Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile

The Gripe Thread [Rated Aure]

Warning: This thread is not for the faint of heart or easily offended!

Purpose

This thread is a negative thread. It is a venting thread. It is where you go after a long, shitty day and just hate drop whatever is bugging you. Some people do this on Facebook, but then some optimistic cancer of a person writes a paragraph long comment about how terrible of a person you are and that you shouldn't post negative things because it "kills the mood of their feed". (Eff that guy, right?) You can't tell your boss to fuck off in their face, you can't tell your significant other that the meatloaf tastes like a mud brick (moar salt plz), and you can't use the James Bond features of your used '98 Honda to blow up the guy that cut you off this morning (Oh god, please let this happen one day).

So take it here,
    write it out,
    and...

LET IT GO~ <3

Rules

Rules?! What the fuck?! Really?!

Yes, rules... You are a rowdy bunch and you damn well know it.

Rule Number 1! - No hate bashing on people here. Last thing I want and the rest of us want is a flame war. Remember Eiskalt. Remember the kids that died? You did that. Do you feel good about yourself? Hmm? Yeah, don't do it.

Rule Number 2! - No death threats or suicide threats. Use your big boy words like fuck, fuckin', fucker, fucked, and fucks. No need to illicit murder. Remember Eiskalt? Yeah... I'll bring it up again.

Rule Number 3! - Avoid straight up slander, racism, and other equally ignorant offenses of commonly sensitive subjects. You can be sorta civil... I hope... So, no blows below the belt. Remember Eiskalt and that Lye X Jensen sensual reading? Yeah, I do. Don't do it. I'm still questioning my sexuality... *ahem* Moving on...

Rule Number 4! - Content posted here is subject to be taken down by staff depending on how out of control you numbskulls get. I'm not saying all of your are numbskulls but if you get out of hand, you'll understand the definition of numbskull when the banhammer finds your cranium (that's a fancy word for head, fyi).

Conclusion

Vent here. Get it out. Be silly about it or just blow off steam. Use your "big boy words". Just don't be dumb about it.

Last edited by Lye; 04-28-16 at 09:51 AM.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

Fists of Fury
    EXP: 29,216, Level: 7
    Level completed: 28%, EXP required for next level: 5,784
    Level completed: 28%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,784
    GP

Name
    (Sir) John Albert Cromwell
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sandy blonde, falls around his shoulders barely
    Eye Color
    blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile
    The most tangible aspect of my depression, I think, is that subtle, pervasive feeling that I do not belong. That tugging at the back of my mind that nobody in my social circles really acknowledges me as a person, like the people in the room i’m in would look at me with just a little disdain if it wasn’t impolite to do so. In isolated instances, it wouldn’t be as troubling, but it’s constant presence is troubling a lot of the time. It’s like everybody in the room wants me to leave, but doesn’t want me to leave so much so that they say anything about it, so they just bear with my presence. it’s a difficult feeling to shake. It’s like i’m not somebody that’s respected at all, like the people in a room with me have to endure me until I leave. It’s a difficult feeling to deal with, because the problem blocks the path to the solution. In bestowing upon me this feeling of not belonging, it also causes me to dissociate myself with the people in my social circles, who would be able to help with the problem by validating me as a part of their life by my association with them. It is a difficult thing to overcome. I spend much of my time with my friends feeling like they’d rather be somewhere else, like they’re waiting for me to leave. Even knowing that this is an issue for me, I honestly believe most of the people I spend my time with are just slightly annoyed by me. I would be more comfortable with people strongly disliking me than mild annoyance. It has a kind of unique unpleasantness to it.
    Last edited by redford; 04-28-16 at 02:54 PM.
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

In The Eye of a Hurricane
    EXP: 62,578, Level: 10
    Level completed: 78%, EXP required for next level: 2,422
    Level completed: 78%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,422
    GP

Name
    Vincent Cain (OOC just call me Fred)
    Race
    Earthling
    Hair Color
    Sandy Blonde
    Eye Color
    Saphire
    Build
    six foot four and slim build
    Job
    Badass motherfucker

I ficking hate my job sometimes, like holy shit. I have a boss capable of going off on an ungodly tantrum about how I keep my workspace, but will brush off me breaking something as an innocent fuckup. Everything or anything that happens to the machine is my fault, even if there was no way for me to know or stop it. It wouldn't suck so fucking much if it wasnt for the fact that HE KNOWS hes a jackass so he tries to make up for it by doing these extrordinary acts of kindness that only give you emotional whiplash. If he was just an asshole I could deal with it, but no, I have to sit and play guessing games with him and I ALWAYS LOSE.

