Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

~The Waking Dreams.~ (Solo)

( Continued from this thread: Horses )

Time passed since the Scara Brae incident originally occurred. It was now referred as an incident in Elthas's mind because it had taken him off the course that initially lead him to Scara Brae in the first place. He was hunting a man named Welkan Vennard. The reason he took the job with the horses was so that he could find some clues about Welkan's current where about. Thinking back on the horse job, he realized that it probably had not been a good investment after all. However, he met The Tap elementals as a result. The things he could learn from them would ultimately be it's own reward.

It was in a quiet August day, a Friday, that Elthas found himself waking up in the Brokenthorn Forest. Some months had passed since the incident with the horse thefts. The incident placed Elthas in the care of a tribe of Elementals from the Tap. Elthas knew a very small amount of information about The Tap, his more conservative mind hadn't studied the ancient ways of his people long enough to develop an acute knowledge of the past. That was part of the reason that he had joined The Elementals in the first place. He wanted to learn their secrets. Scara Brae was not home, Radasanth was. He, a foreigner in a strange land, had to make due with matters as they presented themselves. Elthas had listened to the girl teach him about the sorcery of The Tap. Sorcery was beyond Elthas's knowledge, but not the relicry. Relicry tended to be something right up Elthas's alley. Elthas was more rooted in the physical aspect of things, and didn't like worrying about things beyond his control too often.

Elthas found himself in a quiet part of Brokenthorn Forest. Very few monsters seemed to be about, likely due to the taint that The Tap's denizens placed in the air. Elthas could see arcane residue, wisps and bursts of colour everywhere. They seemed to be woven into the very air itself like a tapestry. Electric sparks of blues and purples swirled through the air, cascading about and singing this or that location in the field. Many trees surrounded Elthas, and The Elementals were there as well. There was a small group of them, varying sizes and shapes, that were going about different tasks. Their leader, didn't seem to be the girl that Elthas encountered during his attempt to rob the horses. Elthas stood by the girl, he knew that currently, the task of being a servant for them placed itself on his shoulders. Elthas did not regret the choice to follow the girl to that location. It strangely reminded him of his early adventures when he saved an elder member of The Syndicate from a group of ruffians. That adventure lead to him joining The Syndicate. The man he had saved was a fellow by the name of Seth Terrentius, who was an elder member of The Syndicate.

The current adventure lead him to joining the small community of Elementals from The Tap.

Elthas's arms were folded across his chest as he stared at the leader of The Elementals. In that place, they appeared in their true forms. Swirling forms of energy that took on a humanoid shape, but were not human. They appeared as masses of energy in that bipedal configuration. Elthas looked at the leader who appeared as a raging inferno of flames and sweltering heat. From what Elthas knew of the girl next to him, she appeared to be a lightning elemental of some sort. Lightning and smoke. Seeing their true forms made Elthas more than a little bit nervous. He knew he was in a pit of serpents and they could lash out to bite him at any moment. He had to be ready to flee if the need arose.

Elthas knew that he lacked skill in the arcane arts, that meant he wasn't entirely certain how Elementals could help him out. However, he could be rewarded in other ways. The Mute Stone in his possession was an ancient Elven artifact that possessed many secrets. He felt certain that these folk could assist him in unlocking it's power. At the very least, they could point Elthas in the right direction. I have to become stronger so that I can be of use to the people that matter. Elthas thought to himself as he stared at the leader of The Elementals.

The wind came in from the Southeast. Grass underneath Elthas's feet danced with the breeze, rippling about like an ocean's wave. Subtle greens were everywhere and reminded Elthas of one of his scenic paintings. An artist, Elthas knew he'd made the right decision in joining up with this group of people. He wouldn't become a slave, but he could assist them as he assisted the Syndicate. It is in my best interest to help these people out. They are powerful and can assist me in ways I can only dream of... Elthas thought to himself.

Low hanging branches from the trees appeared in such a configuration that they seemed to want to touch the denizens of the small area.

There were no houses present, Elthas presumed that they simply slept out in the open fields.

Elthas only needed a small tent, or a sleeping bag to rest in.

He carried a sleeping bag with him at all times.

He wondered about the language that the Elementals used, listening with his sharp ears. The subtle words that seemed to be in the wind itself. Elthas could swear that he heard a singing in the wind, and assumed that singing was the wind chime like sound of their voices. It seemed like a form of song speak. The singing voices were like a choir, and Elthas felt more than a little uncomfortable at identifying the sound. They were able to commune with the wind itself, and probably much deeper than even that. As Elthas listened to the song in the wind, he felt a strange sense of familiarity with the song. I feel like I have heard this somewhere before... Elthas thought to himself.

Elthas kept his eyes closed as he listened to the mysterious tongue they used so effectively. He had to concentrate because it seemed like it was hanging just outside of his ears. Never penetrating his sensitive earlobes, but just outside nonetheless. The songs flowed in an almost ethereal fashion. It soothed an relaxed his tension filled heart. There wasn't anything ominous or dark about the songs at all, they simply provided a sense of comfort. I wonder if I can learn how to play such a beautiful music...or reproduce the quality of sound with the instruments I know how to play.

About an hour passed as Elthas stood there and the two Elementals communicated with one another. Elthas imagined the songs in the air as an orchestra of sorts, and it seemed to get louder after that hour passed. He wasn't certain but the song he heard seemed to have clearly defined words. A language he had never heard before. Once the ordeal finished, the girl finally spoke in the common tongue. The girl finally turned towards Elthas, addressing him.

"This is the one that brought me the horses. There were some others, but they were sloppy. Three all together, including this boy." The girl said, Elthas listened as she spoke.

"Come forth, Elthas." The man commanded.

Elthas did not hesitate, approaching The Elemental with calm steps. He nodded with respect towards the being. I must be cautious, I know they possess tremendous power. They could flay me with ease, I better not piss them off. Elthas thought.

"Elthas..." The man said. Elthas could see a ferocity in the thing's eyes. They were eyes of flaring energy that reminded Elthas of volcanoes, more than actual eyes. "Long have we hid in the shadows. But now, a new dawn has come, and we no longer have to hide thanks to your actions in helping my people. What is it that you want in exchange for helping us?" The man asked, Elthas realized just then that the man was getting right to the point.

Elthas looked at the girl for a moment, then looked at her leader. He knew he could not screw around in front of them, or try to get flowery with his words. He had won a favour, but he did not yet have their loyalty. "I...I simply want knowledge. And perhaps power. But primarily knowledge. My people have always been fascinated with the denizens of the Tap." Elthas said calmly. He continued. "It is a rare opportunity for one like myself to speak with a representative of your people. I have always wanted to learn about The Tap and in turn, make myself more skilled." Elthas said. He hoped that would be enough.

"Wise words." The leader said carefully. "I am glad to have made your acquaintance today. I have a feeling that you will become a valuable resource." Elthas could sense a sort of sincerity in the leader's words.

"I thank you. So we are in agreement?" Elthas asked. He had to know for certain.

"We are. You shall learn the ways of our people. And, as a result, the way of the Tap. In exchange, we will ask things of you. Sometimes dark things, but necessary things." The leader admitted. "If you are able to do these things, you will be greatly rewarded for your effort."

"Very well. I agree to these terms." Elthas said. "When do we begin?"

"The hour is already upon us." The leader said. "My name is Terrathyon." He said. "I look forward to seeing you progress with your training."
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:00 PM.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    "Terrathyon." Elthas repeated out loud. He waited a few moments before he would ask them for their help. "I am after a certain individual which is why I arrived at Scara Brae." Elthas said. "The man by the name of Welkan Vennard, he is very valuable to me." Elthas was a professional bounty hunter after all, and he had to keep his skill sharp. Elthas could see the energy that flowed off of the bodies of the many people gathered around him. They had potentially powerful halos, and that made Elthas more than a little nervous. They haven't been hostile towards me, yet. Elthas looked at Terrathyon for a long moment, and then to the woman, Herratya. She had introduced herself a little while before they'd arrived at the makeshift gathering area. There were no houses, Elthas noticed that detail right away. It seemed very likely that the trees themselves were used as shelter by those folk.

"His name has touched my ears." Terrathyon said. "The man belonging to clan Vennard does live out here in Brokenthorn Forest. However, his skill has made it impossible for us to approach him. His house is a ways towards the east of here. Elthas, be warned that a powerful ward is guarding his house and we cannot assist you in your hunt. We can, however, prepare you for it." Terrathyon said. Then, Terrathyon looked at Herratya. "Herratya, go, train the boy and ensure that he is capable of defeating our enemy. His enemy is now our enemy."

Herratya nodded dutifully. "My lord." She said to her superior. "The Vennard Clan will not take an infringement upon their sanctuary likely. You know how these Humes are. They will deem it an act of war."

"I am not interested in the entire clan Vennard. I just need to capture the man named Welkan, dead or alive. He is coming with me." Elthas suddenly said. He had a somewhat cold tone in his voice as he spoke. He realized his place as one of their own now, and knew that a wear with clan Vennard and their allies would be likely. "I do not like to spill blood if it can be avoided. Please understand." Elthas said in a somewhat softer voice.

"He is a good man." Terrathyon acknowledged. "Elthas. You will serve us well. But for now, we must make sure your gear is adequate enough for the task at hand, and your power is sufficient. My servant has informed me that you wielded a certain device. Might I see this?" Terrathyon asked.

A device? Elthas thought to himself, then he blinked. Of course, the mute stone! Elthas nodded to them and removed the small cube from his pack. It glowed with a tremendous potential. There were many mysterious elder runic symbols on the surface of the cube. When he held the object, it glowed brightly with stored energy having been recharged since the last use. Elthas showed the elder the mute stone for as long as he needed to examine it.

"A relic from the past. Your tribe has made these for hundreds of years." Terrathyon said carefully. "Each face has symbols upon it, and the symbols will call forth incredible power at the whim of the user. You must unlock the symbols in order to use their stored spells." Terrathyon continued. "My servant can assist you in this process when you are ready to become more powerful." Terrathyon said. "In the meantime, I can assist you with one matter. Approach me, Elthas so that I can help you acquire the power that you seek." Terrathyon said.

"I shall." Elthas said carefully. He walked over towards Terrathyon, without hesitating. For some reason, he felt as though he could trust the entity.

"You bare a rune upon you, son of Belthasar." Then he continued. "This rune is weak still, but will become powerful as you do." Elthas did not yet comprehend what Terrathyon was saying. "I can awaken some power within you currently, and help you mature this rune. Elven runes were born from The Tap, which is the realm of my people. For this, I will need you to remove your upper clothing." Terrathyon said.

As an Elf, Elthas was not shy at all. He nodded and did as he was asked. He had a powerful and lean physique, and his muscles were chiseled. However, his build was more of a swimmer's build, that of a professional athlete. He had broad shoulders, and a broad chest. His body was also heavily scarred from the various battles he'd undertaken. Indeed, Elthas's chest did bare a mark upon it. It was the way his ability to summon the capturing cords worked. He channeled it from within himself using his own Manna to call upon the powerful material. It was an ability unique to the elementals. Elthas looked at the elder as the man approached him and tapped the symbol on his chest.

"That will be the key. When you are ready you will understand." Terrathyon said carefully. "You there." Terrathyon called out towards one of his many subordinates. The elemental obeyed and walked over towards Terrathyon with a sense of respect and duty. "Do you have the object prepared?" Terrathyon asked. It seemed they had been communicating with one another the entire time in that mysterious song speak language.

A moment later, the second elemental produced a gauntlet. It was made of metal, likely simple iron and had leather parts to it as well. The gauntlet had a glow to it. "We have long awaited a suitable ally who would help us with our own trials." Terrathyon said. "Please, take this small gift. It might prove useful to all of us.

Elthas, of course, would not deny such a gift. I wonder what it will be capable of doing, I am certain it is no ordinary gauntlet. Elthas thought to himself as he took the gauntlet in his hands. Examining for a moment, he saw that there were runes also etched on the surfaced of the gauntlet that his eyes could see. Carefully, only hesitating for a moment, he placed the gauntlet on his left hand. It felt surprisingly lightweight against him skin, and it did not weigh him down. Normally, Elthas avoided heavy gear, but this enchanted item seemed like it would be useful. Elthas tied the straps tighter so that there was a good fit and he stretched his fingers a few times. The gauntlet felt good around his hand. He stretched his arm a few times to make certain that he was not weighed down by the item. He wasn't. It would not affect his throwing capacity. Elthas then looked at Terrathyon.

