Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

To the depths of Mystery.

The vessel was little more than an outfitted cargo ship. The Syndicate had some connections in harbor cities like Jadet and Serenti. The ship was returning from one of many cargo runs to other parts of the world, and sometimes Akashima and Scara Brae. The Northern Ocean, surrounded the vessel as far as the eyes could see. Miles and miles of waves churning were the only landscape that was visible. Overhead, were clouds threatening to bring a storm down on the world below. The vessel was a simple cargo ship built in the standard Jadet design but retro-outfitted for Syndicate purposes. There was a housing quarters for crew members and passengers. The cargo, this time, was a shipment of various resources from Akashima.

Elthas sometimes volunteered for guard duty on the sea-faring vessels as a way to pass the time and get over his fear of the ocean. Admittedly, Elthas was a forest dweller and preferred the trees to a life on the ocean. Currently, he was in his room, feeling the boat rocking every which way as it travelled across the surface of the water. He could never quite get over the sick feeling in his stomach. There were important guests on the ship that time, some were travelling back and forth in between Corone and Akashima. And others were simply allies of The Syndicate.

Elthas found himself laying on his bed on his off shift. It was late in the evening, and he felt sick to his stomach. Despite his own personal sickness, he worked. He always put duty before his own personal affairs. He was THAT dedicated to The Syndicate's way of life. His personal quarters were simply decorated with a painting of Concordia Forest. It depicted a simple hunter Elf, of the wild lands, with a companion bear at his side. The trees were all majestic oaks. Elthas also had a simple oak desk outfitted in his room where he could write letters to and from Syndicate quarters. His bed was a basic bed, nothing too elegant despite Elthas's standing with The Syndicate.

Elthas lay in bed, as he listened to the waves outside of the vessel. They crashed against the vessel, moving the ship across far distances quickly. It seemed a storm was brewing. As he listened, he could hear the voices of various other passengers in their quarters, and a few of the crew off duty. Guards patrolled the ship at all times, in disguise as regular members of the crew. The Syndicate operated in secret. Elthas knew that because he was a ranking officer of The Syndicate's military wing. He stared at the ceiling and felt his stomach churning with every movement the ship made. However, he was getting more and more used to life at the sea. He didn't like it, but he had to adapt to become an effective operative.

There was a knock on his door.

"Enter." Elthas said with a commanding voice. He did not get up from his bed, and door was open.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

EXP: 8,711, Level: 3
    Level completed: 93%, EXP required for next level: 289
    Level completed: 93%,
    EXP required for next level: 289
    GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Sorish wasn't use to riding ships as he normally just walked across the ocean floor. However, he had heard that a ranking officer for an organization was on the ship and if he could convince him that there organization would benefit from an alliance, then the Kingdom of the Northern Seas would have their first connections to the "Kings of Above".

Sorish walked down the swaying halls, workers running all over as the ship rocked. The waves outside had started getting larger. A storm was coming and all loose cargo had to be strapped down. Sorish's small group was hired to keep the guests comfortable as well as to be a walking medicine cabinet. You see a coralian's crown can be used to ease a churning stomach as it thickens the stomach acid making it harder to slosh around. After this was discovered Sorish started selling small chunks of his crown to sailors who get seasick easily. Now that they were headed into a storm everyone was going to need some of his medicine, perfect time to talk to this organization's officer.

Sorish walked up to the man's room and knocked on the oak door and waited a minute before hearing a commanding "Enter." Sorish entered the room with a tray with a small cup of water to make his medicine.

"Good day sir, my name is Sorish and I'm the doctor for this voyage. I heard from the crew that you get seasick on these voyages sometimes and since a storm is on it's way, I thought I'd bring you something to ease your stomach." Sorish put the tray down next to the man before he broke off a small piece of his crown. The piece was blue just like his body with a hint of green in it. It was full of canals that separated and combined together forming a rugged and coarse look to it. Sorish held the piece over the cup and crushed the piece into dust before he opened his hand to pour the dust into the water. He then stirred it before he offered it to the officer. "I hope you don't mind it tasting a little salty since it does come from the sea."
    Last edited by hoytti; 08-21-13 at 11:15 AM.
    Thought
    "Telepathic Communication"
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Carefully, Elthas sat up on his bed and looked at the doctor. He was aware that several non-Syndicate people were present on the vessel. He had to be careful what information he gave to them, and what information he didn't give to them.

The bed was pretty comfortable despite it being a standard bed. It helped the ship mates with their long journeys on the ocean.

As always, Elthas slept skyclad. That is, he slept completely naked. Nobody ever complained about the Elf's unusual habits. Out of respect for the medic, he kept the lower portion of his body covered with his bed sheets. Elthas was a well toned individual, his physique was more of an athlete's physique and wasn't quite as brutish as a heavy warrior's would be. Elthas looked at the medicine that was prepared for him. He'd heard about it a few times before from the other ship crew members. It was a strong concoction and it could relieve an upset stomach in minutes. Elthas was not afraid of a bit of salt in his drink. He knew his mind was always focused on the moment. The doctor had graced him with a gift, and he would not be unkind to the doctor.

"I thank you, doctor." Elthas said calmly. But the discomfort was evident in his voice. "The storm is brewing already." Elthas said plainly. He had enhanced senses and could taste the humidity and moisture of the storm in the air. Elthas looked to make certain his window was covered with the curtains, and he could not see outside. He didn't like storm manipulated sea waves, they disturbed him. "My name is Elthas." He took the medicine and drank of it. It was very salty, and a little bit bitter, but anything was better than puking up that day's lunch. Elthas did his best to drink the medicine in one big gulp. As he drank, he felt a warmth flow down into his stomach. Closing his eyes, he felt the medicine immediately attempt to calm his troubled stomach. After a moment passed, he looked at Sorish carefully. "Potent stuff." He said.

Elthas took several deep breaths and then stood up. He wrapped the one of the bed sheets around his waist so as not to be rude to his guest. He walked over to his desk and picked up the letter he was writing. "This will be delivered to my handler. His name is Theo Terrentius. I remember seeing you more than once. You seem an all right lad." Elthas was referring to the time spent on the ship. He'd seen Sorish healing the sick with his medical knowledge more than once. Elthas suddenly realized his stomach no longer bothered him. He smiled at the doctor. "The medicine did the trick!" Elthas continued. "The letter is to someone I have waiting for me back home."
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 08-21-13 at 11:40 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Sorish smiled at the man. "I'm glad you feel better, I have my assistants taking care of a few others who need this medicine. They to are also coralians so they have the ingredients on them at all times." Sorish then looked at the bed sheet. "I hope you aren't wearing that for my sake. It doesn't really mater to me since that isn't where our reproductive system is." Sorish said as he pointed at the sheet.

"Our reproductive system is up here." Sorish pointed at his crown. "We send the seed out the top of the head where it gets caught in a current to settle in the crowns of the female. That's why the bigger the crown the higher the status in coralian society. We also believe this is why our crowns are great medicine, because our bodies have to protect that area from disease."
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas could not help but chuckle pleasantly.

He quickly found that Sorish was an agreeable fellow. "I'm just being polite." Elthas responded casually. "Give me a few moments and I shall get dressed adequately so that we may talk further. If you could please wait for me outside." He'd listened to Sorish's explanation the entire time without saying a word. Other cultures fascinated Elthas, and he was a hungry student of knowledge. He attempted to learn all he could about Sorish's species, and culture, by the words that were so openly spoken. Elthas would, in turn tell everything to Sorish about his own people. He had a feeling that Sorish and himself weren't that different from one another. That was another matter that made the doctor quite pleasant and agreeable. There was possibility for a friendship there. Elthas had several critical allies, but only one TRUE friend. The woman, Hylda Terrentius. His chosen mate.

Even then, his thoughts were oft on Hylda Terrentius. The smell of her skin, the taste of her mouth. Her soft hair against his skin, the breathing of her lungs and the drum-like beating of her heart. Elthas missed her dearly and he was eager to get back to her in one piece. However, he knew he had sworn an oath to the Syndicate. Such an oath was never taken lightly. Duty always came before personal affairs. Elthas could picture the way Hylda Terrentius looked by heart. He could paint and draw her, probably sculpt her blind folded. He knew every inch of her body, every curve, every inclination. The thoughts of Hylda pushed Elthas to continue forward, to always be his best. He looked as Sorish (Small bunny) stepped out of the room at his request. Elthas got dressed quickly so as not to keep the man waiting. As soon as he got dressed, a loud booming noise came from above. It was thunder made amplified by one of the Thayne's many lightning bolts. The explosive noise of the thunder sounded dreadfully close.

Elthas knew they were in for a bumpy ride.

As soon as he got dressed, he stepped out into the hallway and walked towards Sorish. "I know a place where we can talk in private." Elthas said.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Sorish turned towards Elthas. "More private then your bedroom? Well then again the walls are thin. Lead the way my friend and I shall follow." Sorish said as they both started down the deserted halls. The storm was kicking into full swing and most of the crew was now hunkered down in their cabins with only a few doing their rounds to make sure the cargo was secured tightly before they too headed off to weather the storm.

Elthas lead Sorish down two flights of stairs in a comfortable silence before they reached their destination. The cargo bay. As soon as the doors were shut Sorish put on a business face. "I guess now would be as good as any to tell you why I'm truly here," Sorish said turning to Elthas who was standing next to some crates opposite him as he himself leaned against some crates. "I'm Sorish Mon Larsh, future king of The Coralian Kingdom of the Norther Seas, and I would like to make an Alliance with The Syndicate."
    Last edited by hoytti; 08-29-13 at 10:42 PM.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas concentrated to be certain that they were alone. A few rats skittered in the dark, but they kept their distance. None of the crew members were present in the cargo bay area, it was a large chamber. Elthas listened as the young prince introduced himself and his purpose. Elthas did not interrupt not even once. When he was certain that his companion had finished, Elthas rubbed his chin thoughtfully. What would Seth say? What would Theo say? The two thoughts did come to mind quickly. Elthas could not bluff on this matter, and he could not make such a decision on his own. Theo and Seth Terrentius were two ranking members of The Syndicate operation in Corone. Theo, the more senior officer of the two, oversaw critical matters dealing with the faction. Seth, was his right-hand man, and was also Elthas's handler in the operation. Elthas had more intimate ties with Seth Terrentius, and sometimes disagreed with Theo. The two were fair leaders.

Elthas thought about that for a moment.

"So I see, young prince." Elthas said carefully in response. "At least, I am assuming you are a Prince or some other form of royalty. I do not wish to offend your culture if I am mistaken, please correct me." Elthas said. He continued to rub his chin as he spoke. "I can grant you an audience with the people you need to speak to when we are back on land." Elthas would explain his situation in full. "I am unable to make decisions of such importance on my own. But you will be allowed to speak to the ones who can assist you best." Elthas said carefully. "Also, I would ask that you observe Syndicate procedures and practices, and learn from me and the others on this ship." Elthas had a serious expression on his face. "An allegiance with us is something that would put you at odds with many of our enemies. If you are prepared to carry such a burden, then your request will be considered."

"When you have audience with my leaders, you can bring this matter up to them." Elthas paused for a moment. "The gentlemen you need to speak to are Theo and Seth Terrentius. I know them personally and could put in a direct commendation for you." Elthas knew he had revealed a lot, but it was important that the EXACT procedure was explained. His eyes narrowed as he awaited his friend's response.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Sorish stood there, hand on his chin, back agianst some crates, as he looked down deep in thought. Do I have the time to make this alliance? Also, what of their enemies? would they have the technology or wizard to try to attack us? I need more information and time.

Sorish looked back up at Elthas. "I guess I'll do this in the order it was brought up. First off," Sorish held up one finger, "I'm wasn't born a prince as I am the first King of the Northern Seas. In fact, I am the first Coralian appointed as a king, which is equal to a god." Sorish chuckled to himself before he continued his response. "As for your practices, I will observe and decide by the time we reach land whether the alliance will truly be worth it." Sorish then squinted his eyes to give off an intimidating aura. "As for these enemies, an advantage to living under water is that land dwellers can't easily reach us and even if they do somehow reach us, they are slower under water then we are. However, I would like a list of these enemies and see what we can do." Sorish then stood at his full height to make his figure more intimidating. "Also, we coralians lean how to fight at the age of five and enter the military at 100, retire at 800, and die at 1000. I'm sure we can protect ourselves if the need arises and we will give you sanctuary in our towns and cities if needed." Sorish then leaned back and put on a soft smile that dissipated the tension that had built up during his discussion on the enemies. "I'm mainly looking for an ally that can help us connect to other land dwelling organizations and governments. Though, " Then Sorish's smile grew, "you should know that most Coralians will consider you a god, calling you a 'King of Above'. Just a warning."

After Sorish finished, he waited for Elthas to respond.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas's eyebrow was raised for a brief moment. "A king huh?" He nodded. "Well, it is certainly my privilege to help you out in anyway I can." Elthas felt the tension in the air change while the young king spoke, and that didn't bother him. Nor did the full height and apparent mass of the fellow. What DID bother him was the skill in which he was able to affect the air around him with. THAT deserved looking into. He was curious to see what his new friend was capable of doing. "I will be able to provide a rudimentary list of our current enemies, and a few especially dangerous ones." The Thayne threw their lightning bolts on the ocean below and the churned as the storm outside progressed. Elthas wondered just how safe they were on the vessel. He could feel a tension and a fear on the vessel that wasn't present before the storm struck. He sighed a moment. "If there is anything else you require, feel free to ask."

Elthas stood exactly opposite from his tall friend. To the bounty hunter, the idea of learning more about his friend was too good to pass up. He was a seeker of knowledge, and that was part of his character. It was why he was able to function so well with others, a trait many Syndicate operatives lacked. He had learned much about his friend and what to expect, and then something dawned on him.

"When we are off this vessel, I'd like to see your homeland sometime." Elthas said. "I'm not a very good swimmer, but I am willing to improve my basic swimming skill." Time spent on the ocean usually meant that the seafaring folk had a respect of it. However, Elthas knew he was a fish out of water, so to say. He was a land lover through and through, and preferred Ruild to the ocean any day. The true merit of life on the ocean was learning about the water-bound denizens of the sea. Elthas found himself wanting to know more about Sorish. He hadn't felt that eager to learn in quite some time. Previous moons were filled with many a dangerous Syndicate operation, and he had very little time to pursue his favorite passion: the arts.

He was getting ideas being near Sorish, and for someone like Elthas, ideas were dangerous indeed.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Sorish Mon Larsh
    Race
    Coralian
    Hair Color
    None
    Eye Color
    White
    Build
    8'7" 300lb
    Job
    Adventurer / Historian

View Profile
    Sorish chuckled slightly trying to hide his pain, "You'll need more then basic swimming to get to my people. After all, you need a way to breath while underwater. I have a spell I use to breath outside the water."

Sorish then lost his happy front. "The truth is, I haven't seen my home in 15 years. the last time I saw it was right after delivering the Sea Trees from Isylle. It turns out that we can make a poison out of the tree's thorns to help defeat any enemy we face. It came in handy to when a man attacked my home right after I left Fallien. My parent sent me my newborn sister that day and they headed off to the front lines." Sorish gave a small smile. "They died there while Sanderia and I were safe up here on the surface."

Sorish then looked at Elthas. "I guess I should explain our war time society to you if we're going to be partners. Those over 100 and younger then 800 head off to the battle field. Those older then 20 but less then 100 watch their younger siblings while those over 800 are in charge of strategy." Sorish smiled. "It's a good strategy as those who are under 100 has a chance to produce their own children before they to have to head off to the war. An advantage to living such long lives. But it also means that the majority of us have to go to war. I'm already 45 years old and still have 55 years before I head off to lead any troops into battle."

Sorish chuckled. "That's a lot of time to get rubbed." Sorish leaned there solemn for a few seconds before putting up his serious front. "If you have anything that you need or want to know just ask I'm willing..." Suddenly The bells on the ship started to ring and there was a shout of intruders on the ship. Before either Sorish or Elthas could do anything four figures, approximately 9' tall, ran through the door of the cargo bay and engaged Elthas as they tried to grab Sorish. "Your coming with us Your Majesty," Then two ran away as the other two stayed behind to stop Elthas. "If you wish to speak to the king you must come to Coral Castle," One said as they fought Elthas.
    Last edited by hoytti; 08-31-13 at 02:57 PM.
    Thought
    "Yelling"
    Emphasis
    "Talking"

Theme Song
    "Year of the Reef"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast