Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

The Forgotten Secrets of Ruild. [Closed to Black Shadow]

(Moderator Note: Am using: ~Level 5~ for this battle and pre-Elthas Wraith thingy yeah. Thanks for understanding. Closed to Black Shadow. One slight edit: I'm having Elthas using both arms for this battle hope that's okay.)

The Forest of Ruild (Concordia) was an expanse of various pine and spruce trees.

Some oaks were present as well.

Most of Ruild was explored by that epoch of Althanas's expanding history.

However, there were portions of Ruild that were still uncharted.

It was that section of Ruild, the shadowy depths of it, where Elthas currently found himself.

He wasn't sure what drew him to that place of power...only that something had.

He had a camp erected that was the only tell-tale sign he was there.

The camp was simple really, a crafted fire pit, with logs feeding a camp fire.

There was a cooking spittle that was turning a dead boar, or some other similar wild beast.

The meat was well cooked and would smell delicious to those of the population who fancied themselves carnivores.

Several cooking utensils and other such pottery and tools were present as well.

Elthas was clearly a civilized man who knew the luxuries of civilization and used it's tools to his advantage.

He'd been in the wild lands for several days now.

It was turning into early evening that night in question.

Elthas stood atop the old ruins. The ancient Elves of the time period presumably built it, there were Elvish Hieroglyphs present all over the stone monument. There were also old Elvish statues and totems present. Those were statues of the old pagan deities that the Elves of that time period worshiped. A religion unique to the Elves of Ruild. It was one of the many precursors to The Thayne codex religion. Elthas was a learned man, and was visiting the depths of Ruild to study it's secrets and learn the history of his folks. He was completely and utterly alone, save for the creatures of Ruild's depths.

Elthas was studying a totem of particular interest to him.

It was a depiction of a Lesser Thayne referred to by the old scholars simply as Cool.

Elthas studied the depiction, memorizing the information that was present on the statue itself.

There were glyphs and runes all over the monument statue, and several other Lesser Thaynes depicted near the structure itself. Elthas guessed that the structure was well over a thousand years old. As Elthas studied the statue of Cool, he carefully memorized the visage. The old ruins were a structure created by the Elves of a thousand years ago. There were secrets, information, and power for him there.

Elthas smoked the cannibus herb from an elegant smoking pipe.

It had a mahogany tincture to it.

Embers from the tip of the smoking pipe produced a strong, but very sweet, smelling smoke.

The smoking pipe was tilted at a slight angle.

Elthas stood in a relaxed posture, his shirt completely off.

He was half-naked, but he was certain that would not bother any potential opponent that would arrive.

His pants were simple gentleman's slacks, dark grey in colour.

They were somewhat baggy.

He wore a fancy utility belt, and the buckle had the markings of a fancy B on it.

The b was the Elvish rune for Belthasar in the modern syntax of the clan's name.

It was his family's signet.

Elthas was very defined physically, and his muscles bulged with his movement.

He was not like the traditional Elves of Althanas lore.

His long and pointy ears were ever present, and he had a long mane of silver coloured hair.

The nocturnal breeze carried his hair and swirled gently with the breeze.

Elthas was not certain why he was drawn to the statue of Cool.

He had once forsaken the Thaynehood of his people, but his life had come back around and he'd slowly grown back to accepting the destiny that was placed before him.

He knew the names of the Thayne now, at least the more prominent ones and some of the lesser Thaynes.

Cool had always fascinated him.

Elthas studied the statue of Cool, considering his current place very carefully. His eyes were narrowed as he studied the glyphs and symbols, committing everything to his memory. As he stood there, he considered the situation at hand. He stood where the forefathers of his enigmatic tribe once stood. A long time ago, Elthas had made a choice and had forsaken the old ways. In order to honour the old alliances between Men and Elves. Elthas once saved a man named Seth Terrentius, and his life had changed as a result. He'd never regretted that choice. That choice was what brought him back to face his past. As he studied the statue of Cool, he found himself reflecting on his life. He wasn't sure why at the time, but the past haunted him and made him cling to his current present. And as a indirect result, his future.

Funny...what had happened to the gentle artist that once was a member of The Trading Company?

What had happened to the original days of dreaming of a brighter tomorrow?

As Elthas pondered those matters...

(^Enter here)
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    EXP: 14,804, Level: 5
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 5,196
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,196
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

The shadows of this place suited the dark archer, his clothing blending into the surroundings. The air here was warm and humid, causing the tight cloth of his garments to cling to his skin. Torches illuminated small pockets of the area, darkness consuming the rest. This place sent chill through the spine of any who entered. There was an occasional breeze, adding to the already eerie senses. Statues and carvings were everywhere, spreading out from one center piece.