"It is done." Terrathyon said.

"Elder..." Elthas said. "I thank you for this. I will put it to good use." Elthas lifted the glove and moved his fingers about. It felt very lightweight. I must capture him alive, if I can. I only get half the reward if he is dead. Elthas thought to himself in regards to the mission at hand. Once Elthas was ready, he gathered his clothing, put them on, and approached Herratya.

"Do you know where his house is?" Elthas asked.

"I can guide you there if you are ready now." Herratya said. "I cannot join you for the ordeal because of that ward."

"I shall return once this deed is done so we can start our training together." Elthas said. "In the meantime, I must get this job completed. Elthas nodded towards Terrathyon. "Terrathyon." Elthas said. "If a war begins as a result of my capture of this man, I shall fight by your side as an equal." Elthas promised.

"I shall look forward to working with you." Terrathyon said.

Elthas nodded. Then he looked at Herratya. "Let us be on our way." He wore the simple cloak he had as a spare, and wrapped it around his person. Then, he followed Herratya towards Welkan Vennard. And his future.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:16 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    I can't lower my guard, capturing him is the reason I am here. Elthas thought to himself as he moved silently next to his guardian. He didn't have to hold back near her. So he moved at best speed, quickly covering a lot of ground and letting her lead. She took charge of the pair, moving ahead and stopping from time to time only to get her bearings. The warded house was some distance away from the camp of the elementals. As Elthas moved through the trees of Brokenthorn forest, he heard the various calls of the animals all around him. There were birds in their mating seasons that he had never heard before. Some of the sounds were sharp, causing his ears to perk up every time he heard them. Elthas had experience in Ruild, but not Brokenthorn. He had to be certain to follow Herratya at all times, lest he easily get lost.

Despite his nature as a Ruildian, he was learning quickly. Elthas, fiercely intelligent, picked up on the distinct patterns that Brokenthorn had. This tree grew in that area, the other tree grew in the other area. Most importantly, he was learning to identify fungus and other herbs that grew in the forest. They were unique to the region of Scara Brae and Elthas could study them at length later on. I must focus on the mission. Soon, they had covered several yards of distance between the elemental's camp and their current location. Elthas looked at Herratya as she smelled something in the wind. Something that her senses could detect that his couldn't. He sighed.

"We are close. I can smell clan Vennard nearby." Herratya said. "Elthas. You do not have to do this. You can stay and train with us a time before you pursue the son of clan Vennard."

Suddenly, Elthas stopped moving as well and looked at the girl very carefully. "I am afraid I do not have a choice in this matter. I have to get his bounty, or others will. People who are not friendly to your faction." Elthas explained. "It is better that I can get this done now." Elthas saw the expression on her face, an expression of doubt. Elthas sighed. "Is there something you are not telling me about the nature of this ward?" Elthas asked.

"My people cannot approach because of it's very nature." Herratya said. "But it seems to have expanded it's basic strength since the last time I was near here." Herratya added. "I do not think I can approach further."

"Where do I have to go?" Elthas asked. He was trying to make sure he remained focused on the task at hand.

"North from this position." She pointed to the north. Then continued. "You will know you are there, there will be a large house and some activity there. Elthas. He will not be alone at this time."

"I know." Elthas said. "He is an enforcer for the Scara Braean military wing. I doubt he will be unprotected. I must capture him either way, there is a bounty out on him."

"Very well." Herratya said carefully. "Use caution when you approach the house."

Elthas nodded, and dashed forward in the direction that was indicated. As he dashed, he noticed something in the air that he hadn't up until that point. There appeared a new crackling energy pattern he didn't see as intensely up until that point. The pattern was a fierce blue, and symbols would light up against the trees from time to time. The wind itself felt heavy with energy. Elthas's skin crawled from the exposure to such a potent energy. What is this feeling? Could the ward be affecting me to? Elthas wondered, but was able to break through to the clearing after several more feet of running. Once he was in the clearing, Elthas saw a man who fit the description of Welkan Vennard. Approaching, he studied the man's well formed physique. There were several houses in the large clearing, some of them had steam flowing out from the chimney from this or that stove. This is a community. Elthas thought to himself. A damned community of Warders, and Paladins. Elthas walked up to Welkan and stopped a respectful few paces away.

Welkan had light skin, a square jaw, and blue hair. He had a sleeveless shirt that revealed defined arms. Elthas saw glowing runes upon the man's arms, and revealed skin that were probably part of the paladin's power. Elthas immediately felt a serenity flowing from the man. Damn, why did it have to be a man like this? It is clearly his past coming back to haunt him... Elthas thought to himself. Welkan was chopping wood, an axe in his hand. He stopped when Elthas approached and turned slowly to look at the elf. Elthas acknowledged the paladin with some respect, theirs was a lonely road. I cannot allow my emotions to cloud my judgment. I must act swiftly and precisely. Elthas thought to himself.

"You there, Elf. I trust you're not here to help a fellow out with some chores are you? If not, what business have you?" Welkan asked.

"I am afraid to inform you sir. I am not here to work. I am here to turn you in, you are wanted by The Syndicate for debts owed in the past."

Welkan suddenly laughed. "You came here by yourself, Elf?" Welkan asked. "You are either stupid, or quite crazy." Welkan put his axe down and stood up straight, to an impressive height of seven feet. "Either way, I have walked away from my past and built a new life here." Welkan said. "I will not allow a fading remnant of the shadows to destroy everything I have worked so hard to create. You say I owe a debt, but tell me, do you even know what is the nature of the debt you are here to collect?"

"I do." Elthas had memorized the contract's nature before he agreed to take it. His superiors were very careful in explaining why he was being sought after. A debt was a debt, and one owed to The Syndicate was never to be taken likely. Elthas was chosen because of his skill. Elthas closed his eyes, and recalled the nature of the notes on Welkan. "You sought a favour from my superiors long ago. A favour to save a friend. THAT, I can respect. However, even a favour is still a debt. My superiors are closing up loose ends. You can either surrender peacefully, or I take you in kicking and screaming. Either way, you are going to be taken in."