My manager is just as bad as the owner, and he's starting to drive me crazy. At first I felt bad because he'd had a stroke, but my sympathy wore out when he started trying to bust my balls. The guy fucks up 700 bucks in material and Im trying to help him and he turns around and does shit to try and get me fired!
    There is a darkness in you. In all of us, probably. Beasts we keep chained. Ordinary men have to keep the chains strong, for if we let the beast loose then society will turn upon us with fiery vengeance. Kings though...well, who is there to turn upon them? So the chains are made of straw. It is the curse of kings, Helikaon, that they can become monsters. And they invariably do.

Rayleigh is pretty chill. ♥

EXP: 128,600, Level: 15
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 6,400
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 6,400
    GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    More pepper than salt.
    Eye Color
    Grey or Blue
    Build
    6'1, 185 lbs
    Job
    Defiler.

View Profile
    I really, really, really fucking hate Roger Goodell. It's not healthy.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Welp, I've lost faith in the continuity of humanity. Our company ordered a truckload of cast iron pipe which goes to our very large contractor. Apparently, the truck hauling the pipe caught fire. The manufacturer, in their infinite wisdom, took the pipe from the wreckage and still shipped it to us. Our receiving department, in their infinite wisdom, accepted it without checking the pipe in. Then, for two days (already three days late on project deadline) they say they cannot receive in the pipe because "they don't have time". So, as a wise move on their part, they received the material in without actually checking condition or quantity. Guess what also was loaded onto a truck and sent to our end user? Guess what also failed in service?

If you guessed brittle cast iron pipe that was subject to high temperature and rapid cooling, you nailed it. Supposedly, the end user kept the melted truck bits on the pipe upon install. Now they're up in arms and threatening to backcharge us for defective pipe.

Which should have never been delivered in the first place! Which should have never been received in the second place! And which should have never been shipped in the third place!!!

The ultimate logic behind all of this: "Metal doesn't burn, so we thought it would be okay."

RIP

I'm done.

And I wish this was just the only problem of logic gone bad. This week has been a test of patience.
    "All mortal men possess the capacity to do evil. Some are simply more capable than others."
    - Anonymous

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    I normally don't like to let people into my personal problems unless you are already in my space, whatever. You know? So here goes.

As you guys know I have been dealing with psychological problems, heavy duty stuff, most of my life. Where has that lead me? To basically a non-existent love life, no dating cause my mom would go bonkers if I even bring up mention of someone I'm into, and like a lot of resentment and feelings of like failure. I personally admit a lot of responsibility for the messed up like MESS my life has become. I think like a lot of it is in my head, that is true, but at the same note I still have free will. I feel like most of us have free will. (Just an opinion of mine, I know) I keep thinking about where am I gonna end up in five, ten, hell, twenty years from now and the picture is looking pretty bleak for me. I'm currently a dependent of my mom and like eventually that won't be there. But hopefully that day is still VERY VERY far away and I won't have to worry about it for a long time. But I know life can be VERY VERY screwed up from firsthand experience. One of the lessons that I've learned is that life is often full of harsh irony. In my case, I'll be stuck taking care of my mom when her time comes when I KNOW for a fact that she hates my guts. (She has told me so. :P ) So to me that's ironic. Cause the person she like at least THINKS she hates the most will end up taking care of her day to day operations when the time comes.

Now me personally...this is probably the most personal post I've ever written in my entire career here on Althanas.

A lot of you guys mean the world to me, some of you cats I don't know too well yet.

But I want you guys to get to know me better.

So I guess here it is.

I'm frustrated at life guys. I don't even tell my therapist about this sort of stuff for desire of not to end up committed. But there have been multiple times where I've felt the urge to jump in front of a speeding train, or go running in traffic or something stupid like that. It's part of my diagnosis, I'm not suicidal by nature, but I do get impulses here and there. A lot of the times I feel like I'm just freaking taking up space. I have no job, no significant other, my mom hates me, and my few IRL friends (The guys here in NY with me) don't make time for me. Again. The thought of feeling like a failure. To think, back in High School when I graduated, I graduated in like the top 100 percentile of my entire graduating class which was pretty impressive accomplishment back then. I was a solid b, sometimes a student. But that's long go. I bombed out of college and will never go back, my crowning achievement was a small internship I landed out of the blue for like a year almost ten years ago. The kicker with me is, when I got diagnosed with my problems, I knew things were just going to go downhill from there. I game most of the time cause that's how I cope. However, to my credit, I do draw and write quite often. So that's something.

