blue
    Build
    7'8", 593lbs
    Job
    Armored brute, mercenary, blacksmith

View Profile

The Half Life of a Wraith

(This one's Pav's)

John lay on a mat, waiting for sleep to come.

For an hour he waited, eyes closed, but the sleep would not take him. Growling, he stood, stepping over a few soldiers, following the fading light of a fire to keep the night patrol warm. He walked to the courtyard and stared up at the stars for a moment, craning his neck to pop it as he took a few steps forward to a table with candles lit. The map on the table displayed the forest around them, extending northwards for but a mile or so before it faded into the Plaguelands, the real problem of Raieria.

The half-giant dragged a metallic hand across his face, staring out at the vaguely-red tinted trees above the courtyard walls. He sighed, noting that progress on the walls was still slow. Granted, there had been no attack tonight, but still.

It would be nice if the men had a good night’s rest for once. The men’s morale was crumbling like these walls, now held only by the steadfast strength and intelligence of John and Shinsou. With the working of the wall during the day, and being kept up by the screams of the undead at night, it was difficult for them to maintain composure. At least the supply crates had come in last week.

But this new information was even more troubling. Vincent sent word of a Lich, gathering power in Eluriand, and he wanted information. Now more awake than asleep, he pulled a chair up, measuring the distance again. Too far to take a platoon, much less an army, even if he had one. And he’d need an army to ensure success. A deep, raspy voice cut through his thoughts.

“You should be asleep, you know,” it said, and John looked up to see the spectral, there-but-not-there form of Elthas Belthasar, one of their newer acquaintances. The fact that he was somewhere between life and death made him invaluable. The undead seemingly had no interest in his ghostly form, and therefore John set him about scouting for threats. He looked back down, standing. The information on this lich was lacking in the extreme.

With any luck, the half-dead elf would be able to help with that.

“How fast are you, Belthasar?”

A chuckle from his translucent subordinate. “Fast enough, Cromwell. Have you need of me?” It was true, too. John had seen the elf in action, and he had been quick even before he had regained his strength. Before, he had barely the strength to keep his form from dissipating into so much ethereal smoke, but now his senses were as sharp or sharper than any of their own, and he could outpace most anybody in their expedition.

John furrowed his brow and pointed at the map, a large star where the Istien University once stood. “A lich gathers power in Eluriand. We need to know where he is, what he is planning, and most importantly,” he looked up at Elthas’ ghostly eyes, “where his phylactery is. His existence threatens our efforts, and we must know how to destroy him when we begin to move.”

He nodded toward the north star. “Find the lich, Belthasar. I must know how to kill him.”
    'nature denied me claws and fangs, so I tore the earth apart, forging them of iron and crafting them of steel'

Althanas' Fitiest Fiter (2015-2016)

got an ingot of titanium
    http://www.althanas.com/world/showth...osed-to-Logan)

EXP: 590, Level: 1
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next level: 1,410
    Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,410
    GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Elthas had many matters on his mind.

The fact that John Cromwell himself sent the wraith on a mission, meant more than words could say.

Elthas respected John Cromwell from their many adventures together, and further, from the time they fought in The Citadel's halls.

Elthas considered the information he'd just learned. It's too early to find out if the Lich in question has any ties to Xem'Zund directly. He or she could be acting on their own. Elthas rubbed his chin for a moment. He left the structure that contained John Cromwell and other soldiers working to correct the harm that Xem'Zund had caused in Raiaera. The effects of the Necromancer's assault on the world itself could still be felt to that day. Elthas considered the situation for a moment and let it sit in his head. John had given him detailed information about Eluriand's current state. It is overrun with the Walkers. The Forsaken...and other horrors.

Elthas knew he worked best by himself.

He saw a Dwarf looking at him, one of the blacksmiths of the small town they were building. John Cromwell was attempting to structure a wall around the plaguelands...a solid plan. But Elthas knew more needed to be done...much more.

Elthas was thinking about his battle with Lichensith that occurred a few years prior.

The battle had left Elthas in a greatly weakened state.

He knew he'd hurt Lichensith though, and that counted more than anything else.

