Eye Color
    Yellow
    Build
    5'11/182
    Job
    Alchemist

View Profile

Nightmares Do Exist

Word has it the one of the most disliked and feared creature to Dark elves has popped a squat near his home town of Alerar. Just outside the mines of Kachuk, the mountains being taken over by a new nest totaling nearly five or six word has it. Nothing lives when these creatures roll through; it’s like a poisonous plague. Where a spinx roaming death follows the towering beasts.

Meanwhile in the outskirts of Alerar
    He sat in the tavern holding the bounty poster. Oddly enough, Salem didn't see a prize reward. It only read dark elves only bring proof to an address. Only it was blank he couldn't see anything. It sounded like a bust but being a newbie or hatchling to his new race this would be a chance to make his mark. Salem rocked in his wooden chair as his brain pushed through several options in his mind. His yellow eyes pierced the paper like he could see through it to the floor.

He knew without help he would not be able to take on more than one or two at a time. Saelm was vexed about this to say in the least. Cringing at the thought of a partner he wanted this to be a solo show. He stood up heading to the large cork board . Sticking his index finger and releasing a brief flame to engulf every piece of paper slowly burning them like a lighter to a cigarette. The slow burn keeping from causing a fire of sorts; Salem made his leave.

The Bartender,"WHAT HELL MAN"

Holding the only paper left in the town outside of Alerar. He looked up at the horizon he grinned with that childlike face and demeanor of a guy about to cause trouble. He was off to make a name and maybe some cool ideas and gold. Heading out way off the beating trail up and down the hills; Salem pushed through the wilds for a shorter route to his desired point. He would find this beast no matter what.

Dark elves would swarm to this beast like flies to meat or smell trash. Salem knew he would need to beat them to the punch. Even though Elves are general evil, rude, and talented artist they respect others of their kind except hatchling.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    It was a coincidence that brought Elthas to the mines of the Kachuk Mountain range.

He sat in the same tavern as Salem, his eyes observing the same scene, his ears hearing the same rumors.

A monstrous creature was spotted nearby in the wild lands surrounding Kachuk.

Elthas spotted many adventure parties, but did not join any. He would work on his own to solve the situation of the creature unless help was offered. As smoke from various herbs swirled in the air of the tavern, Elthas felt right at home with his Drow cousins. Alerar was a prosperous nation that held many technological wonders. Further, there was a lot of work readily available and coin to be made. Most of his folks, the Elves, feared Drow. But Elthas was progress minded and wanted to once again unite the people of The Drow and Elf kind. Elthas saw in this a kind of hope, and that was the true mission at hand.

It was a simple mining contract that lead Elthas and The Trading Company to Alerar in the first place.

One of the Dwarves in this area, one of the clans more appropriately, had a cousin in the Jagged Mountain range of Corone. That clan was large enough to be spread in both Alerar and Corone itself. Elthas had secured the contract for The Trading Company but now there was talk of a monster in the nearby wilderness. That, caught Elthas's interesting. At about the same time, flyers were being posted of the bounty in question. Elthas wandered up towards one of the couriers postings the flyers and got his attention.

"There's a beast in the wilds." The fellow said.

Elthas nodded in response. "Got any adventurers lined up for the job?" Elthas asked. His accent was Radasanthian and thick.

The courier looked up towards Elthas. "You one of them daft Elf folks are you now?"

"Not daft I assure you, but Elf kind yes." The courier was a standard Alerar Hume. Elthas noticed the eyes of his cousin race, The Drow, shifting wearily towards his person. Elthas sighed. "Peace friends, peace." Elthas said calmly. Then he shifted his attention towards the courier. "I'd like to take up the job."

"You would huh?" The courier responded. "You're either very brave or very stupid. My gold is on stupid."

"Look, man." Elthas began. "I'm here to help, if you have a problem with that..."

"No problem at all." The courier said calmly. "All though THEY might have a problem with you." The man motioned towards a group of Drow that surrounded Elthas.

Elthas's muscles immediately tensed up.

"Hey, look Draellen, it's one of those "high" and "mighty" Elf folks." The Drow said of Elthas.

"We're not the ones who got their turf sacked by Xem'Zund though." Another in the party said.

"Look..." Elthas began to defend himself. "I don't want any trouble." Elthas responded. "Also...I'm not from Raiaera anyway."

"Who cares where you're from. Me and the boys been looken to beat up someone like you for a long while now." He took a swig from his alcohol skin and placed it on a nearby table. There were four, armed, looking at Elthas and looking like they wanted blood.

Elthas kept his head cool and adjusted his body weight ever so subtly. He adjusted his hat too which was a constant addition. Elthas was not afraid of the fellows, despite their numbers. Also, he really didn't want to have to fight. "Listen, I would much rather share a drink with you guys then fight. I am not up for bloodying people up when there's a monster on the loose that could use a walloping instead." Elthas said coolly. "I'd much rather have you guys fighting with me then against me anyway. For Alerar and all that nationalistic bullshit."

One of the Drow raised and eyebrow. "Hey. I think he's serious boss. He might be a bit loopy in the head and not realize where he's at."

"Guys. Seriously. I'm offering you lot work, come work with me and there's an honest gold piece to be earned, plus a solid drink." Elthas explained, he was trying really hard to reach the Drow and begin the repairing process caused by many years of inter racial hatred.

"Fuck you, Elf." One of the Drow suddenly said. "Think you're better than us cause you're some pampered son or another thinking gold is gonna save your ass from a beat down!" The Drow said. He motioned for his partners but then something happened.

Elthas was on the move.

The first swing came from a burly fellow and it struck nothing but air.

"Shit he's fast!" One of them yelled.

"Over there, I see him over there!" Then mass confusion.

Elthas sighed as he left the tavern that Salem had just left.

Gonna take the damned job anyway.

Elthas made his way towards the last known location of the monster...he saw Salem making his way through the wilderness up ahead and decided to approach the young Drow.

"Hey!" Elthas greeted Salem with a warm inclination of the head, and a tip of his hat. "You here for the bounty too, kid?" Elthas recognized Salem as a Drow, but he appeared much different than the Drow of Alerar commonly appeared. Perhaps he was of a noble bloodline, or some rare variant. He observed Salem very carefully as he walked along side him. "We should work together for this bounty." Elthas explained. "Heard bad stories about this area from the other miners and such. Better to work as a team out here. We could split the bounty reward." Elthas said honestly. Then he extended his hand towards Salem for the boy to shake. "How about it, wanna travel together?" Elthas asked and waited for the boy's response.

All Elthas wanted was to make a world where Drow and Elves of all kinds could live together in peaceful coexistence.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

EXP: 4,980, Level: 2
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next level: 20
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next level: 20
    GP

Name
    Salem Astraga
    Race
    Dark Elf
    Hair Color
    Blonde
    Eye Color
    Yellow
    Build
    5'11/182
    Job
    Alchemist

View Profile
    Huh Salem had only made it a few feet before he heard the ruckus of others inside the tavern. It was bad enough trouble that he lit the papers on fire. But a fight was a about to break out by the sound of it. He laughed to himself more than out loud. You can never mix a elf in a Drow community, it never goes well. Depending how you looked at it though, Salem found it humorous to say n the least. Turning back to his business it hand he tipped his head to an elderly women showing due respect by law of his kind. It was time to go.

Err, maybe he had spoken to soon just before he had gotten away someone came from the tavern heading toward him and then speaking so of course it was directed to him he supposed. The elf...

So many questions spewed out like a flood. Not even moments later.

Salem couldn't help himself; his grin was long and wide. He even laughed a bit before he spoke,” The name is Salem, what is yours?”. With a nod of his head alongside the grin he would let the elf figure out if that was a yes or not. Salem is pretty friendly and more so being considered a Drow. The kid comment didn’t even disturb Salem. He just said in response to such,” Being young has its perks… Old Man”. Yes he was a smart ass but why not test the waters right? He would not shake his hand. He couldn’t, he hoped the look in his eyes would tell him such but he could not do it in the sight of another Drow, PERIOD.

So anyway if the other was to tag along he would need to explain this creature in depth to what or who may be his companion on this adventure. “Before all else, know your signing your own warrant when we run into other Drow I’ll not stand up for you.” Hard to say but the truth always was as such.

Salem stopped after walking nearly a half a mile this brief stop was when he would need to shead the light of this beastly terroir. “Do not other any reason get bit. There is no cure or magically or other wise that will save you.” Looking to the male still,” Their bite will kill in the matter of minutes”; his face no longer holding his playful and normal sight. He was completely serious at this point. Knowing the older male would either continue or stop and turn back it made no matter for Salem.

For Salem it was not about money of course he needed it but it was about much more than a pay day. He needed this as a right of birth. It was kind of like a unwritten rule of passage. To be excepted by his peers of his people he had to take on and survive the encounter. However; the most important part was winning. He pulled out the piece of map he had taken it with him. Giving it a quick over view he nod of approval. With a quick point of his index finger he looked to the older elf… “This is the last spotted sight, however;” he moved his finger over a half inch or so. “I’m willing to put money on we could find said beastly in this area”.

The mountain has several small rivers that flow down its side but the main happens to run through its center from the springs in its core play a vital role to mining in these parts and he would need to cut off that area before the water became toxic.That could really cause problems for all living in these parts. This disturbed him a bit knowing the others sat back and did nothing. What could he do about such; you can’t do much about that. Why step up when you can just deny such right?
    Last edited by Salem; 02-05-15 at 09:15 PM.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas noticed something about the blonde Drow.

The kid had a sharp tongue, and Elthas didn't mind that one bit. He is willing to at least travel with me, that's a start. Salem spoke about the ground rules of the adventure, and Elthas could only agree either way. He didn't want to start trouble with the boy. Or FOR the boy at that matter. Elthas let the question of introduction linger for a long moment. "My name is Elthas Belthasar." Elthas responded casually. "That's a fairly decent map you got there." Elthas looked at the map Salem had produced. It was a simple parchment scroll. But the ink on the map was fairly detailed and well described. Elthas wondered where Salem had procured such a piece from. Elthas had been living in Alerar for a few months. The current adventure was as deep into the wild lands as he'd ever been. The area around Kachuk mountain range was extremely dangerous.

The paths were rocky and well trodden. Elthas was having a bit of a hard time getting his bearings. All around him were the surrounding Kachuk mountain paths. Granite seemed to stretch for several miles in every direction that was naturally fortified into the mountain range. Elthas took a moment to carefully observe. This area is rich in resources...have to figure out a way to get at it someday...The Dwarves have it lucky... Elthas thought to himself as he walked alongside Salem. "We can go around them would be the optimal idea. If they got a boss in the area we should probably take that creature out first." Elthas suggested. "Then worry about the minions and their plague." Reminds me of Raiaera all over again somehow. Except over there they got Pode and Xem'Zund's remnant forces. Elthas thought to himself. He didn't like the idea of being bit some vampire-like creature. He didn't want to have to turn on Salem, or him turn on Elthas all together. Elthas shook his head. "Just keep your head cool." Elthas said calmly.

Elthas wore a well tailored suit as always. He was always impeccably dressed for the occasion. He always appeared as one of those fancy Corone noblemen, more recently, he mixed Salvarn craftsmanship into his attire. His hat was tipped at a slight angle. As he walked he looked around, instinctively drawing his delyn combat daggers. The daggers were rotated in one swift movement, and he held the blade tips pointing away from the forward position. His eyes narrowed in concentration and he walked in pace with Salem, though he knew he could move much faster than that. "Hey Salem, are the creatures vampires by chance?" Elthas wanted to know what exactly he was dealing with since the job's poster didn't want to give an ELF too many descriptions of local wild life. He'd gathered SOME info from Salem already. Elthas was a man of the wilderness and had come across many mysteries of the world in his day. His face held a serious expression as he walked. There was a foul wind that came in through the mountain carrying with it a putrid scent that Elthas did not like. The whole time, Elthas could not shake the feeling of being watched and it wasn't by Salem's eyes either.

Something else was present...
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!