For now though, I'm stuck on SSI and, again, my mom hates me.

Then as part of my psychological conditions...I always hallucinate.

Even now. I ALWAYS HALLUCINATE.

The meds helped to a degree but I have begun feeling like the psyche meds are not working and I cannot afford to ask for an increased dose of whatever experimental bullshit they come up with next. But yeah I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything like that everybody has problems. I just want you guys to understand just some of the bullshit I go through. You guys wanna know what's really messed? This year I turn 38 on my bday (May 05th for those of you who don't know) and my BIGGEST, BIGGEST honest to god worry is this.

Tomorrow I'll be sixty (Proverbially speaking) and I will remain forever alone.

I don't want that...but my situation is very complicated so we'll see if it ever improves.

As for the rest of you guys also dealing with problems...take it from me guys.

It will get better.

One day, SOMEHOW there will be a light at the end of the long shitty tunnel we're all crawling out of. (Some of us deeper in than others) So basically, I guess I can close up with a positive message. We all got shit we hang on to, we all got shit we cling to. It's part of what makes us all Human and unique. I just want to say one last thing. When I was a kid I had a nearly life threatening accident. I was rushed to the hospital, a few months old at the time, and nearly died. I guess from then on I was always in between mindsets. Maybe my whole diagnosis stems from that event. I don't even know. Maybe. But what I can say...is that it gets better. Just trust me on that guys and keep going. This may be the single most emotional post I have ever written here on Althanas. And I been here a LONG ASS time. Anyway guys, no matter what tomorrow brings, keep fiting the good fite. There is always hope somewhere around the corner. Anyway guys I'm always here to talk if any of you cats ever need a friend. I think Imma close the note right about here. You guys stay cool and stay awesome. Hopefully this small note will help some of you guys have more insight about me, and people going through the sorts of stuff I'm going through.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Scousers blaming everyone but themselves for Hillsborough. Because, you know, Liverpool fans crushing other Liverpool fans was all the police's fault and not at all to do with any Liverpool fans.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

Deliver Us
    EXP: 69,763, Level: 11
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next level: 7,237
    Level completed: 40%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,237
    GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    6'0", 155lbs
    Job
    "Executor" (Leader) of the Brotherhood

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Elthas_Belthasar View Post
    I normally don't like to let people into my personal problems unless you are already in my space, whatever. You know? So here goes.

As you guys know I have been dealing with psychological problems, heavy duty stuff, most of my life. Where has that lead me? To basically a non-existent love life, no dating cause my mom would go bonkers if I even bring up mention of someone I'm into, and like a lot of resentment and feelings of like failure. I personally admit a lot of responsibility for the messed up like MESS my life has become. I think like a lot of it is in my head, that is true, but at the same note I still have free will. I feel like most of us have free will. (Just an opinion of mine, I know) I keep thinking about where am I gonna end up in five, ten, hell, twenty years from now and the picture is looking pretty bleak for me. I'm currently a dependent of my mom and like eventually that won't be there. But hopefully that day is still VERY VERY far away and I won't have to worry about it for a long time. But I know life can be VERY VERY screwed up from firsthand experience. One of the lessons that I've learned is that life is often full of harsh irony. In my case, I'll be stuck taking care of my mom when her time comes when I KNOW for a fact that she hates my guts. (She has told me so. :P ) So to me that's ironic. Cause the person she like at least THINKS she hates the most will end up taking care of her day to day operations when the time comes.

Now me personally...this is probably the most personal post I've ever written in my entire career here on Althanas.

A lot of you guys mean the world to me, some of you cats I don't know too well yet.

But I want you guys to get to know me better.

So I guess here it is.

I'm frustrated at life guys. I don't even tell my therapist about this sort of stuff for desire of not to end up committed. But there have been multiple times where I've felt the urge to jump in front of a speeding train, or go running in traffic or something stupid like that. It's part of my diagnosis, I'm not suicidal by nature, but I do get impulses here and there. A lot of the times I feel like I'm just freaking taking up space. I have no job, no significant other, my mom hates me, and my few IRL friends (The guys here in NY with me) don't make time for me. Again. The thought of feeling like a failure. To think, back in High School when I graduated, I graduated in like the top 100 percentile of my entire graduating class which was pretty impressive accomplishment back then. I was a solid b, sometimes a student. But that's long go. I bombed out of college and will never go back, my crowning achievement was a small internship I landed out of the blue for like a year almost ten years ago. The kicker with me is, when I got diagnosed with my problems, I knew things were just going to go downhill from there. I game most of the time cause that's how I cope. However, to my credit, I do draw and write quite often. So that's something.

For now though, I'm stuck on SSI and, again, my mom hates me.

Then as part of my psychological conditions...I always hallucinate.

Even now. I ALWAYS HALLUCINATE.

The meds helped to a degree but I have begun feeling like the psyche meds are not working and I cannot afford to ask for an increased dose of whatever experimental bullshit they come up with next. But yeah I'm not feeling sorry for myself or anything like that everybody has problems. I just want you guys to understand just some of the bullshit I go through. You guys wanna know what's really messed? This year I turn 38 on my bday (May 05th for those of you who don't know) and my BIGGEST, BIGGEST honest to god worry is this.

Tomorrow I'll be sixty (Proverbially speaking) and I will remain forever alone.

I don't want that...but my situation is very complicated so we'll see if it ever improves.

As for the rest of you guys also dealing with problems...take it from me guys.

It will get better.

One day, SOMEHOW there will be a light at the end of the long shitty tunnel we're all crawling out of. (Some of us deeper in than others) So basically, I guess I can close up with a positive message. We all got shit we hang on to, we all got shit we cling to. It's part of what makes us all Human and unique. I just want to say one last thing. When I was a kid I had a nearly life threatening accident. I was rushed to the hospital, a few months old at the time, and nearly died. I guess from then on I was always in between mindsets. Maybe my whole diagnosis stems from that event. I don't even know. Maybe. But what I can say...is that it gets better. Just trust me on that guys and keep going. This may be the single most emotional post I have ever written here on Althanas. And I been here a LONG ASS time. Anyway guys, no matter what tomorrow brings, keep fiting the good fite. There is always hope somewhere around the corner. Anyway guys I'm always here to talk if any of you cats ever need a friend. I think Imma close the note right about here. You guys stay cool and stay awesome. Hopefully this small note will help some of you guys have more insight about me, and people going through the sorts of stuff I'm going through.
    If you ever wanna talk mate, i'm here. Skype me up.

Althanas Operations Administrator

"When we were young, was this the dream we had? We're celebrating nothing. We need to find our way back."

EXP: 46,429, Level: 9
    Level completed: 25%, EXP required for next level: 7,571
    Level completed: 25%,
    EXP required for next level: 7,571
    GP

Name
    Tobias Ebericht Stalt
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Gold
    Build
    5'8" 138 lbs.
    Job
    Lost.

View Profile
    I'll bite, just one time.

I don't get angry. Not the way I used to. When I was young, I was filled with rage. I had the kind of rage that put holes in walls, and it wasn't even hot anger. It was the frigid kind. I was fully aware of what I was doing, in total control but I still needed to let it out in the form of distilled violence. I drew the line when I punched a window and it didn't break, and my first thought was "it's not broken. Punch it again." And I did. But when the glass shattered, I woke up. I couldn't do that anymore. I couldn't go through life breaking things to placate my animosity.

That's why I don't share my anger with people. It's why I don't go to anyone when I am upset. That's why, this one time, in this place, I'll let the rampage flow.

People are cunts.

Almost every single one I meet from day to day leaves a bitter aftertaste. Whether it's small as not saying hello, or brazen as being an obtuse cockhead, people feel the absolute need to lack common fucking courtesy. My grandmother, God rest her weary soul, used to tell me that there is explicitly a manner in which you are to treat others. You treat them with respect, and you do them no harm. That doesn't mean you have to give of yourself for their well-being. No one is entitled to anything from you, nor are you entitled to anything of theirs. The only thing you owe them is a smile, a hello, and leaving them in peace. If you can't manage a hello, fuck off. Go through the self checkout instead of making a cashier deal with your sour ass attitude. Don't walk up to the guy stocking milk and cop an attitude when he tells you he's sorry, but the truck hasn't come yet and they're fresh out of the item you're looking for.

No one wants to hear you bitch about how you'll go shop someplace else. You're a douche. Just go do it, scumbag. Don't threaten me with my employer's competition. I don't care about your life, no more than you care about mine. Go file a complaint with management, who are actively paid to deal with this sort of thing. I'm just stocking milk so people like you can have it with your cereal. I'm doing that so I can in turn afford my own milk.

And when I walk into the house after a long day of work, the last thing I want is to be heckled by you, dear mother, about this, that, or the other. If you wanted to play an active role in raising me, it would have been nice to have done that at some time before I turned 27. Maybe before I turned 18, but I'm starting to think I'm asking too much, here. But that's alright. I'll grin and bear the constant degredation because I know it makes you feel better. I know that if I waste the breath to tell you to fuck off, your attitude will just exacerbate exponentially, and I'm not going to be able to relax at all because you're never going to stop pissing and moaning. So no, I won't stop locking my door, and no, I won't turn my headphones down and no, I'm not afraid that they'll make me go deaf. It'd be a whole hell of a lot better than having to listen to the rest of humanity drivel for the remainder of my life.

But I can't be this cynical at such a young age, right?

Fuck off.
    Even a well-lit place can hide salvation
    A map to a one-man maze that never sees the sun
    Where the lost are the heroes
    And the thieves are left to drown

Calm and Cold, and how they became Mithril.

Administrator
    EXP: 63,653, Level: 10
    Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next level: 1,347
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,347
    GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroké
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    175lbs -- 6'
    Job
    Grandmaster Assassin

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Stalt View Post
    I'll bite, just one time.

I don't get angry. Not the way I used to. When I was young, I was filled with rage. I had the kind of rage that put holes in walls, and it wasn't even hot anger. It was the frigid kind. I was fully aware of what I was doing, in total control but I still needed to let it out in the form of distilled violence. I drew the line when I punched a window and it didn't break, and my first thought was "it's not broken. Punch it again." And I did. But when the glass shattered, I woke up. I couldn't do that anymore. I couldn't go through life breaking things to placate my animosity.

That's why I don't share my anger with people. It's why I don't go to anyone when I am upset. That's why, this one time, in this place, I'll let the rampage flow.

People are cunts.

Almost every single one I meet from day to day leaves a bitter aftertaste. Whether it's small as not saying hello, or brazen as being an obtuse cockhead, people feel the absolute need to lack common fucking courtesy. My grandmother, God rest her weary soul, used to tell me that there is explicitly a manner in which you are to treat others. You treat them with respect, and you do them no harm. That doesn't mean you have to give of yourself for their well-being. No one is entitled to anything from you, nor are you entitled to anything of theirs. The only thing you owe them is a smile, a hello, and leaving them in peace. If you can't manage a hello, fuck off. Go through the self checkout instead of making a cashier deal with your sour ass attitude. Don't walk up to the guy stocking milk and cop an attitude when he tells you he's sorry, but the truck hasn't come yet and they're fresh out of the item you're looking for.

No one wants to hear you bitch about how you'll go shop someplace else. You're a douche. Just go do it, scumbag. Don't threaten me with my employer's competition. I don't care about your life, no more than you care about mine. Go file a complaint with management, who are actively paid to deal with this sort of thing. I'm just stocking milk so people like you can have it with your cereal. I'm doing that so I can in turn afford my own milk.

And when I walk into the house after a long day of work, the last thing I want is to be heckled by you, dear mother, about this, that, or the other. If you wanted to play an active role in raising me, it would have been nice to have done that at some time before I turned 27. Maybe before I turned 18, but I'm starting to think I'm asking too much, here. But that's alright. I'll grin and bear the constant degredation because I know it makes you feel better. I know that if I waste the breath to tell you to fuck off, your attitude will just exacerbate exponentially, and I'm not going to be able to relax at all because you're never going to stop pissing and moaning. So no, I won't stop locking my door, and no, I won't turn my headphones down and no, I'm not afraid that they'll make me go deaf. It'd be a whole hell of a lot better than having to listen to the rest of humanity drivel for the remainder of my life.

But I can't be this cynical at such a young age, right?

Fuck off.
    This gets an upvote from me. I identify with this on such a deep and personal level. Well vented, sir.
    - Anonymous

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast