Thread: [Closed to Mobius/Chapter 4] The Paths we Walk.

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

[Closed to Mobius/Chapter 4] The Paths we Walk.

[Moderator Note: Continued from the events of: Here and is part of an ongoing series.]

And so Elthas searched.

There was a hidden archive of his people and he showed the vault to John Winshire and his allies.

Elthas wasn't entirely certain what he was looking for, he only knew he had to search.

The vault was underground and built into one of the older buildings of the town, seldom used.

Since the old ruins were largely unexplored and in disrepair, much of the old town was a mystery.

But Elthas knew his way by instinct.

In life, he recalled spending time in the vault with his parents and other family members. But what he currently sought might not have ever been there. I cannot shake the dream...it haunts me more than I haunt this place. I have not felled so compelled in a many moons... He thought as he searched through the archive section of the vault. Many of his people's oldest records and tomes still were present. Secrets of a long forgotten age. In truth, Elthas had become the care taker of his people. But he needed something more than a dictated purpose. He wanted a force to drive his destiny, he wanted his existence to have meaning again. However faint his hope was, there were only embers left, he had to believe that there was a purpose for him hidden somewhere in the old tomes. So he searched, reading like a possessed one. He was surprised how much of his linguistics skills he'd retained. The older syntax his people used was not even spoken or remembered any longer. He had no idea how much time had passed since he started the project, since the dreams started. He only knew that he was driven to read and search the old and ancient archive.

He was so absorbed in his reading that he did not notice his friend, the old man, John Winshire present.

"You've been at it for a couple of weeks non-stop." There was no way of knowing how long John had actually been watching Elthas.

But the old wizard was also mysterious in a lot of ways.

"Have you found any clues in the old scrolls?" John asked.

Elthas read the last page he was reading and carefully closed the old tome in his hands. He then slowly turned to his face his friend. "Bits and pieces." It was more like fragments. Elthas regretted that he turned his back on the old teachings of the elders of his life time. "The old prophecies were written in fragments." Entire chunks of prophecies were missing. He wondered if that was how the prophecies worked in the first place? "There are texts devoted to The Great Tree. But very few on the ones we seek." Elthas said carefully. He was somewhat thankful for the fact he no longer had to sleep. He could read the old books for months, and years if need be. "The only clue I have is that dream."

"The one you told me of?" John asked. "I've been doing my own research into those matters as well. I'm certain at some point we will find something." He was attempting to inspire Elthas to keep searching.

I am not so sure...what we might need might not ever have existed. Elthas was running out of options. Though his people had a vast library, whole sections were missing. He was not sure if that was due to looters or other disasters.

My people have already lost so much. Elthas looked at John and he considered the Forest Elves of the current generation. They have changed a lot since my time. Maybe some of them can help me with this, better to have help... Elthas thought to himself. He stared for a long moment and then spoke.

"John. Bring the best scholars of our town currently available. I think I have an idea of how we can decipher the old works much faster." It's not that Elthas was tired, he merely wanted living company to keep his mind occupied. As time passed, he grew more and more detached from the living. "I need some air." Elthas was not sure why he had just that. Only that he had.

John kept his eyes locked on Elthas's person. "Very well." The old man still had his own grace and agreeable manners.

He reminds me of Seth Terrentius. In Elthas's point of view the two fellows had a lot in common and probably would have gotten along.

He followed John Winshire out of the old library, it's secrets still hidden from Elthas's mind.

And only the dream to guide him...

The dream driving him mad.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

EXP: 125, Level: 1
    Level completed: 7%, EXP required for next level: 1,875
    Level completed: 7%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,875
    GP

Name
    Benaires Daichon
    Race
    Daichon/Wolven Brood
    Hair Color
    Gray & Black
    Eye Color
    Onyx Black
    Build
    8'9 3,450 LBS
    Job
    princeb-to-be

Enter Mobius Tepes Gothra III: The Search for Something??? O_O

"Grandpa, wait up please....you are walking entirely TOOO fast for even your little Grand-daughter!!" Echoed out a feminine voice. She stood there on the road, tapping her foot angrily. Mobius Tepes Gothra seemed to be quite excited about entering the town that they had finally found out about. The old man of 134 years then stopped walking in the process, tapping his right fist to his lower back in utter joy though. He had been searching for somewhere to rest with his Grand-daughter for months now, and it was now about to pay off, or so it verily seemed. The dreams that he kept having about a creature that was in this particular town could not be wrong, could they?

Reaching into his leather Satchel to extract an old map made of pure Papyrus, Mobius was to unroll the parchment to begin staring things over.

"Hehehehe.....hot damn...this is IT Cassandra dear; THIS is the place where we will meet this strange person. This old man's dreams might benefit us after all. AND I am quite sure there are a lot of fine wenches in this place who would be more than willing to get at this old man's soft spot, hehehehe you betcha!!"

Cassandra huffed and puffed as she was to walk over to her Elder and take a look at the map with him. She nodded in agreement, pushing her silver hair to the side in protest; she hadn't had a chance to style it in so long without any money.

"And what is in this pouch that keeps jiggling old man? You will NOT let me open it and you will not inform me on the contents either; how am I supposed to get a good education if you are not teaching me anything? I spend most of my time fixing time pieces for you or cleaning up your vomit from all of the drinking with countless women...Honestly Grandpa, you really need to watch over yourself a bit more."

"Watch over myself dear? Oh, you're no fun to an old man dearie. When you get MY age, things are seen in an entirely new perspective you know. We are here to try to find out about my dreams okay....?"

Cassandra then nodded in agreement, pushing her silver hair to the side again, sighing in anger a bit. She would point into the direction in which they were to go, also holding her breasts in pain some. She was only 14, but had the body of 25-year old it seemed.

"My goodness....just how large can these two glands GET Grandfather? I've already gone through my undergarment kits that I custom-made. This is ridiculous!! Why did mother have to pass on before telling me of the stages of Womanhood?" she said, letting forth another sigh in frustration this time. Cassandra only 5 feet and 4 inches tall, but she had the build of some kind of a Warrior-Princess. Her eyes were Seaweed Green and her hair was silver-looking, without a shred of any other color in her scalp. Her Grandfather then stopped walking, placing his hand on both of her breasts, squeezing them gently, which made Cassandra blush, staring away from him doing such an act.

"Hmm....I can't tell the difference youngin!!! You seem pretty healthy to ME.......you BETCHA!!!" he yelled out, giggling some.

"Would you cut that out old man!!!! It's rather embarrassing you know. I don't even stare at them when I shower anymore!! Oh!!! COME ON and let's GO you old fart!!! Get your mind out of the gutter and let us focus on what we came here FOR Grand-father Mobius!!" She exclaimed, driving a fist to the back of his left shoulder, blushing even MORE now.

"A-hem...yes.....YYEESSS!!!! Yes my dear!! We are on our way into town to seek this person from my dreams!!! That's RIGHT young lady...let us GO forth!!! I could use a drink!!" said Mobius, who was checking on his mysterious satchels of metals that jingled loudly. What was IN there that was SO important?

Just then, three older men were to stop them right in the midst of their travels. One of the men seemed older and a bit drunken, while the other two were hefty in size, standing about 6 feet or more in height.

NPC Vagabond 1: "Nice weather we got here old man....eheheheheheheheheh....."

Cassandra immediately took a stance of defense and in front of her Grand father. Mobius closed his eyes and shook his head; these 3 were in the subsequent realms of a beating of their lives when Cassandra got upset. Big breasts or not, one should not let her age take one in for cuteness at all. This young girl meant serious business!!!

"NPC Vagabond 2: "Hey little lady, why not ditch the old Cauldron and get with a real gentleman? We'll treat you like a real woman!!! ehehehehehehheheheh!!!"

Cassandra shook her head as Mobius stood erect, staff held tightly in his left hand. "No thanks; this old Cauldron is the only family that I have and he is my future to becoming a Master of Tao Arts!!! Now to the side with ye, as I have no intention of harming you all unless that is your choice. Please move to the way side and let us pass!!! This is your final warning....."

NPC Vagabond 3: "ello....hey wait a minute ere......old man....old man........I know ooho this is.....that's that sharp cat Mobius Tepes!! Aww crimey....you two shouldn't bother with him mate.....let's think this through carefully now shall we mates?"

The first older man came running towards Cassandra at full speed, aiming to try to grab her. Cassandra's response would be anti-climatic of course!! She slid her left foot outwards into the running direction of this man first, only to shift her body on an angle asymmetrical to the grown adult's moving motion, placing her to the side of him with such speed!! She pushed forth her left hand with an open palm, aiming for the lower right side of the man. The force that she had struck with would send this man reeling to the side and into the lush grass, forcing him to tumble a bit and then stop. He was throwing up blood a bit and screamed in anguish. Is this what Tao Fist was about for this young child?

The Other two men bolted over to their friend's aid, checking on him frantically.

" I think she broke my ribs!!! Get me to a DOCTOR!!!! ARGGHH!!!"

Mobius then patted his grand daughter on the shoulder, signaling for her to remain in her defensive stance and not to move a muscle.

"I don't subscribe to you young whipper-snappers ways of asking young girls out on dates, but she IS my grand daughter....Just hold him still...." said the old man, who reached into his large Satchel to pull out some potions. He ripped the Vagabond leather cloak open to see the redness and the swelling from the striking point from Cassandra's Palm Fist. he was to place some ointment of some kind on it, closing his Seaweed Green Eyes, now taking on a light glow of Aqua Blue. One would hear the broken bones instantly fuse themselves BACK together again, and the swelling immediately was to disappear. The Vagabond stopped yelling, and quieted himself for a few seconds, checking over the wound; it was completely healed!!!

NPC Vagabond 2: "Hey...you...you fixed it!!! How did you.......how did you......." He started out, only to be interrupted by Mobius' laughter. "HEE-HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!! I am the GREAT Mobius Tepes III, repairman of many and teacher of the Tao Arts. You are quite welcome!!"

"Uhm...my name is Nicholas old man...Nicholas Esquire at your service sire...these two morons are Boulder and former prince Shiftie. You can call him Shiftie, but his real name is Archibald. We used to be Vagabonds for hire, but as you see, times have been rough for us. We DO apologize for such rude behavior sir...Uhm...who is the child? She packs a mean punch so-to-speak...."

Cassandra then walked over to the groups, kneeling down to help her Grand father to his feet again, taking his satchel as well.

"Well, what should we do with these Vagabond Grandpa? Should I kill them for you?" She asked, smirking as well. Nicholas backed up immediately...." Aw..hold onn lil missy...hold on ere.....Now we did apologize and mean yas no 'arm sweetie.....Maybe we can help you out with something...." Said Nicholas, as Boulder and Shiftie both nodded in agreement.

"Uhm we DO know these lands pretty well, AND we know the bar keep that is IN this town in all. We used to do inventory for her a long time ago whence we were just knee-high to an egg ere..." Said Boulder, who was now helping Mobius to his feet as well. Mobius could see good intentions within these three.....just BAD influence from outside environments.....

"Tell you what.....my Grand-daughter...is going to be your NEW Master from now on. I am going to teach you all the Tao Arts!! You all WILL become my students for now. And, as a sign of faith....hmm......Nicholas, come here...." Said Mobius, who was reaching into his Satchel to find something jingling.

"Sup there mate? Anything that I can 'elp yas with?"

Mobius was to pull out a smaller satchel with a silver tie on the end of the bag. Inside it was something jingling; metallic at best.

"These little satchels that I carry with me cannot be cut, set aflame or opened. They only open for those that NEED that contents inside. Now, I cannot tell you if there is money in it or even Ingot Castings, but whatever is jingling in there, sounds ALOT like money or even Gold Coins for that matter. I'm going to GIVE you this satchel...and, when you need it, the silver tie on the end will ALLOW for you to untie it and you can remove the contents from this little bag. How you want to interpret the contents is entirely UP to you. Do you understand Nicholas?"

Nicholas shook the little satchel up and down, almost charmed by the sound that it was making.

"Hmm...okay Mobius Sire...I will trust your words then... Well, shall we go into town and buy you a drink then Sire?" He asked, smiling at Cassandra. She shook her head in disbelief; what was her Grand father DOING?

"I've got a bad feeling about this....." She thought to herself, laughing inside though; her Grandfather had a grand scheme of things if she KNEW him overall. These 3 were to come in handy for something, though it had not been revealed as of yet.
    Last edited by princeben07; 04-08-16 at 07:46 AM.
    "Demise Is a Terminal Disease."

"Basking IN the Summer Sun, I greeted the Sea Birds; but then, I entered the Demon's Den."