I can hurt him... Elthas thought to himself as he looked at the Dwarf blacksmith. "May I help you?" Elthas asked.

The stout fellow walked towards Elthas, unafraid. "Laddie, you seem troubled."

"An effect Cromwell has on people...more than likely. But I have other matters on my mind as well." Elthas admitted.

"Laddie, you recently had a serious battle with someone or something did you not? I can see the scars from that battle on you." The Dwarf said with no malice in his voice.

"I...John Cromwell found me after that battle. I was hurt and he helped me when I was down. I owe the man a debt more than mere words..." Elthas explained.

"Aye laddie. But remember...you are important to us too. Cromwell is a good fella, trying to take on an impossible task. Remember that, perhaps we're all chasing this fool's errand." The Dwarf rubbed his thick beard. "Whatever job Cromwell has put you on...remember to come back safe and sound laddie. You're important here, you're a part of the bigger plan at hand."

Elthas nodded. "I thank you."

The Dwarf shook the Wraith's hand best he could. "Come back safe okay? There are matters we need to discuss."

Elthas looked off in the direction of Eluriand's remains...yet there was a glowing light visible in that direction.

Elthas readied himself for the journey ahead...
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    ~Day 1~

He could see Eluriand's tallest towers in the very farthest distance of his sight.

Elthas moved across the antifirmanent began his long trek forward.

He did not bother to run at best speed...there would be no need for that.

As Elthas moved, he considered popping open a Gate within Phantaria to shorten the needed time of travel.

Three days... Elthas was a Wraith of his word and he made a promise to John Cromwell that he would deliver on no matter the cost. Elthas was prepared to give his life for John Cromwell's cause. Too oft many good people died for significantly far less worthy causes.

The gray world of the Antifirmanent surrounded Elthas and moved all around like an expanse.

Elthas felt small in the Antifirmanent despite his growing power...

The very same realm had been what saved him during his battle against Lichensith. Elthas was still recovering from the terrible injuries he'd sustained in that battle. Elthas looked about as he moved forward, there were specters around but none of them bothered...or were a bother.

Elthas became as he was when he refused final judgment upon being slain by Yosef Terrentius.

As he moved forward, he realized he preferred the gray landscape of the Antifrmanent to the disgusting red trees of the Red Forest.

In the Antifirmanent, the trees of the Red Forest pulsed with negative energies. Likely a residual effect of Xem'Zund's power. Elthas looked about after he'd covered several hours of moving quickly the first day. Directly in front he saw a figure that was all too familiar to him.

The Jester who seemed to have developed a great interest in Elthas's activities was present directly in front of Elthas.

Elthas spotted the Jester in his fancy attire, and walked towards him slowly.

The Jester stared directly at Elthas and spoke when Elthas was in good range. Directly in front of the Jester. "Do you know why the Humes have sent you out here...?" The Jester asked.

"Doesn't really matter why. I'm just here to repay a debt I owe." Elthas said calmly.

"I watched you battle Lichensith...Elthas...you've grown strong." The Jester said.

"No I have not...Lichensith hurt me very badly in that battle. I'm not strong enough to get things done. I can't even save myself...let alone anybody else." Elthas had not realized that he harbored such a negative emotion in his heart as a direct result of his battle against Lichensith.

"Consider this. You were able to injure a man who is extremely dangerous and powerful." The Jester said.

"Why are you telling me this...?" Elthas needed to know what the Jester wanted.

"Where you are going you are going to make a new enemy there. I am here to warn you." The Jester said.

Elthas considered the information he'd just obtained. "How severe is the lich's power...?" Elthas asked.

"He commands Walkers that are stronger than any type you've seen so far. And other monsters besides." The Jester saw Elthas as an ally, an equal.

Elthas rubbed his chin as he thought about what was being said. "Cromwell didn't tell me all the details. I'm to find the phylactery of the Lich if I am able to."

"That should be a secondary concern." The Jester looked at Elthas the entire time, eyes hidden behind that same porcelain mask. "For now you must concentrate your effort on finding out what the target is up to."

"Can this be done? Does John Cromwell understand what is really happening?" Elthas asked.

"I know you won't abandon a friend in his hour of need. But remember this...the enemy is powerful. You will need to proceed forward with extreme caution." The Jester warned.

Elthas looked at the Jester calmly. Is he an ally...or an enemy. I will never be able to completely tell with him. But the information he's giving me now confirms John's suspicions. Elthas thought to himself. "Our enemy is powerful...and I cannot confront him directly..."

The Jester spoke at that point. "Be weary of John Cromwell. Though it is true he helped you in a time of need...do not trust the man fully. He can be very dangerous when the right buttons are pushed." The Jester said. "My concern is always for you...Elthas."

"I shall heed your warnings. Is there anything else I need to know...?" Elthas asked.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 02-21-17 at 02:22 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    "Just be careful, Elthas, son of Belthasar." The Jester said with an unexpected tone of sincerity.

Elthas nodded. "I will do the best I can." Elthas and The Jester exchanged a friendly handshake at that point and parted ways...

The Antifimanent loomed all around. An empty gray space surrounding The Wraith. His eyes were narrowed as he traveled quickly towards Eluriand...it would take a few days...but he knew he could make it. Once inside Eluriand...it would be a matter of discovering the true nature of the enemy. Elthas considered everything The Jester had told him. I wonder if Cromwell knows how dangerous the enemy we are facing truly is...a prodigy of Xem'Zund...what if there's that? Elthas did not want to fill his head with such negative thoughts so early in the journey.

He moved at moderate speed, trying to conserve his energies for any final confrontation with the enemy.

He did not want to use too much power for the first portion of his journey to...nowhere.

At that point...Elthas heard a sound up ahead.

The Red Forest appeared different in The Antifirmanent. The trees were gnarled and darkened red...glowing with a corrupt energy. The energies of The Forgotten Ones. Elthas moved towards the trees and made his way towards the sound he'd heard...a scream.

Up ahead some paces...he saw a disturbing sight. Several bound creatures were attacking someone. There were three or four of The Bound attacking one helpless individual. Bodies up ahead too...Elthas's mind immediately went into reactive mode. Elthas immediately noticed the female form of the girl being attacked. Without even questioning it...Elthas drew his spectral daggers and ran towards The Bound.

The Bound were horrible and shadowy creatures that dripped darkness everywhere.

They walked on all fours and were targeting the girl.

"Help me!" She called out to Elthas...it was in his nature to help.

Elthas stabbed the first of the bound with his spectral dagger and it immediately dispersed...

Elthas was not strong physically...but he was deadly with his daggers. He moved quickly towards the next of the creatures and started to destroy them one by one. "I will save you!" Elthas called out to the woman without realizing why...the third burned up to ash.

Finally it was just him and the last monster...and the girl.

He saw that she had blue eyes and they were desperate...accepting of a doomed fate.

The Bound moved towards the girl, and Elthas did the second most heroic thing he had ever done. He shoved her out of the way and allowed the creature to clamp down on his arm. It's powerful maw and teeth were able to deeply cut Elthas's spectral body. But Elthas was already reacting. He swung his dagger in an overhead swing and stabbed the creature in the head. The thing bit down on Elthas's arm but it immediately burst into ash.

Elthas gathered his daggers and quickly looked about to see if there were more of The Bound.

The girl looked at Elthas. She walked towards him slowly and examined his arm. "Y-you're hurt." She said.

"I will be fine my lady. It is you I am concerned about." Once Elthas realized they were alone, he relaxed for a few moments...but did not let his guard down. "Why are you out here by yourself...?"

"I wasn't travelling alone until a little while ago." She pointed to the spectral bodies that had burned the ground around them.

"I'm sorry for your loss. This place is dangerous...you should come with me." Elthas suddenly said.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked.

"Because it is the right thing to do." Elthas answered. He sheathed his spectral blades at that point. "I saved someone a long time ago...and now it has become my purpose."

"I don't really understand." She seemed confused at that point.

Elthas stepped forward and placed his hand on her shoulder and comforted her. "Things will be well, I am with you. There is a mission I have to complete and after that I can take you someplace safe." Elthas said to her. John Cromwell will know what to do here...

The girl looked up at Elthas. "Very well, I shall go with you." She was clearly still shaken up.

The two walked alongside one another at that point.

"What are you called?" She asked after about ten minutes of walking in silence.

"...Elthas." He responded. "My name is Elthas."

"I am Catarina." She said to him. "Where are we going?"

"I am heading to Eluriand for something. After that I know of a safe place I can take you and you will not be bothered there." Elthas promised. He was worried he would have to complete his mission alone...having a companion would help pass the time.

"I can get you inside there safely. My family and I were there some time ago." She promised.

"Very good. I will protect you in exchange." Elthas said.

As they walked, they spoke about various matters.

"She must have been very important to you." Catarina said quietly.

Elthas stopped at that point and turned to look at her. "She meant everything...but I failed her."

"You have let your guilt consume you." Catarina explained. "She would be sad that you have become like this...as am I."

Elthas considered what he was hearing. There is something else at play here...but I must protect her... Elthas looked at Catarina. "I do not mean to make you sad. But there are things that must not be forgotten...or never let go." Elthas explained. "She was someone who I cared about...but events happened that prevented us from remaining together. In the end I could not save her."

"But you are here with me now." Catarina said with a sense of urgency.

"...Perhaps." Elthas felt more than a little uncomfortable. But he would honour the old Alliances just as his Father had taught him. Halm Belthasar. "This is not a safe place. Let us just continue to where we need to go."

"Elthas...I am sorry if I crossed." She said calmly.

"You have not." Elthas promised. "The job I have to do is completely important...and I wish to get it done. There are people depending on me." Elthas explained.

"When we get to Eluriand, I will show you a secret way in." She said with a soft smile.

"Very well." Elthas responded.

The Jester paced back and fourth as The Bound suddenly arrived at his location.

"Did he take the bait?" The Jester asked of his warriors.

One of them handed The Jester a small document.

"Good." The Jester said after reading the letter. "There is work to be done my children. Come with me." The Jester took his leave and The Bound that Elthas defeated earlier followed him...
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-08-17 at 12:45 PM.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    ~Day 2~

Travelling with a companion made the trip go a lot faster than it normally would have.

Elthas and Catarina spoke about many things and became fast friends. There were no more altercations on the way to Eluriand that second day. It was spent with the two on the move, making sure they stayed off any of the major roads. The Antifirmanent had it's own dangers and threats. Elthas sincerely did not want to encounter The Walkers for as long as he could avoid them. Can The Walkers curse affect me in this state I currently am in? I don't know...I'd rather not find out. Elthas thought to himself and stopped for a moment.

"Is something wrong, Elthas?" Catarina asked.

Elthas was looked around, he thought he'd heard a sound. But most importantly...the trees around this part of The Red Forest were even more twisted than before. Something didn't sit well with him about the red trees. In The Antifirmanent they were black and glowing with energy. In this depth of The Red Forest the glow about them was more potent. Elthas felt a cold chill from examining the trees. He could hear something in the wind that sounded like a hushed whisper, but he wasn't entirely certain what was causing it. He shook his head.

"Do you hear that?" Elthas had to know.

"I hear just the wind." Catarina said with a frown.

It is probably my senses... Elthas considered that, his senses were more acute than most folks. "Whatever you do...don't touch the trees. I have a very bad feeling about that. I think we will be safe as long as we avoid the trees."

Catarina nodded. "I'll be careful."

They were still pretty far from Eluriand but he could see it getting bigger in the distance.

I made the smart choice travelling across The Antifirmanent. Wait...there is a Gate up ahead. Elthas saw a Phantaria Gate manifesting up ahead a few paces. "Look Catarina, those Gates will save us some time...should we go for it?" Elthas asked.

"I've seen those Gates before. What are they?" She asked.

"They take you anywhere you want to go. They are part of another land called Phantaria..." Elthas explained. "We should take The Gate, follow me." Elthas explained as they walked towards the thing.

The Gate loomed ahead. It had various eldritch symbols upon it's surface. The symbols moved periodically with their own magics...
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    ~Day 3~

He growled in agony, as if awoken from a long and bad dream.

I was dead...? He wondered to himself as he got up off the ground. He didn't recall the previous moments, only that he'd been asleep in The Red Forest. He did recall the man named John Cromwell. The urgent mission that Elthas was sent on.

Do I go back and report a failure of a mission to John? Elthas finally stood up and rubbed the dirt off his fancy clothing. I don't know what just happened...I must have been blacked out for some time. Eluriand was a few hours away at that point...it was getting dark that day.

My hat... Elthas picked up his fedora and placed it firmly on his head...where it belonged. Elthas looked around and saw the trees of the Red Forest, Pode's taint still lingered. As well as the residual power present from Xem'Zund's remaining followers. Elthas felt pain at that point and it woke him completely from whatever stupor he was previously in. Eluriand lurked ahead...a few hours out. I have to find the source of our enemy's power...learn what I can... He thought to himself.

Elthas wanted to smoke bad at that point, but he fought the urge to do so.

I'm too far in enemy territory...did John do that to me on purpose...? No...I knew the risks going into this mission. John is not to blame. We need answers. Elthas thought to himself as he looked carefully around. There's something wrong...there are no Walkers present. He didn't like that thought at all. Normally that deep into the plague lands, there would be Walkers everywhere. I have to be as careful as possible to avoid them... Elthas proceeded to dash forward at best speed.

He'd been travelling for some time now...

How long has it been? Hours, days...centuries? Elthas wondered. Time flowed different for the immortal folk. His eyes were narrowed as he ran forward trying to cover the distance between himself and Eluriand.

And soon...he was upon the broken walls of Eluriand.

A shattered, broken husk of what it was once before.

Elthas's heart ached for the ancestral home of The High Elves. Though he was a Forest Elf, he was still an Elf of some sort. The blood of the ancients flowed through his body. I have to find another way in... He could see the front gates of Eluriand, open and beckoning for him. It's too quiet...I don't like this at all. He dashed through the shrubbery and bushes, making his way through the red foliage.

He bounded Westward around Eluriand trying to find a better way into the city itself. There are so many towers...which one belongs to the target...? Elthas had to wonder...he wished he had help or at least someone to accompany him. That would have helped pass the time much easier. Up ahead....There... Elthas looked around and saw a break in the wall surrounding Eluriand. There were many, but that break was not guarded as tightly as the rest of the breaks were.

Elthas proceeded forward into the lion's den.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    There. Elthas dashed forward utilizing the gifts of his people. He moved with very little sound hoping not to trigger the alarms and security measures of the locals. Eluriand is huge...I can't even hazard a guess as to where I might search for the target. Elthas rounded a corner skillfully and kept his eyes facing forward. It was getting dark. Shadows...The Darkness...will serve as an advantage from The Walkers. Elthas moved. His boots barely making any sound on the ground as he maneuvered across the empty streets of Eluriand.

It's creepy how quiet it is...perhaps they are all gathered someplace...? Elthas was attempting to get into the mind of the target. His eyes were serious and full of determination. Then, they spotted something else. One of the towers glowed with an eerie aether power. There! Elthas thought to himself as he found the tower in question. That has to be the spot, front assault is out of the question. There was a massive tower straight ahead that had an eerie light flowing from the brick and mortar that comprised it. Elthas needed to find a better way in than the front door of the tower. The tower was fairly a tall structure built in the Eluriand style post The Demon's War.

Elthas felt guilty breaking into the ancestral home of his people. He knew he had a job to do. Have to make this right. Too many are depending on me. Out the corner of his eyes Elthas noticed a sewer grating...
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    Enter his Domain and find the phylactery... Elthas heard John's voice somewhere in the back of his head...

I won't fail you. He saw the sewer cover, and pulled it up with what might he could muster. Surprisingly, it gave way to Elthas's careful manipulations and the cover came off revealing the sewers of Eluriand below. Elthas place the cover on the ground and dashed into the sewer. Water from the city still filled the tunnels and was probably used for dark purposes. Elthas's boots splashed into the surface of the water, knee deep in. He looked around and narrowed his eyes carefully. Got to find a way into the tower. Eluriand was a crumbling waste of a city at that point in Althanian history.

Elthas dashed forward...

Eyes loomed in the dark.

"Who sent you." A voice asked.

Elthas felt a tremendous amount of pain at that point, having been tortured for hours. The voice in the dark belonged to the Lich and his cronies. "Tell me who sent you."

Fists struck Elthas again...

Blood dripped down from the Adventurer's mouth...Elf blood.

"You're a crony. You'll never accomplish what Xem'Zund did by himself." Elthas taunted despite being restrained and heavily tortured.

The Lich looked at Elthas with those hate filled eyes. "No matter. I will just take what I want." The man waved his hand in front of Elthas's face and there was a vibration in the air.

Steel yourself boy. Don't let the man see into your mind.

He's too strong. Elthas thought to himself upon hearing the voice of the man named Seth Terrentius.

"Show me your secrets!" The Lich yelled and his hand tensed, as he attempted to penetrate the depths of Elthas's mind.

Seth...he's in my mind...I don't know what to do... Elthas thought as he felt the penetrating waves of agony attempting to shred his guard.

Find your strength, boy. You MUST survive this!

Elthas's face became an expression of anger an rage. "You fucking amateur. Get out of my head!"

The pain grew more intense at that point. "You will show me your secrets! WHO SENT YOU!"

Concentrate boy... Seth yelled from the depths of his mind.

By The Thaynes...it fucking hurts argh...

You're not alone boy. Seth said calmly.

I'm not giving him a fucking thing, he'll have to kill me.

The Lich was suddenly pulled his hand away from Elthas's face, breaking the connection. "What are you...?" The Lich asked.

Elthas merely stared back at The Lich knowing full well he was doomed...

Right there... Elthas saw an in from beneath the structure of the tower. It lead to one of the many lower sections of the tower. The underground portion, Elthas dashed through the water, making his way to the grate. He jumped up and out of the water, and the grate fell from Elthas's weight and lack of use. It splashed loudly into the water below, settling at the bottom of the sewer. He looked up and dashed upward, jumping up and into the tower he sought. Time to find the target's phylactery... As he rose up and into the chamber, there were book cases and other forgotten items. Then, something growled in the dark. SHIT! A Walker! Elthas saw glowing eyes in the dark, and readied his daggers. The eyes were locked on Elthas and that's when he heard the chains...

It's...trapped with eldritch chains...what in The Hell is going on here?

"You've gone far enough, intruder." An unknown voice spoke, and Elthas was suddenly struck with a hard object....he was immediately knocked out.
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!

GP

Name
    Elthas Belthasar
    Race
    Forest Elf
    Hair Color
    Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    When Elthas came to, he was bound to a simple chair.

This...this is what I saw in the vision...have The Thayne given me clarity? Elthas was aware that some of the people in his tribe were gifted with the arts of scrying and divination. Elthas was not one of those gifted few...but he understood the vision had meant something. Elthas growled as he opened his eyes. Before him stood a man and his followers, some were Forsaken others were Humans in robes. Elthas looked in the corner of the room and saw the big behemoth beast in the shadows...it was staring right at Elthas.

Elthas sighed.

The Necromancer looked at him at that point, he was surprisingly handsome. Elthas wondered if the man had been popular with the ladies at one point. Then he allowed the thought to fade from his mind. His eyes remained narrowed as he looked at the enemy. He bares the markings of Xem'Zund on his regalia...it pains me that some folks would descend to such madness. Elthas remained silent.

"Who are you?" The Necromancer began the interrogation.

Elthas was not afraid and would at least reveal that information to him. "Elthas. The Son of Halm Belthasar." Elthas said with a momentarily audible sense of pride.

The Necromancer thought for a moment and his face became serious. "Halm Belthasar...the GREAT Halm Belthasar...?" The Necromancer said thoughtfully. He rubbed his chin as he considered what he'd just learned. "You're awfully far from Radasanth and it's civil war...ELF." The Necromancer said. He stared deeply into Elthas's eyes. The Necromancer paused for a moment as if he'd just thought of something. "Your Father fought in The Civil War."

"I know that." Elthas responded in perhaps a harsher tone than he really meant.

The Necromancer seemed taken aback by his response. "Did I pinch a nerve...Son of Halm Belthasar?" The Necromancer knelt down in front of Elthas who simply watched the man's every move.

"I'm here to stop you." Elthas said bluntly.

"You realize you couldn't even if you wanted to?" The Necromancer looked at Elthas and stood up. "I have inherited a tremendous amount of power...I'm too close to achieving my goals." The Necromancer said.

"You know that The Heroes of this world will stop you." Elthas had already submitted to his fate...he accepted the fact that he was going to die...or worse.

"Will they now? I've stepped down the path of defeat before. So did Xem'Zund. Except I am more prepared than he was." The Necromancer said. He knelt down before Elthas once more and came in uncomfortably close to Elthas's face. Elthas merely stared back.

"Why are you following in his footsteps...?" Elthas asked.

"There's something I must do. It's as simple as that." The Necromancer said in a surprisingly calm sort of way. The Necromancer placed a hand on the side of Elthas's skull and suddenly grabbed his hair and pulled back on it. "I've come too far. I won't let you or anybody take that from me."

Elthas growled as he was pulled back. The Necromancer had a surprising amount of physical prowess. "What do you want...?" Elthas managed to speak as he looked at the Necromancer, Elthas's jaws were clenched. I'd be dead already if he didn't want something from me... Elthas thought to himself.

There was a small glimmer of hope, Elthas allowed himself that.

"The location of your Heroes's camp. And who sent you, which one of those self important idealists sent you...?" The Necromancer kept his grip on Elthas's hair. "You will tell me or your suffering will be the stuff of legends." The Necromancer said.

Elthas looked at the Necromancer the entire time. "You will be forced to kill me. I will not reveal the location you need." Elthas said calmly. Despite the severity of the situation at hand, Elthas was quite self composed.

There it was again...that near psychotic look in The Necromancer's eyes. The man came in close once more. "Who said anything about physically telling me?" The man taunted.

Elthas's eyes went wide. This...this is the vision that Thayne shared with me... Elthas looked at The Necromancer. "Do your worst. Follower of Xem'Zund. Let's see how good you are." Elthas smirked.

"You're confident I shall give you that Son of Halm Belthasar." The Necromancer shook his head. "You are confident but you will break. The all break."

Just as the vision foretold, The Necromancer raised his open hand towards Elthas Belthasar. These are the teachings of Xem'Zund. I cannot give him what he wants...I must...endure...

Time.

Space.

Eternity.

Dominion over all of life.

A darkness combined the mental states of The Necromancer and Elthas.

The universe seemed to spin and Elthas looked at his opponent. "Where are we?" Elthas asked.

"It's been two days straight of torture." The Necromancer explained. "I brought you here so we could talk."

"I know this place..." Elthas had an overwhelming sense of familiarity with the space that was not space.

"Son of Halm Belthasar." The Necromancer began. "Few could survive what I have done to you. You never once broke nor revealed the information I needed. You merely screamed and screamed in agony." The Necromancer said.

"...What do you really want?" Elthas asked.

"Your friends will not come to save you. I just merely want to talk." The Necromancer said with a surprising sincerity.

"You did not tell your followers about this..." Elthas realized.

"No. Some secrets are best kept. There is something I wanted to ask of you." The Necromancer said.

"Go on..." Elthas responded.

"The Red Forest was corrupted by Pode's influence. In Concordia there is a protection set aside by the elders of your people. Can you show me those Trees...just once I want to know what it is like to see trees not tainted by Pode's touch." The Necromancer said. "You and me...we're both heading for Ruin anyway can you show me this last request before I decide what to do with you?" The Necromancer asked.

Elthas frowned for a moment. He is talking about The Elder Trees from back home...he wants to see that...but is it safe to show him? Will I be putting them at risk? What would Father think if I showed him that? Elthas looked at The Necromancer standing within the space that was not space. "All right, but I want one thing in exchange." Elthas said calmly.

"For showing me such a precious thing, I shall grant you anything you want." The Necromancer said.

Elthas looked at The Necromancer and had developed a profound respect for the madman. "All right." Elthas began. "I will show you what you want to see in exchange for my freedom." Elthas said. "Do you accept the terms?"

The Necromancer rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "...I agree to the terms. Elthas."

There was a flash of light as Elthas opened his mind up to the Necromancer...
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!