Black Shadow stepped carefully, not to waken any unwanted creatures. The silence pierced his ears. Something was just not right here. He continued to stalk though the darkness, hoping to escape the terrifying area as soon as possible. A deep breath was almost impossible to obtain as the air was so heavy. Dust from the decaying wildlife filled the air. Out of all his missions, this had to be Shadow's worst.

Where was he anyway, the dark archer did not know, nor did he ever wish to return. He pushed on, hoping to escape this prison soon. It was not long before he noticed a figure, moving among the light of the fires. Black Shadow notched an arrow, ready to attack if need be. Slow movements and careful steps were the key to stealth, that and darkness. He did not want trouble, but if it was to come to a fight, the archer would not hesitate.

His eyes did not come off the figure, watching its every move, waiting for it to make its move. Shadow lost focus of his surroundings for one mere second, a terrible mistake. the sound of a cracking twig rang through the area. Shadow looked own at his feet, growling in his head at what he had just done. When he looked back up, the figure was staring directly at him.

Shoot.
    "The lives of others are more important than my own."
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas was in a near meditative state, smoking the cannibus herb when the loud sound echoed through the grove like clearing.

It was the snapping of a twig, which signaled that he was no longer alone.

Elthas carefully took a pull of the smoking pipe a little moment longer, then placed it on the ground.

He was a careful man, a man of strategy and tactics.

He lowered himself to put the pipe on the ground for a moment, by his gear. Then, he gathered his weapons. They were an enchanted pair of Delyn daggers. His eyes narrowed as he realized that he was not alone. As he realized that, he sprung into action. And at the same time, something made him hesitate. This is The Citadel, I must remember the original reason I am here. He turned towards the statue of Cool one more moment, and then saw where his opponent was. The man was in some sort of a stealth phase, it was difficult to see him. But he could smell the man's sweat.

Elthas's blue eyes studied the location he assumed that the stranger was located.

The snapping of the twig confirmed Elthas's primary suspicion.

He was no longer alone.

Elthas gripped his Delyn daggers very carefully, tightly with both hands.

Rotating the daggers as a matter of habit, the daggers seemed to reflect the moonlight, star light, and the camp fires.

"I know you're there." Elthas said calmly.

He was afraid though, deep down. And that fear would allow him to perhaps survive the encounter with destiny. Elthas activated his Scorpion Sting Stance and donning the attributes of the scorpion. His body even mimicked what a scorpion might fight like, he held his daggers different one arm extended like the length of a scorpion's stinging tail. Elthas carefully crouched down in a half-kneeling position. His body tensed, he wore no armor. The battle would be brutal indeed. Elthas moved towards the position where he heard the twig snap. He had a rough estimate in his head where the twig had snapped, but there was no way to be one hundred percetnt certain. Elthas continued to study the environment around him. The whatever that snapped the twig was out there, and he wasn't certain what it even was. Out here, there are many dangers, remember that. I can't assume it's my Citadel opponent... Elthas thought to himself and moved carefully towards the general sound of the twig snapping.

He'd seen something, but he wasn't sure what that something was.

Could be my mind playing tricks on me... Elthas thought to himself.

Though he'd seen something in Black Shadow's general direction, there was no way he could be certain what that something even was.

His senses were accurate, but he was not trained to discover well stealthed persons.

So, without even realizing what was there, Elthas walked right passed Black Shadow.

He kept himself crouched, daggers at the ready and senses primed.

His face was serious and he studied his environment very carefully for any signs that someone, or, something was there.

The point was, he knew he was not alone.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow froze, hoping what he now knew was a man would miss him. Not one muscle in the archer's body twitched. He controlled his breaths, keeping his stomach from moving. The man moved, taking a stance that Shadow found familiar, but where from he did not know. Two daggers were held in the figure's hands, and he was obviously ready to fight.

Shadow, hoping to evade the attacker, slowly stepped to his side, careful not to snap another twig. He watched his opponent as the man moved towards his previous position. To his luck, the man passed by the Dark Archer, not noticing his movement.

Now is my only chance, Shadow thought, pulling the string of his bow. The darkness seemed to swallow his opponent from view. He knew that if he was to fire his bow now, he would surely miss.

In an attempt to draw the target into the light, Black shadow kicked a rock and watched it roll next to a statue. Take the bait, he said to himself drawing his bowstring again.
    ~Black Shadow~

"I live with the choices I have made. And though I may not be proud of what I have done, the consequences are with me every day."
    ~Black Shadow~

"Your family is still your family, no matter what they do to you. They may make you angry, push you away, or even try to kill you, but in the end, they are still your family."
    ~Black Shadow~

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    A rock skipped off to somewhere behind him.

Elthas immediately turned his attention towards where he heard the click, click clicking sound of the rock.

He also heard something else...but wasn't terribly sure about it.

He heard something that felt like a deep breathing...a breath right across the back of his neck.

He couldn't be entirely certain but he definitely felt as if someone was there.

Elthas eyed the rock that had moved for a long moment, then decided to take a gamble.

Something moved that rock in some way or another... Elthas thought to himself.

Elthas looked at the spot where the rock had settled.

From the distance, he judged that it had come from some position relatively close by to his own.

There's somebody here.... Elthas thought to himself.

He decided he was going to play his stalker's game.

There's no way of knowing what's out here....until it reveals itself...

So he pretended to be caught off guard by the kicked off rock.

He shot a second glance over in the direction that the small rock had landed in.

Then he tensed his muscles up, priming them for any incoming attack in whatever form they might appear.

He was ready to face whatever was hidden there, just beyond his current sensory capacity....
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow waited patiently for his target to come into the light. He held his bowstring tight, ready to fire when the opponent was in view. The darkness that engulfed the area seemed to make everything appear farther away than he expected.

It was but a few seconds before Black Shadow could see the outline of something move, and it moved slowly. Footsteps from the opponent came from the same silhouette, confirming what Black Shadow had thought. Moving behind one of the pillars, out into the open was someone, sword drawn, ready to fight. Black Shadow took a deep breath, and when he saw the chest of the man slowly enter the light his arrow sailed quickly towards its target.

With the new bow that he had very little practice with, Black Shadow watched his arrow go where he did not intend. Instead of piercing the heart and ending the battle before it would begin, the arrow would fly far past the man, possibly giving him a small scratch along his cheek, but nothing more. It disappeared just as quickly as it came into view. There was the sound of a dull thud off in the distance, which came to a surprise to Black Shadow, as such a noise usually meant he had hit some flesh of some sort.

He knew at this point that his opponent would know his position, and in an attempt to get out from sight again, Black shadow moved quickly to his left, circling around the patch of light. A deep groan came again from the direction of his arrow, and suddenly the ground began to shake.

What did I hit?
    ~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    When the ground began to gently quake in protest to the battle...Elthas was slightly off balance.

Despite that...something happened. Elthas noticed a shine out the corner of his eyes and heard a whistle from an arrow head. He moved at the last minute, but there was a sickening ker-thunking sound as the arrow and it's shaft pierced Elthas's flesh. It struck him in the shoulder, not directly in his chest..but relatively impaling his left deltoid region. Further, the force of the impact caused Elthas to immediately and instinctively take a couple of steps backwards. It wasn't enough to knock him on the ground, Elthas was a big man, but it did cause him to loose some ground. The arrow's sharply bladed tip pierced his flesh and dug in deep. Elthas growled at that point. There IS someone out there...I'm being hunted...Thaynes damn it... Elthas grabbed at his shoulder where the arrow had struck. His Elven blood began to pour out from the injury. Elthas looked down towards where he'd been struck and growled again. His left arm was now useless...since the arrow had struck through flesh and bone and tore through tendons and nerves. They almost got me...just a few more inches would have been my heart...DAMN. Elthas thought to himself. He limped off towards his left, trying to get himself together.

I can't see whatever is attacking me...but I know it is out there.

His left arm had grown numb and hung like dead weight. The Elf was built in a very muscular sort of fashion, contrary to most Elves that were built usually lithe and for agility. Elthas was built for strength, and it was a matter that had saved him multiple times in his long life. Elthas's eyes shot around the field around him trying to spot his enemy. Why am I being hunted...? Elthas thought to himself. His shoulder region hurt from where the arrow had pierced him. He grabbed at it for a few moments, but did not attempt to pull it out.

Instead, he decided to leave it in there so that it could be removed later...if he survived the onslaught.

Elthas steadied himself but was feeling the early effects of blood loss. Though the arrow had not pierced any major veins or anything, and had dealt non-lethal damage...the arrow still hurt. Blood was still flowing from the injury. And Elthas was rapidly getting pissed off. Elthas drew his dagger, one of his arms was useless. So all he could do to defend himself was wield one dagger. In the dark, it would be hard to see the color of Elthas's blood. That would be the instant mark revealing that he was an Elf aside from the long and pointy ears. And slender facial features. Elthas carefully stood in place and attempted to concentrate to see with his advanced sensory range. He could not see through advanced stealth...but he could see other things. Like the shine of metal or a glow of armor...he needed to see something, anything... that would reveal whatever was hunting him.

At that point he felt the small ground shake. That's right...we're on hallowed ground still... Elthas's blood had already dripped down to the ground. Perhaps the spilled magical blood was what had caused the reaction of the environment. Forgive me Cool...I just wanted to do the research in peace. Looks like that will not be the case anymore... Elthas thought to himself as he stood in place concentrating. He'd been able to judge a general direction of where the arrow had been fired from. But that was all the clues he had at that point. He would have to really concentrate to target his opponent and get where he needed to be.

The trial had already begun...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 12-19-16 at 11:37 AM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow continued to move silently and quickly as to not be seen or heard. The terrain for what he could tell was flat and there were nothing to trip and fall over. Or so he thought. One step where his foot caught a downed log and a big thud spread across the area, obviously revealing the location of the dark archer.

His hands quickly ran across the ground, searching desperately for his Bladesinger Bow. Every movement of his hand further confirmed that Black Shadow was in fact there, and he began to panic as he could not find it. His eyes, though they could not see well, began to look back and forth, hoping to catch a glint of the metallic bowstrings. Eventually a gold color caught his eye, but to his horror it was not in the dark, but rather in the light, roughly 25 yards from his opponent.

Shoot! Shadow thought as he knew that he had to either go for the bow or pull out his sword. He lacked time to think though, and in a split second decision, Black Shadow got to his feet and charged to his bow, hoping he would make it in time. His hand shot to his sword resting on his side, hoping he would not have to use it. The sword was not his favorite weapon.
    ~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    At that point...

Elthas's eyes saw the shine of several weapons. He narrowed his eyes and saw an item on the ground, a few paces away...that had familiar markings. Elthas had always been knowledgeable of the various factions of Althanas. He knew what Blade Singer markings were...he'd once been a Bard. Elthas's eyes narrowed a bit more as he saw the strange bow on the ground. Elthas growled with anger. The target is aligned to the Blade Singers...or at least was at some point. Why are they attacking me like this...without honour...? Elthas decided at that point to focus.

He knew that battle was imminent and he went to grab one of his delyn daggers. He was only able to grab one of them as he was already handicapped with one arm completely rendered useless. Elthas carefully looked at his dagger and decided a gamble. The target will continue to attempt to snipe me with that bow. I won't allow him to do that... At that point, Elthas jumped forward, trying to focus and fight despite the pain. The pain burned from the point of impact where the arrow still jutted out of his body. He made his way towards the bow, and jumped forward. He did not intend to steal it...he intended to intercept the target. They will attempt to retrieve their weapon. I won't let them. Due to the nature of the opponent's stealth...Elthas could not readily see him without spotting or guessing other elements would come into play.

As he readied his strong dagger...he rotated his weapon and opted to stand in front of the blade singer bow. He suddenly attempted to stab forward...he was purely guessing at that point. If I catch them it will be a big step forward. I will chop them to fucking pieces at that point...

Elthas rotated his dagger and stabbed forward in an attempt to catch his opponent off guard...if it all connected.

All he could do was hope and pray he knicked SOMETHING with his sharp dagger...

~Actions~
    1-Attempted to intercept Black Shadow before he got back to his bow...well hopefully.
    2-Attempted to guess where Black Shadow would attempt to make a grab at his bow with a Wild Dagger slash of sorts.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 12-28-16 at 04:59 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Innocence & Instincts
    GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    black
    Eye Color
    black
    Build
    6'3" / 147lbs
    Job
    N/A

Black Shadow noticed his opponent do exactly what he expected, attempt to reach his bow before he made it. He ripped his sword from its sheath, swinging upwards towards his opponent's weapon. The loud clash of steel against steel rang though the area, echoing throughout the dark, bouncing off the strange stone pillars spread throughout the darkness.

Black Shadow thought his block attempt was successful until the sharp pain of a weapon digging into his shoulder pierced his thoughts. The feel of his scarlet blood dripping down his arm brought a terrible memory back to him, one he did not want to remember.

"Kill him! Kill him now! Kill kill kill!" The voices pierced his ears. "End him! Do it! He doesn't stand a chance!" This moment would change him forever. Black shadow ran, trying to keep from getting hit. His instincts took over as he ran, dodging the slashes of the swords and arrows. One sword made its mark though, slicing across his neck. Blood trickled down his throat...

He tried to scream out of anger, out of pain, but his cut chords would not allow a sound to come from his mouth. His instincts took over at this point, sending him into an almost rampage state. He brought his left hand up, grabbing as his opponent's arm! His leg came up almost at the same time, sent for a kick at this man's chest.
    ~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

~Black Shadow~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast