Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile

Radasanth Quest

It's a doldrums sort of day that began like any other, so when you come across a peculiar item in your travels, it piques your interest perhaps more than something normally would. As a matter of fact, as much as a living being could with any inanimate object, you feel as if you have a bond with it.

Then, in a happy accident, you discover that it has the ability to magically enhance your appearance and abilities, pushing you toward an idealized version of yourself. You're faster, stronger, more confident. What do you do with this gift? Paint the town red, pursue goals you once thought impossible, or simply save it for a rainy day?

The honeymoon phase ends quickly, however, when its origin reveals itself and your place as a pawn in its grand scheme...

In the spirit of my last open recruitment thread, Child of Darkness (old OOC here), I'm starting a new one! As the last one was (extremely loosely) inspired by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet, this one will also have a theme:

Magical girls! sparklesparkle

Yes, you read that right, and yes, it's going to be amazing. To quell any fears of sailor uniforms and glitter, know that it's also inspired by Watchmen: what if real people became superheroes? What prices would they have to pay? Consider the alienation from humanity which Dr. Manhattan experiences when he becomes truly superhuman, for example. We're going for deep stuff, people.

I'm seeking one or two writers (perhaps more, in cameo-type roles) to participate in a Radasanth-based quest. You must be available to post at least once a week, preferably more. I may or may not end up using Luned. I'm going to look at who's interested and decide based on what character would add the most interesting contrast to the others.

Be aware that I like to plan a fairly tight outline of the thread in advance. That doesn't mean it won't change as things progress and better ideas/tweaks come up, but if you're a "go with the flow" sort of writer, we may not be compatible.

To apply, post here or PM me with the following:

Which character would you use? (It does NOT have to be female! I promise I will keep compulsory miniskirts to a minimum.)

How/why would this kind of story be canonically significant to them? (Preference goes to characters who would have an interesting stake in the conflict, either for their own growth or development of an overarching plot.)

Might as well throw in your availability and a link to a thread you're proud of so I can see what your style is, too. (Don't be thrown off by the ridiculously long posts in Child of Darkness, that's just how the dynamic ended up working with that group –– could end up very different this time!)
    • • • art

Crimson Matriarch
    EXP: 30,051, Level: 7
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next level: 4,949
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next level: 4,949
    GP

Name
    Ruby Winchester
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Red
    Eye Color
    Brown
    Build
    5'11"/139lbs

View Profile
    Which character would you use? Mrs Winchester, that's right, Mrs. No, you can't have me. No, I don't do swinger parties. No, my husband isn't 'out of town', okay?

How/why would this kind of story be canonically significant to them? Ruby has recently been eviscerated, torn from her godhood, and left without direction after the disbanding of the theatre troupe that's been her purpose for over five centuries. Suffice to say, apart from tea time with the Gadolg's across the street, a hell-bent power trip is exactly what she needs to tighten her breeches.

Availability: Whenever I'm not brushing my hair, destroying tyrants in Salvar, and not drinking Shiraz (an increasingly smaller amount of time by the day, alas).

Writing Sample of Note: Levity, Logistics, and Grace...if you can stomach a second, though old, On Drinking Tea With Friends encapsulates Ruby's sisterly side.
    Last edited by Mordelain; 08-14-13 at 06:28 PM.

Wayward Scribe
    EXP: 24,427, Level: 6
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 2,573
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,573
    GP

Name
    Luned Bleddyn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile
    A couple add-ons:

Recruitment will go for at least a week. I'm out of town next week so the starting post is unlikely to happen until at least the 26th, but we'll need that time to plot, anyhow!

I'd like to request that no high level characters apply, simply for how the enhancements and such will work (don't want someone already crazily powered at the start). 5 or 6 is a good cap; Ruby is an excellent candidate, but I wouldn't go much higher than that.
    • • • art

Screw You, Andy.
    EXP: 233,561, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next level: 0
    GP

Name
    Sei Orlouge
    Race
    Mystic
    Hair Color
    Orange
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'11'', 172 lbs
    Job
    Protector of Radasanth.

View Profile
    Have a Sei cameo, maybe. Since no high level characters.....
    2011 Althy winner for Best Comeback, Most Helpful Moderator, and Best IC Odd Couple (With Enigmatic Immortal). 2012 Althie Winner for Mr. Althanas, and best Bromance (also, with Enigmatic Immortal). 2014 Althy Winner Best Battler for Forrals Fortress.

Gisela Open Winner (First Year), Lornius Cooperate Championship 3rd Place Winner (1/2 of 'Don't Blinke!', 2nd year).

(21:41:22) Sulla: If you kill god, Nihilism fills the void, you need the ubermensch to take the place of god. Sei is the ubermensch.

EXP: 5,070, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next level: 3,930
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,930
    GP

Name
    'Ash' John Shelby
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown, but graying
    Eye Color
    Light brown
    Build
    6'0'', 215 lbs
    Job
    The Dungeon Master

Which character would you use? John Shelby, aka 'The Trap Master

How/why would this kind of story be canonically significant to them? John doesn't actually have any magical/supernatural abilities other than his engineering and detective knowledge. Gaining powers would do wonders for his career, regardless of how temporary they were. OOCly, it's a way to get the motivational juices back up for this character.

Might as well throw in your availability and a link to a thread you're proud of so I can see what your style is, too. Availability = I'm almost always available. Sample = Watching You

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Which character would you use? Skie

How/why would this kind of story be canonically significant to them? She's just had any inhuman powers she ever had ripped from her body and is feeling a bit frail, yet thirsty for a method in which she can strike down her brother.

Availability I have a few obligations, but could likely post a couple of times a week.

Sample The Sacrifice
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    I am also interested in this provided you have use for a Bounty Hunter.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Wayward Scribe
    EXP: 24,427, Level: 6
    Level completed: 64%, EXP required for next level: 2,573
    Level completed: 64%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,573
    GP

Name
    Luned Bleddyn
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Chestnut
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5'4"/Average
    Job
    Chronicler

View Profile
    Thank you, everyone! I've chosen Morkotar and Skie for the main participants. Just so you know my reasoning, it boiled down to a few things: they showed the most enthusiasm and offered more fleshed out, meaningful ideas from the get go; I wanted to prioritize people I haven't written with before, if possible; and it makes the most sense for the development of their characters' existing, overarching stories.

I'll be in touch with you two soon with an outline! I'd like to do some brainstorming before we get officially started.

And to everyone else, as the plot comes together, it's very likely that we may need help/cameos from other characters. I'll keep you all in mind for those potential roles.

Thanks again for the applications, I appreciate everyone's interest and effort in applying! : )

Edit: I did say no high level characters, so I want to clarify that Skie is suitable because she no longer has any abilities.
    • • • art

Starslayer and the Mad King
    EXP: 48,726, Level: 9
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,274
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,274
    GP

Name
    Skie dan Sabriel/ Avery Nito
    Race
    Moontae
    Hair Color
    Black/Brown
    Eye Color
    Blue/Green
    Build
    tall and slender

View Profile
    Ha! And Zook said I'd never get anywhere having my characters be weak and pathetic. I SHOWED YOU, ZOOK!
    Sometimes love looks like torture

List of my alts

EXP: 826, Level: 1
    Level completed: 42%, EXP required for next level: 1,174
    Level completed: 42%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,174
    GP

Name
    Aullos Morkotar
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color