"And to where might that be, Elf?" Welkan asked, his tone suddenly getting much darker.

"The chapter house in Scara Brae." Elthas shrugged. "Where you end up from there, is not my concern. Capturing you is my concern."

"So you're saying you're intent on a fight, huh?" Welkan asked.

"I challenge you to a duel." Elthas said. "You lose, you come with me. You win, I walk away and pretend this never happened." Elthas was deadly serious.

Elthas saw that Welkan was considering the terms of the duel. "No." Welkan suddenly said. "I have a better idea. I call up some of my buddies, and we beat the shit out of you instead."

Humes have no honour. "So that's how you'll play it then?" Elthas asked. His eyes were narrowed as Welkan called several of his fellows that had already gathered at the disturbance.

"It is." Welkan said. "I don't have time for people from the past attempting to ruin my future, or the future of the township I am attempting to build here. Past favours are not debts to be collected." Welkan said casually.

"You think it would be that easy?" Elthas asked. "This is not about the favour, this about the debt you owe. You asked my superiors for the favour, and services were exchanged, the hour has come to pay up."

Four men now accompanied Welkan. Fucking great. Maybe I can dispatch them without spilling needless blood.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:23 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    "Seems you are out of place here, Elf." Welkan said. "My companions are all skilled in the ways of the holy hammer." Welkan continued. "By the light, if you think you are taking me in so easily you are seriously mistaken. I will not go down without a fight." Welkan threatened, drawing a sword from a scabbard that one of his squires gave him. It was an elegant broadsword, several glowing runes going up and down the blade. Welkan pointed his weapon towards Elthas. "Take him." He commanded his men.

Elthas, prepared, drew his daggers and was ready. It seems I will earn an extra commission here. Elthas thought to himself, and danced several steps back. Elthas, quick on his feet, could out maneuver the big brutes that headed his way. Elthas could feel his muscles tighten as he moved, his breath becoming shallow. Time seemed to slow down as he moved at his best ground speed. The first of the paladin squires attacked, but didn't stab at Elthas directly. Instead, a spell was released that was of holy origin. Elthas knew little of magic and had no way of identifying the types of spells being used against him. The first spell came in quickly, it was a blast of holy light generated from the blade of the first squire. Before Elthas knew it, a sensation of burning pain struck the elf hard across his chest. It felt like a brick being slammed against him, burning hot. Elthas felt damaged as he was attacked by the holy light, growling in agony, and clutching at his chest. Both of his daggers in either hand.

The other three squires also prepared their spells, and slammed the elf hard with them. Elthas was getting singed, and fast. He fell down to one knee, growling still and attempting to catch his breath. The first squire walked towards Elthas, preparing his enchanted weapon.

"Do you yield?" The squire asked. It was a plain request, one that not only meant losing...but surrender.

"Not on your life!" Elthas, like a coiled up serpent, struck at the squire. Knife fighters were melee ranged and up close combat fighters. They favoured being able to see the fear in their victim's eyes. I just have to dispatch them. Elthas reminded himself. As he struck, he struck with the blunt end of his weapons, using his superior skill to attempt to knock the squire out. When his weapon struck against the side of the man's skull, Elthas grinned, and saw the welt develop there. Then, he quickly moved against the momentum of the squire and struck with the other dagger. Then he, kept on striking. Never once stopping. He yelled the entire time, and beat the squire to a stupor. I don't have to kill them, but I am not making this easy for them. He was winded.

Elthas knew.

"Argh!" The squire yelled as he landed, knocked out.

The entire time, that occured, the remaining three squires had been launching their holy light spells against Elthas. Elthas, took every hit, not because he needed to, but because he could. They were squires, like he was in his own way, and they were not hitting terribly powerfully. That first holy light spell was the worst, and Elthas took it dead on. The rest only caused a dull numbing pain, even as they did their damage. Moving on the second squire, Elthas knew that they were constantly attacking him. Slowing his movement down with the holy light. It burnt his flesh every time it connected, but Elthas noticed there was a pattern in their attacks, and thus, a weakness that could be exploited. Timing the last interval of their attacks down to a few seconds, Elthas suddenly burst into a run towards the second squire. He needed to use all his speed and agility in order to take the remaining squires down and approach Welkan with some strength remaining.

Each strike of their holy light spells slowed down the elf considerably. However, he had the timing down and he knew one thing: they were afraid of him. Elthas continued his assault, knowing that he could not avoid their spells. I have to take them out whilst being bombarded. Elthas thought to himself, and quickly jumped over a sword attack, and thusly, over the second squire he attacked. He flipped over the body of the squire, and in mid-air extended his leg outward in a powerful kick to the man's mid-back. He connected. The squire fell to the ground, face forward and ate dirt. Elthas landed, and continued to dance even as their spells connected. He knew time was quickly running out. Elthas had no choice. Rotating one of his daggers, he quickly threw it at the second squire's shoulders. It was a dead weight striking the fallen man, knocking him back against the ground. The dagger struck the man's shoulder, but the injury was not lethal. It just added more weight to the man and would make it difficult for him to get back up. This is gonna get messy. Elthas thought to himself even as he moved.

With the world a blur, it was hard to focus on any one event happening around him. Suddenly, a loud explosion rocked the area of the fight. Welkan had joined the battle, a hammer of pure energy receding back into the body of the paladin.

Elthas heard a loud ringing in his ears.

His skull felt like it was going to explode and he felt sick to his stomach.

"That will be quite enough." Welkan called out to Elthas. Elthas could barely hear Welkan anyway. "You have fought bravely but this is now over." Elthas looked up at Welkan as the man approached.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:29 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    The ringing in his ears seemed to get a bit louder until it finally drowned out all natural noises. Elthas felt extremely uncomfortable at that point, for the fist time, he actually felt fear. This might have been a bad idea. His vision blurred slightly as he felt the sick sensation in his stomach. He wanted to puke. I cant seem to focus, and I cannot tell what he has done to me! Elthas thought to himself as his body wavered there, in place and stunned. A numb sensation swelled up and down his spine. He felt his limbs become as dead weights that just hung from his body. His daggers dropped quietly to the ground, his fingers losing their capacity to grip. It was an absolutely terrifying sensation. Spots swirled around before Elthas, and he could have sworn he saw stars. Then, the form of a large object flew towards his face.

There was an extreme sensation of pain, and the darkness settled in as Elthas fell to the ground, knocked out.

When Elthas awoke sometime later, it was to the burning sensation of something sharp sliding across his skin. Elthas screamed. He awoke and with a start, realized that he was bound and could not move. Tight bindings held the elf steady, and he was strapped to some sort of a table. It was a cold, metallic surface against his person. He did not feel the fabric of clothing upon him. He only assumed he was naked. As his vision settled, he looked about and could tell that he was in some kind of torture chamber. Several individuals were around him examining him, poking him with this or that tool of torture. Elthas had a tolerant threshold of pain, but even someone like him, had his breaking point. Elthas growled as he felt something stab particularly deep by his side, and he heard laughter all around. It didn't take a genius to know that Welkan was in the room with them, hiding in the shadow.

"He is strong, I will give him that." Welkan's voice called out from the dark. "But every man has a breaking point. We simply have to prod deeply to find his, that is all." Welkan said. "You there." He called out to one of the torturer. "Use the potions on him. High dose." Welkan was silent after that.

Elthas suddenly felt something penetrate him to his very soul.

His scream was almost inhuman.

Elthas felt a presence in his skull. He wasn't alone in his own body, and that terrified him. They had put something in him, somewhere deep inside where he could not have any control over. Protesting against the bindings, Elthas attempted to shift his body sporadically around. As he shifted his weight, he could feel the bindings tightening around his wrist and ankles. It also felt much hotter in the room. His body was coated with sweat and coagulated blood. With the presence in his head, just beyond the shadows, Elthas had cracked. He'd reached a point in his life where he could no longer fight the battles he had chosen to fight. Feeling helpless, he looked up at the blank stone ceiling. The smell of his own humanity in the room making him want to puke. Welkan spoke again.

"Good." Welkan said. "That dosage is enough to kill an ox. He handled it pretty well all things considered. Next time, double the amount." Welkan said. "I must make an example out of this runt, and whoever sent him."

"My lord." One of the subordinates said in response. "If you increase the dose, it could kill him. Then he'd be of no use to us." There was a tension in the air.

Elthas could taste it along with his fear. He was in too much pain to respond, plus he was gagged anyway.

"He is one of them bastard Elf-folk." Welkan said angrily. "They have a naturally high tolerance to pain. Once, we had an captive Elven thief. Wouldn't talk for months. Took a very potent mixture to finally break his spirit." Welkan said. "I suspect that this guy will be equally strong of will power." Welkan. "We cannot hold back. There is no reason for The Syndicate to track me down here, NOW of all points in my life. I want to know the true reason he is here."

"All right." The interrogator said. "But I strongly recommend showing some degree of caution. If he is a ranking member of The Syndicate, it could be a terrible sign of things to come."

"Your concern is noted." Welkan said. "I have worked too hard to establish this outpost. I don't want some shadowy group, or any group defeating what I have worked so hard to build. We are too close now...." Welkan said in response.

"I understand." The other man responded.

"Remove the gag, I want to talk to him personally whilst the truth serum is in effect." Welkan said.

Elthas breathed a deep breath of relief as he was freed from the mouth restraint. He coughed several times.

"I trust you are extremely uncomfortable, Elf." Welkan said. He moved so that he was standing over Elthas.

"I've felt better..." Elthas admitted.

"This is just the first part of how we will begin to break you down, rebuild you, and send you back to your people in our image." Welkan said.

"Brain washing, is it?" Elthas responded. "I'm good for it, do your worst."

"You have no idea what me and my companions are capable of doing to you." Welkan said. "I can harm you in ways your small mind can only scarcely comprehend. You should never have come here, Bounty Hunter." Welkan said.

"I am just following protocol." Elthas responded. "There is a sizable reward out for your capture, thought I'd test my skill and I find this young, arrogant punk is the target." Elthas started to laugh. "To think, I got caught by filth like you." Elthas suddenly spit at Welkan. "I curse you and your family."

"Spare your threats. You have no place for them here. I just want to know, who is your Syndicate Handler?" Welkan asked.

"That, I can go ahead and reveal to you as you'd never believe me anyway. Theo. Theo sent me." Seeing Welkan's reaction of visible fear brought a smile to Elthas's face.

"Impossible." Welkan said. And took several steps backwards, attempting to keep his balance from the overwhelming fear he felt. "That old bastard is dead! And all his associates. I killed Theo Terrentius, myself. My personal agent, Yosef Terrentius was implemented to take The Terrentius fortune from them."

"Seems you're out of the loop then." Elthas corrected. "I was the one who captured your partner, Yosef, when the scheme was unhatched. That woman, Hylda caught on to your petty schemes and sold your operative to us."

"Hylda!" Terror. Elthas saw genuine terror on the man's face. "How could that have happened?!" Welkan asked. So after months of planning and scheming, the perfect theft had turned into the perfect failure. "Looks like you have won your time after all, Elf." Welkan said. "You are obviously valuable to The Syndicate if they sent you to capture Yosef."

"Actually, I am just a Bounty Hunter. I accept my fate that if you wish to kill me that is in your hands. However, if I go missing...more Agents will come for you. That's how we operate. And believe me, the next agent will not be as easy to dispatch as I have been. So you're left with very little options here, Welkan Vennard." Elthas threatened. "I have come here to, Scara Brae, to close off an old mark. Instead, I have found myself in the middle of a deeper conspiracy. How convenient a stage I have found myself on."

"I must ask." Welkan suddenly said. "Were you alone when you came here, who else is with you!?" Welkan had fear in his voice for the first time.

"I cannot reveal all my secrets to a scumbag like you, now can I?" Elthas taunted. "Listen. If I am gone too long they will send more after you, looking for me. I suggest you let me go."

"Sorry but that will not happen." Welkan responded. "As much as you think you have the upper hand, you are still our prisoner and we will decide what goes when it comes to you." Welkan continued. "Furthermore, I have personally sought ways to protect this plot of land from intruders. We will know if your friends come to rescue you."

"I was able to penetrate that ward you speak of." Elthas said with genuine anger in his voice.

"You got lucky." Welkan said. "I can fortify the shields to ensure that your allies never hear from you again."

Elthas grinned again. "Better hope your shield never fails. There are worse things than my allies out there."

"You are bluffing." Welkan said angrilly.

"Am I?" Elthas said. He continued. "I recently made some friends. They are quite interesting, you see. Gave me a rare gift." Elthas attempted to raise his iron gauntlet. "See the glove? All their doing. They've been able to track me this whole time with that."
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 05:56 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas kept a poker face the entire time. His expression was calm, eyebrows slightly raised. His eyes told the story though, he firmly believed what he was saying was true. I have to make this sound convincing. I need to buy some time if I am still to salvage this debacle. Elthas thought to himself as he took advantage of the moment. He had to keep the pressure on if he was to win the hour. "I'm pretty sure by now they are working around the ward you have around your township as we speak." Elthas knew he was only partially lying. The metallic slab underneath his back felt cold and unforgiving. Elthas knew he was hurt, he could feel fresh blood trickling down his body. Warm. He'd been cut open and that idea did not sit well with him. He is just a thug. I cannot believe Hylda and her associates were so worked up over this nutcase. Hylda...I am unworthy of you...

For the first time since Elthas awoke in the torture chamber, he tuned out what was going on between Welkan and his associates. Closing his eyes, he envisioned the one person next to Seth Terrentius, a leading officer of The Syndicate that he cared about on Althanas. The woman named Hylda Terrentius. Even seeing her face in his thoughts brought about a sense of comfort and warmth in his heart. Before he'd met Hylda, he squandered his days with many female partners, breaking many hearts. He had fallen a victim to his own lust. Hylda, however, had calmed his soul and satiated the devils within. Elthas realized at that point, as long as he thought of Hylda, he could face any trial. His body shook in agony from the wounds that he'd received. His muscles tensed. He felt sore all over, and he just wanted to sleep, and die with his honor intact.

Just as the image of Hylda Terrentius, her long blond locks, and fair skin began to bring about supreme elation, Elthas was rudely awakened. A sharp blade was stabbed through his right shoulder.

"Wake the fuck up, Elf. We are not through with you yet." It was Welkan. He sounded angry. "Some of what you said checked out. It's been fifteen minutes, but shady figures have been reported on the outer areas of the township. Just outside of the ward."

"Better not approach them." Elthas warned. "They should not be underestimated in terms of skill." Elthas managed to say, growling the entire time. The pain from the cold steel dagger was incredible. It had punctured flesh and bone. Elthas felt that the binds that held him in place were removed. He breathed a sigh of relief, as he was forcibly rolled off of the slab.

"Tell me what you know of these intruders." Welkan said suddenly. "It is my duty as a leader of the people in my congregation to protect them. If these entities pose a threat to my congregation, I must know what I am dealing with and you will tell me. Or I will make you suffer horribly." Welkan said. His face was rapidly becoming a mask of insanity and rage. Elthas, did not like where this was heading. But, he would not cooperate.

"You'll have to figure that out on your own." Elthas said calmly. "You are going to be forced to kill me in the end." Elthas added, confident that he could face his fate without fear. His eyes were narrowed and he shivered, feeling the stone floor against his bare feet. "Can I please get some fucking clothing?" Elthas asked.

"Sorry, but you're our bait." Welkan said. "Cover his head." The mad paladin ordered, and a nearby associate took a bag and placed it tightly around Elthas's head, holding Elthas in place. Elthas did not fight back because he knew Welkan could best him from the earlier situation.

A rope was applied to tie his wrists together.

This is turning into a really shitty day. Elthas thought to himself as he was guided outside of whatever building contained the torture chamber. He could see despite the sack around his head, his eyes capable of enhanced infra-red vision. As he focused, he saw several people around him. His own body was still burning with intense pain, the pain coursing up and down his spine making it difficult to walk. He was mostly worried about the dagger that still penetrated his shoulder, they never removed it. Elthas tried walking across the rough dirt, thankfully, the wind was warm. The temperature was equally warm and he would not have to worry about frost bite. Elthas was pushed forward every so often, losing his balance. The third time, he fell. He was forcibly grabbed by his head, and pulled up on his feet.

Elthas cursed.

There were several people around him, he could see their heat signatures everywhere. The heat signatures had auras flaring about them like sun spots, these were likely more paladin squires. He could take those on his own, he needed help with the Vennard son. He was bleeding profusely from several cuts, and other injuries he had sustained. The numbing sensation in his head finally faded away, and the presence was no longer there. Truth serum. That's what it had to have been. Elthas thought as he carefully observed how many people were about. Then, he looked at the ward. It was still mostly intact, and that did not bode well for his allies. However, once they were in range, Elthas could see the elementals gathering just beyond the ward. Elthas counted at least twenty fully armed elementals of the Tap. He could also feel fear from the people around him. Tension was thick in the air as varying bursts of blue and violet. Elthas observed the energy signatures calmly, shaking as he stood. Not of cold, but of blood loss. Then, Welkan approached the elementals. Welkan had a flaring aura about his person. That aura was a paladin's seal.

Elthas wanted to warn his friends, but knew he didn't need to.

He watched as Welkan stopped just inside the shield.

"Who is your leader?" Welkan asked out loud.

"Son of clan Vennard." Elthas heard the familiar voice of Terrathyon, leader of the elementals of the Tap. "My name is Terrathyon. You currently have, in your possession, one of my people's subordinates." Terrathyon said. "Release the one called Elthas Belthasar from your captivity. Failure to do so will be deemed an act of war." Terrathyon said.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:33 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Welkan laughed confidently. "You have no banner, you cannot wage war on my family! If you do so, it would be an act of war against greater Scara Brae. I do believe that the prisoner will be staying with me. Besides, you cannot get past the ward I have placed on this land." Elthas knew what Welkan was doing. It was a trump card, kind of like playing a hand of poker. In the card game, one could count cards and eventually get that rare royal flush hand. Thus, winning the game. Elthas thought that was the hand that Welkan was playing. He thinks he has a royal flush. He doesn't know what he is dealing with here. But if the wards hold up, I don't know if my friends can mount an effective rescue mission. But I doubt they are here just to be my saviors. Hylda, I am sorry I cannot be there with you right now... Elthas found himself sincerely longing for the woman's warm touch. She was a beautiful woman.

He longed for her caress and her kiss. When I get back to Corone, I will be certain to spend a lot of time with her. I know I have to leave my house behind cause of Syndicate jobs from time to time. I hope she can understand that... Elthas worried that he might not make out of the battle alive for the first time at that exact moment. He'd seen Welkan's skill level first-hand, and also...he knew of the ward. The ward and it's full capacity. Elthas knew that his companions couldn't pass so long as the ward was in effect. There was a stale-mate. At least insofar as Elthas could tell. They wouldn't be here unless they had a plan of some sort. Elthas knew that was the case. I just hope that I can capture Welkan alive. The bastard. He's better than me...

Elthas's feet felt uncomfortable against the rough ground beneath him. Sharp pebbles and other materials stabbed at his feet, and he was feeling horribly exposed. The blood trickled down his flesh from the various injuries he'd received. Some blood had already dried against him. Elthas's hair was dripping with cold sweat, and it stuck to his back as well. He couldn't move his hands cause they had bound him. The sack around his head made things difficult for him to actually see what was going on, but he could still see. He was focusing on the heat signature of the various individuals around him. Some he recognized others he did not. Most importantly, a powerful energy field was present. A shining wave of blue energy pulsed up from the ground to attempt to keep the elementals out of the property. Elthas saw the unique energy bodies of Terrathyon and Herratya. He could see the power of their Tap bound bodies. Energy of the elements themselves swirling in cages made of flesh.

Elthas knew they were talking to one another, but he tuned them out. He tuned the whole situation out of his head so he could focus on one positive thing. One moment in time that had given Elthas tremendous joy in his life. That first night he spent with Hylda Terrentius. Elthas was breathing shallow, and his heart was beating rapidly. He knew he was scared, shitless, but that didn't mean he would run away. I must face this with the dignity of any Syndicate member would face it with. Elthas felt discouraged that he had lost to Welkan, the moment still playing itself in his mind over and over. His eyes were shut as he focused on the individuals around him. He was trying to shut out the conversations that they were all having with on another. There was only one sound. Thump, thump, thump... Went Elthas's heart as it beat practically in his skull. He focused on that one sound to help him find the calm in the storm, the eye. If they are here this is about to get really ugly real fast. Elthas thought to himself as he waited for just the right moment to do something.

Suddenly...they acted.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas screamed out loud.

In a way, he had become the catalyst that would be the downfall of clan Vennard.

A burning hot sensation swelled from the iron gauntlet he had acquired, and it began to shake and vibrate. He held his arm in place, but soon, there was a burst of powerful energy radiating from the gauntlet. "What the fuck is happening!?" Elthas cried out, and his muscles twitched and burned against the surge of raw power swelling out from the gauntlet. Like a pin point needle piercing the arm of a child, the binds were ripped apart by Elthas. No. By the iron gauntlet reacting to the energy from within. Elthas had no idea what it was that the elementals had given to him. His mind was reeling from the pain he felt, his body swelling with it. The pain coursed up and down his arm, as he moved it upwards erratically, he clutched at his shoulder. His shoulder almost popped from the tremendous speed that his arm moved upward. It was pulled up in a quick tugging motion by the invisible hands of some advanced puppeteer.

Elthas continued to scream in agony.

An unforeseen force held Elthas aloft, as he screamed the entire time. His hand pointed upwards, towards the sky. The paladin's ward suddenly began to glow vibrantly in protest of a tremendous pressure being placed against it. Another burst of energy flowed out of the hand, and the burst carried with it an Elemental that Elthas had never seen before. Yet, it had the same energy signature of Terrathyon. What the hell, it hid in my fucking glove??!! Elthas thought incredulously as he stared at the manifesting elemental. He watched, they all did, as it summoned a terrible power. It's corporeal body summoning forbidden energies from the Tap. Elthas sat and stared at the sheer awe of what he had just witnessed. I'm fucking glad that they are on my side! Elthas knew, somehow, what was going to happen next. He was a sharp Elf and he adapted quickly to dread situations.

He was still held aloft, the invisible hands holding him in place. Even as the elemental floated towards the wall of the ward. Elthas knew the creature had to have been in tremendous pain inside the ward itself. That's why they accepted me so easily. They used me as a pawn to be rid their enemies. I have to give credit where it's due! Elthas wanted to laugh if not for the fact that his shoulder felt as though it were dislocated. Elthas stood in the uncomfortable position the entire time, without complaint. He simply just took the whole thing. Like a man with a spine would. His eyes observed the events as they occurred behind the veil of the black sack. He could still see, and he took every advantage of the heat vision he had. Spikes of energy passed through the air quickly, he saw the figure of the elemental make a hasty movement towards the ward's surface.

He's striking it! And with a surge of power, one final movement, the powerful ward fell. Shards of broken glass-like energy fell to the ground and vanished into dust like residue. Elthas was finally released from the vice that held him aloft, and he fell down to the ground. Rough. His hands were free from the binds, and he worked quickly to toss the sack that covered his head aside. It was getting difficult to breath that funky and hot air. He tossed the sack aside and grabbed at his throat for a moment breathing clean air. He coughed horridly and did not see Welkan running towards him, sword drawn. On his face, a psychotic expression twisted it. Elthas was vulnerable, and he would have accepted the story ending right then and there. But, his companions had another plan. Herratya, the lightning elemental, launched an arching volley of energy towards Welkan. It struck, and Elthas looked up just as the lightning struck Welkan. Elthas flinched. He thought Welkan, and his opportunity to bring him in, would fail all at once. Elthas saw Welkan stagger for a few paces, and seemed a little dizzy.

