. However, it feels as if the story that you want to craft is intended for an older audience, with more maturity to understand the nuances that I can see you trying to impart on your characters. Stylistically, your technique needs to mature as well. At one point you talked about the wisps in the air being like a tapestry. Expound on those connections and really draw me into your head, and bring more terrifying imagery to the villains and players in the narrative to help it live up to the tales that you craft.

Wild Card 4

Total 45

Elthas_Belthasar gains 1109exp and 300gp
    He also gains as a spoil the iron and leather gauntlet. Any power/enchantment the gauntlet has needs to be cleared through the RoG in character updates.
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

Non Timebo Mala
    EXP: 126,303, Level: 15
    Level completed: 46%, EXP required for next level: 8,697
    Level completed: 46%,
    EXP required for next level: 8,697
    GP

Name
    Letho Ravenheart
    Race
    Human