Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

[Open] New Streets 2.

(Continued from: Estate and is part of an ongoing series, thanks!!! Looking for one or two partners if anybody is interested.)

Elthas stood by his mother's grave. It was located on the cemetery portion of The Estate, and was well tended. Elthas was informed earlier that his mother, Elyssia Belthasar, was given a Hero's burial. She died attempting to serve The Syndicate and that is what made her death hold so much more meaning. Elthas had initially attempted to rescue her from slavers, but the Elf named Xu murdered Elyssia in front of Elthas. Elthas had been unable to save Elyssia from Xu's wrath. Elthas narrowed his eyes, he was alone in amongst the small lot of Syndicate operative grave markers. He stood in a relaxed position, slouching as he looked down, his hands folded at his lower back. He twirled his fingers nervously and held flowers for his mother. He wasn't sure what her favorite kind was, but most Elves adored flowers of all kind.

He'd already placed the flowers on top of her grave. He stood near the marker, his face held a somber expression.

"I couldn't save you." Elthas found himself saying. "Xu was better than me..." He sighed as he talked to Elyssia's grave marker. "I didn't make it in time, but I promise you. I won't fail again." Elthas looked at the marker for several hours. He felt frustration in his heart, he felt weakness. He knew he was skilled, but he knew there was also room for improvement. Elthas was crying the entire time he stood there, tears flowing freely. He rarely attempted to hide his emotions. Elves didn't have the same emotional make up that Humes held. In a lot of ways, the Elf folk were more honest about what they were feeling. More true and genuine. They came off at times as whimsical and arrogant because of their capacity to show emotion. Elthas was no different despite his training as a Syndicate operative. He wept freely, not making loud noises, but allowing the tears to flow.

His mind went back to the events of the previous mission. His mind constantly moved back to Elder Xu's image. Elthas closed his eyes as he wept and looked at Elder Xu's face. He could practically feel Xu's hot breath on the back of his neck as he stood there thinking about the mad Elf. Xu had nearly completely beaten him in the previous encounter. I cannot underestimate him. He has allies, powerful allies. The mad drew more mad, and attacked those that were not like them. But I also will not fail again. Xu. I am coming for you... He realized what his new mission was, but he also knew it would have to wait. Xu was on the run and Elthas was patient. There will be a time and a place. I will see you again really soon. He knew the task that his mother, Elyssia Belthasar had given him.

She tasked him with rejuvenating the Great Tree of the village he came from. The very essence of his people. Mother, you are asking me to take Xu's place as Elder... He knew inevitably it would come down to that.

Elthas was prepared to undertake that journey when he caught the scent of Hylda Terrentius standing somewhere behind him.

He blinked once or twice and then turned around to face his companion. "Hylda. I am thankful that you guys took care of my mother for me while I was under." Elthas said. "I am always in your debt."

"I am aware, Elthas." She said calmly. "We have a problem." Hylda said carefully. "It is better if you come see this for yourself."

Elthas walked towards Hylda's person quickly covering ground. He made his way across the small lot of grave markers, their marble structures creating a picture of serenity and peace. Elthas took a look back at the small set of graves and nodded in the general direction of it. He paid his due respect to his mother, and to the other fallen of the syndicate. The ground felt somewhat tough underneath his boots as he walked swiftly towards where Hylda guided him. His legs moved as if they followed the path towards The Gate on instinct. He heard the commotion before he saw it. Syndicate people were shouting and cursing at The Gate. Elthas suddenly realized what they were swearing at! His eyes spotted a small group of three of the Elementals of The Tap. They were disguised as beautiful humans, but Elthas knew the power they possessed. Amongst them was Herratia, daughter of the Elder. Elthas looked at Hylda and nodded.

"Get Seth and Theo right away." Elthas said quietly. Then he turned his attention to the unwanted guests. He half expected them to start attacking, but as he pushed his way through the small crowd, Elthas looked directly at Herratia. "Why are you here!?" Elthas asked, the first time he met the wayward Elemental, she had scarred him terribly.

"Elthas." Herratia said calmly. "Peace." The woman said with no hostile actions to follow. "We come as dignitaries requesting a favor."

Elthas knew what the Elementals were capable of doing. He still bore the painful scars of the night that Herratia attempted to kill his chosen mate: Hylda Terrentius. "You seek to ask favors now?" Elthas asked, he approached the three Elementals. "Haven't you done enough?" Elthas asked.

"No, Elthas. This is beyond our personal problems." She looked at him carefully. "You know the one called Xu?"

Elthas felt his stomach tighten. He didn't expect to catch wind of Xu's actions so soon. "I do." Elthas said. "He is my enemy."

"Then we have a common enemy." She said carefully. "You are a bounty hunter are you not? I come offering you work. You will be well paid for your troubles."

Elthas seemed to seriously consider what was being said. "...Go on." He responded.

"There is one that Xu has aligned himself with. An enemy of our people." Herratia looked directly at Elthas. "This man is Wizard that serves N'Jal's fold." She shook her head. "He fancies himself Spider Magi, but in the past few months has developed a boon that our people are aware of." She continued to explain the situation. "The boon has constructed a small cult of followers to the Wizard deep in Ruild." Pausing for a moment, she let it all sink in. "Xu is amongst those followers amongst several of your people."

Corruption reared it's ugly head. "You want ME to stop these people for you?" Elthas asked. His face wore a very serious mask.

"I can make it well worth your time, Elthas." Herratia said. "I am able to pay with more than one set of rewards."

"How much time do I have to think about this?" Elthas asked.

"You don't." She said. "This is a one time offer. Take it or leave it." She said, there was no malice in her voice.

Xu. You bastard, here's my best chance to get even. He straightened himself to his full height. Blue Elven eyes were locked on Herratia. "I accept your offer, but there will be conditions." Elthas explained.

"Fair enough. We have a bit of time to speak on the way to the location in question." Herratia said calmly.

And what started off as a journey for vengeance was destined to become much more than he could ever imagine...
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Due to inactivity, this thread has been moved to the unresolved forum. Please contact an administrator if you wish for this to be re-opened.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."