"What did you do to me, bitch!?" Welkan called out towards Herratya. Already, the elementals had rushed towards the Vennard estate. Raining down fire and brimstone on everything and everyone. Elthas smiled to himself as he saw that, and stood up. His body was shaking, but he managed to retain his control of it once again. Elthas and Welkan locked eyes at that moment.

"Elthas! He is weakened, take the son of clan Vennard! Now is your chance!" Herratya called out.

It all dawned on him just them. Shit, it was a weakening spell. Some sort of a debuff. I should have known better! That's why Welkan is not dead. Herratya, I owe you big. Elthas thought to himself, and felt his adrenal glands begin to pump the fuel back into his muscles. Even in that sorry state, Elthas could still fight with the best of 'em. He growled like a wolf might, and stared at Welkan. "Look's like you played a bad hand of poker." Elthas said. "What will it be, do you want to give up now, or do I have to beat the crap out of you." Elthas could not remember the last time he was that angry. He knew if he got any angrier, he could potentially kill Welkan with his bare hands. I need him alive. He's no good to me dead. Elthas thought to himself. And gave Welkan a few moments to react.

"Death before dishonor!" Elthas heard Welkan call out, and his squirelings were motivated by that battlecry. He heard the savage roars of the paladins in training, and they were all in the midst of battle. Elthas saw Welkan rush at him, and his eyes narrowed. He knew what was gonna happen next. Shit, he's going to call that damned hammer again! Elthas braced himself for the attack he was certain would come...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:40 PM.

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Welkan focused his power through the sword concentrating on the technique that Paladins were taught.

However, the spell that the woman used on him had done something to him. No matter how he attempted to focus on The Glorious Light, he could not access the pool necessary to summon the more advanced technique that he knew. Welkan closed his eyes, the woman had screwed him over but he did not panic. He needed to remain calm if he was to get his people out of the situation that they were in. I have to deal with the damned Bounty Hunter first. He should be my priority then it's the damned elementals...shit...how can this have gotten so bad. Now the ward is down... Despite shady dealings in the past, Welkan actually cared about his subordinates. He would have to get them all out of there as soon as he took care of that damned Bounty Hunter. Welkan readied his weapon and the spell he would have to fall back on. Damn Elf can take a beating... He knew Elthas was tough. There was no doubt about it, but he was also weakened. It shouldn't be a problem taking him out.

Once he channeled what power he could, he focused using the technique of Paladins. His sword glowed with energy, he launched his will through the sword and sent the righteous fury at Elthas. It was beautiful, every time that Welkan saw the manifestation of The Glorious Light, he felt elation. I have worked too hard to build this town with my own hands. I can't let this asshole take everything away from me...not when I'm so damned close... Welkan fired off a smiting spell in Elthas's general direction, then ran at an angle towards him. He growled the entire time he moved towards The Elf. Welkan felt the wind flow through his hair, but felt heat suddenly against his skin. He could not worry about what that meant, but the temperature was growing gradually hotter. Screams of anguish filled the air and he could smell bloodshed. It made him angry.

A few paces away from Elthas, he timed his next attack pattern. Powerfully, he sent his weapon in an upwards diagonal cut towards Elthas's general direction. He had channeled The Glorious Light through his weapon the best he could. His weapon glowed with the imbued properties of that energy. If I cut him, it will make him suffer...suffer for what he has done today. Welkan could feel anger in the very pit of stomach. He knew that Elthas was his enemy, there was no room for negotiation. As he cut in Elthas's general direction, Welkan kept his eyes locked on The Elf. He kept staring at Elthas, waiting for a reaction of some sort from The Elf. The bastard is fast, I will have to be careful to finish him off while he is weak... As Welkan cut the air with his augmented sword, the energy swirled off of the blade. Following his previous smiting spell, the energy blade moved in Elthas's general direction. Welkan did not understand why Elthas was simply standing there, staring into space...

He did not understand...what any of that meant. Welkan slashed towards Elthas with his skillful technique, when suddenly, The Elf was no longer standing still. It all happened so suddenly that when Welkan blinked, it was already too late. Possum! The son of a bitch has played possum and I walked right into it, shit! Welkan attempted to stop his committed attack but it was already far too late. The Elf was too damned fast. Welkan shifted his body weight in mid attack just in time to...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:41 PM.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Standing there as he was, naked, blood caked his flesh. He did not have the comfort of his equipment to back him up, so he had to rely on his Elven grace and speed. I see it in his eyes, he can't summon his power. He was gonna try to kill me off right away. Herratya, I really owe you big. Elthas knew that the elementals from the Tap did not have to help him at all. I still don't know why Herratya assisted me, they could easily take down the paladin themselves... He would have to find out the why of everything later. Sharp as he was, he immediately realized that Welkan was falling back on weak spells that could be stacked up. Elthas suddenly dashed away from Welkan, the first smiting spell missed completely. Damn that spell, it's cooked me far enough... Elthas thought as he circled around Welkan. Elthas was an Elf, so he was used to maneuvering around bare foot on a forest.

Elthas's movements were like a dance. His legs expertly shifted about, in such a way that the movements almost appeared erratic. Elthas made his way behind Welkan just as Welkan release the second part of his attack. Elthas was glad that he moved. Within striking distance, Elthas readied the only real weapon he had on his person. The metal fist. He pulled back far, just as Welkan realized what had occurred. Elthas was too quick in his reaction time, and made his way forward with the fully committed attack. Elthas's face remained calm but his eyes told all. You're worth too much to me alive. I'm going to collect on you, and make sure that this whole trip was well worth it. Once I turn you in to The Syndicate chapter here in Scara Brae, I can head back home. Elthas thought to himself as he lashed out.

His fist was balled up, and he swung downward towards Welkan's back. Elthas yelled as he swung. He had no idea exactly what the elementals had done to him, and to what extent. Elthas began to count off seconds in his head before his fist actually connected with Welkan... The fist swing lashed out towards Welkan much like a whip might be cracked. It was quick and precise, and filled with a deadly intent. Elthas could only wait as he moved against Welkan, attempting to defeat his nemesis. I have to keep him alive. The thought passed in his mind once more. No capture, no reward... The Elf knew he had to utilize all of his speed and skill to take Welkan down.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:42 PM.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast