Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    He caught something, he wasn't sure what but it was something cause there was blood dripping down his dagger.

Then a powerful kick sent the Elf backwards on the ground and rolling.

Elthas immediately felt a welt building up on his chest where Black Shadow kicked him in full force. He landed in a low crouching position, still clutching his elegant dagger. Elthas looked up at Black Shadow who was heavily bleeding. Did I catch him...after all...? Elthas had never been too confident in his own skill level. Consistent losses in The Citadel leagues weighed heavily on his heart and soul, playing with his desire to even continue to fight. But this battle...it was different.

Black Shadow, the man before him, was out to kill Elthas. There was no reasoning, no logic, no motive. It was simply a no-holds barred duel to the death. As Elthas sat there on the ground looking at Black Shadow for a long moment a thought occurred to him. I've been playing by his rules... And something inside of Elthas, deep inside of him snapped. Black Shadow held no honour, so there was no need for Elthas to honour him. Elthas coughed blood quickly from the strong kick to his chest. Then, he gritted his teeth and decided that there was no running away this time. It was do or die time.

Elthas held his dagger in his hand that worked.

Blood freely poured from the arrow that still jutted through his flesh.

Elthas looked at Black Shadow. "You've got my attention now. Whoever you are." Elthas said coldly. He placed the dagger in his hip scabbard for a moment, and did something remarkable. He took his strong hands and broke the shaft of the arrow so that it fell to the ground. After yanking the front part of the shaft out of his shoulder, he could still feel the arrow deep in him, he drew his dagger once more.

Elthas looked at Black Shadow, but notably, there was something in Elthas's eyes that was not there before.

Where previously lurked fear and anguish, and nothing but pain, there was something present there. Something monstrous and dark. Something evil, evil that lurked in the hearts of men. Elthas possessed the eyes of man who had completely lost all grip of sanity. He started to walk towards Black Shadow at that point. "Allow me to return the favour." Elthas said in a cold whisper, barely audible. His face was twisted in a completely wide smile, despite the pain he surely felt. He walked slowly towards Black Shadow, injured as the man was.

Elthas felt his heart beating loudly in his throat.

The expression on his face was that of someone who had completely accepted his fate and intended to take the enemy with him.

And so, Elthas walked slowly towards Black Shadow. About a few inches away from Black Shadow, Elthas suddenly broke into a full speed sprint. He readied his dagger, and then attempted an attack at Black Shadow. The target? Elthas aimed carefully for Black Shadow's stomach and swung with an under handed strike attempt. The blade reflected the moonlight, and there was no more need to hold back.

"Victims. Aren't we all?" Elthas said as he attacked back at the man who stood before him...
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow watched his opponent fall back from his kick, a direct hit against the Elthas' chest. Without thought he readied his weapon, the sword raised just in front of his face. The steel caught the small amount of light in the area. Black Shadow waited, he has always been a more defensive player with the sword, watching his opponent's every move. The pain in his arm was great, almost taking his attention away, but he would not allow it, his eyes would remain on Elthas until this battle was over.

Elthas rose, looking directly into the covered eyes of Black Shadow. He appeared afraid before but now it was different. He wanted Black Shadow dead, and a man driven crazy for blood could be a blessing or could be a curse.

Black Shadow tightened his grip on his sword, ready for any impact that would come his way. He would not fall here, he would not end here. He couldn't. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath in, and then exhaled.

"Daddy!" rang through Black Shadow's head, a voice so familiar to him he would never forget in his lifetime... His daughter, Espoir. It was clear as a bell, ringing in his head. No this was not his imagination, it couldn't be.

Black Shadow's eyes flew open, the dagger being thrust up. No he could not, would not let this be what brought his end. With a swing more powerful than anything he has ever done Black Shadow brought his sword down, aimed not at the dagger itself, but the arms of his opponent.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas had to make every second count.

He saw his opponent swing that damned sword with all of his might...

The man is strong. But I have to gamble here. Still controlling his forward momentum, Elthas decided to take a tremendously huge risk. Elthas knew he was considerably larger than his opponent was, but his foe was much stronger. Instead of allowing Black Shadow the chance to further dictate the outcome of the battle, Elthas committed to a decisive action. He suddenly ran forward at best speed, dagger already buried in Black Shadow, and attempted a counter-tackle to Black Shadow's massive swing.

It was an incredible gamble.

But if the tackle paid off, he would have ideally thrown Black Shadow entirely off balance.

Further, Elthas aimed to push his dagger deeper in Black Shadow as he ran forward. There were no more moments for flowery words, or speeches. It was do or die time. Elthas executed the tackle, and used the dead weight of his injured arm to attempt to balance himself as he dove at Black Shadow. He would try to knock the assassin completely off his feet if his maneuver proved true. He prayed to Lady Y'edda the wild, that his gamble would pay off. If not, Elthas knew he was doomed the longer he prolonged the battle.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow knew at this point that he could not defeat his opponent, the dagger causing immense amounts of blood loss as he was tackled. If he could not win this fight he would certainly not be the only one to die. Black Shadow held onto his sword as him and Elthas hit the ground, a deep thud ringing out around them. his mind raced, thinking about his options. What could he do.

As the pain of the dagger jutting out of his chest grew stronger he began to think back on his daughter, Espoir. He heard her voice as clear as day, only moments ago. She was afraid, she was crying, and she wanted him back. He could smell her hair in that moment, he could see her bright blue eyes. Then tears came to them as she began to cry.

Anger surged through Black Shadow. He had to do something. Black Shadow grabbed his opponent around his back, making sure he could not move. Then with his right arm he moved his sword in for an attack, thrusting it deep into Elthas' back, thought him completely, and into his own body. He spat blood at his enemies face, knowing well that this was his end.

He closed his eyes, thinking about all that he had accomplished in his life, bringing an end to a long war, making a lifelong friend, and saving a little orphan baby and taking her in. He hoped that she would be proud of him.

With one final breath, Black Shadow tightened his grip on his sword and pulled it up his opponents back. His hand released the sword and fell lifelessly to the ground, the air in his lungs expelled, and his life was over.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    The last few moments of the battle became a mad blur, then Elthas was surrounded by the darkness.

He wasn't entirely certain what had happened...

Only that when he came to...he awoke in The Citadel infirmary area. Elthas blinked a few times and growled in pain he was hurt...bad. What in the Tular Plains just happened...? Elthas wondered he saw some pretty nurses and healer folks in the infirmary area. There were many other patients in the chamber getting treated by the gathered workers. Elthas had no idea how much time had passed since the battle with Black Shadow. He only knew that the whole situation had been fucked.

Elthas growled one more time and the nurse working on him placed her hand on his shoulder.

"You were gone from us for a long time Mr. Belthasar." The kind nurse said carefully.

"Was I dead?" He asked.

"Briefly. The man you fought was also nearly lost in the battle. You gave a Haidia of a show." She said with a soft smile.

Elthas blinked a few times and sighed. "Why did it even happen like that...?" He wondered out loud.

"Don't worry about it...sometimes things just happen. But hopefully next time, you won't be caught so off guard." She suggested.

"I don't think there will be a next time after that." Elthas said with pain coursing through his body...

"They all say that after events like that...they all come back. You lot have Warriors in your hearts and souls." She explained. "But either way, Mr. Belthasar...just rest. You're in good hands." She said calmly.

And Elthas sunk his head back int he comfortable pillow...the darkness claimed him once more and he was fast asleep.

~The End~
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Lyre-Bearer
    EXP: 57,929, Level: 10
    Level completed: 36%, EXP required for next level: 7,071
    Level completed: 36%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,071
    GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    faun
    Hair Color
    violet (dyed)
    Eye Color
    grey
    Build
    6ft / 156kg
    Job
    Matriarch (Gilded Lily, Feminist Guild)

View Profile
    Title of Thread: The Forgotten Secrets of Ruild
    No Judgement

Rewards:

Elthas Belthasar receives:
    590 EXP
    90 GP

Black Shadow
    receives:
    770 EXP
    80 GP

Cost of 0 AP.
    "Tol. Mela. Othor." "Versh. Sai. Memnae." Come. Love. Conquer. - Philomel in Tolkein Sindarin, Faunish and Tradespeak

Very grateful winner of 2015 Althies Awards: Friendliest Member, Mrs Althanas, Best IC Rivalry (with Doge), Best Judge and Most Helpful/Friendly Mod and Admin Award of Moderator of the Year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12