Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile

~The Waking Dreams.~ (Solo)

( Continued from this thread: Horses )

Time passed since the Scara Brae incident originally occurred. It was now referred as an incident in Elthas's mind because it had taken him off the course that initially lead him to Scara Brae in the first place. He was hunting a man named Welkan Vennard. The reason he took the job with the horses was so that he could find some clues about Welkan's current where about. Thinking back on the horse job, he realized that it probably had not been a good investment after all. However, he met The Tap elementals as a result. The things he could learn from them would ultimately be it's own reward.

It was in a quiet August day, a Friday, that Elthas found himself waking up in the Brokenthorn Forest. Some months had passed since the incident with the horse thefts. The incident placed Elthas in the care of a tribe of Elementals from the Tap. Elthas knew a very small amount of information about The Tap, his more conservative mind hadn't studied the ancient ways of his people long enough to develop an acute knowledge of the past. That was part of the reason that he had joined The Elementals in the first place. He wanted to learn their secrets. Scara Brae was not home, Radasanth was. He, a foreigner in a strange land, had to make due with matters as they presented themselves. Elthas had listened to the girl teach him about the sorcery of The Tap. Sorcery was beyond Elthas's knowledge, but not the relicry. Relicry tended to be something right up Elthas's alley. Elthas was more rooted in the physical aspect of things, and didn't like worrying about things beyond his control too often.

Elthas found himself in a quiet part of Brokenthorn Forest. Very few monsters seemed to be about, likely due to the taint that The Tap's denizens placed in the air. Elthas could see arcane residue, wisps and bursts of colour everywhere. They seemed to be woven into the very air itself like a tapestry. Electric sparks of blues and purples swirled through the air, cascading about and singing this or that location in the field. Many trees surrounded Elthas, and The Elementals were there as well. There was a small group of them, varying sizes and shapes, that were going about different tasks. Their leader, didn't seem to be the girl that Elthas encountered during his attempt to rob the horses. Elthas stood by the girl, he knew that currently, the task of being a servant for them placed itself on his shoulders. Elthas did not regret the choice to follow the girl to that location. It strangely reminded him of his early adventures when he saved an elder member of The Syndicate from a group of ruffians. That adventure lead to him joining The Syndicate. The man he had saved was a fellow by the name of Seth Terrentius, who was an elder member of The Syndicate.

The current adventure lead him to joining the small community of Elementals from The Tap.

Elthas's arms were folded across his chest as he stared at the leader of The Elementals. In that place, they appeared in their true forms. Swirling forms of energy that took on a humanoid shape, but were not human. They appeared as masses of energy in that bipedal configuration. Elthas looked at the leader who appeared as a raging inferno of flames and sweltering heat. From what Elthas knew of the girl next to him, she appeared to be a lightning elemental of some sort. Lightning and smoke. Seeing their true forms made Elthas more than a little bit nervous. He knew he was in a pit of serpents and they could lash out to bite him at any moment. He had to be ready to flee if the need arose.

Elthas knew that he lacked skill in the arcane arts, that meant he wasn't entirely certain how Elementals could help him out. However, he could be rewarded in other ways. The Mute Stone in his possession was an ancient Elven artifact that possessed many secrets. He felt certain that these folk could assist him in unlocking it's power. At the very least, they could point Elthas in the right direction. I have to become stronger so that I can be of use to the people that matter. Elthas thought to himself as he stared at the leader of The Elementals.

The wind came in from the Southeast. Grass underneath Elthas's feet danced with the breeze, rippling about like an ocean's wave. Subtle greens were everywhere and reminded Elthas of one of his scenic paintings. An artist, Elthas knew he'd made the right decision in joining up with this group of people. He wouldn't become a slave, but he could assist them as he assisted the Syndicate. It is in my best interest to help these people out. They are powerful and can assist me in ways I can only dream of... Elthas thought to himself.

Low hanging branches from the trees appeared in such a configuration that they seemed to want to touch the denizens of the small area.

There were no houses present, Elthas presumed that they simply slept out in the open fields.

Elthas only needed a small tent, or a sleeping bag to rest in.

He carried a sleeping bag with him at all times.

He wondered about the language that the Elementals used, listening with his sharp ears. The subtle words that seemed to be in the wind itself. Elthas could swear that he heard a singing in the wind, and assumed that singing was the wind chime like sound of their voices. It seemed like a form of song speak. The singing voices were like a choir, and Elthas felt more than a little uncomfortable at identifying the sound. They were able to commune with the wind itself, and probably much deeper than even that. As Elthas listened to the song in the wind, he felt a strange sense of familiarity with the song. I feel like I have heard this somewhere before... Elthas thought to himself.

Elthas kept his eyes closed as he listened to the mysterious tongue they used so effectively. He had to concentrate because it seemed like it was hanging just outside of his ears. Never penetrating his sensitive earlobes, but just outside nonetheless. The songs flowed in an almost ethereal fashion. It soothed an relaxed his tension filled heart. There wasn't anything ominous or dark about the songs at all, they simply provided a sense of comfort. I wonder if I can learn how to play such a beautiful music...or reproduce the quality of sound with the instruments I know how to play.

About an hour passed as Elthas stood there and the two Elementals communicated with one another. Elthas imagined the songs in the air as an orchestra of sorts, and it seemed to get louder after that hour passed. He wasn't certain but the song he heard seemed to have clearly defined words. A language he had never heard before. Once the ordeal finished, the girl finally spoke in the common tongue. The girl finally turned towards Elthas, addressing him.

"This is the one that brought me the horses. There were some others, but they were sloppy. Three all together, including this boy." The girl said, Elthas listened as she spoke.

"Come forth, Elthas." The man commanded.

Elthas did not hesitate, approaching The Elemental with calm steps. He nodded with respect towards the being. I must be cautious, I know they possess tremendous power. They could flay me with ease, I better not piss them off. Elthas thought.

"Elthas..." The man said. Elthas could see a ferocity in the thing's eyes. They were eyes of flaring energy that reminded Elthas of volcanoes, more than actual eyes. "Long have we hid in the shadows. But now, a new dawn has come, and we no longer have to hide thanks to your actions in helping my people. What is it that you want in exchange for helping us?" The man asked, Elthas realized just then that the man was getting right to the point.

Elthas looked at the girl for a moment, then looked at her leader. He knew he could not screw around in front of them, or try to get flowery with his words. He had won a favour, but he did not yet have their loyalty. "I...I simply want knowledge. And perhaps power. But primarily knowledge. My people have always been fascinated with the denizens of the Tap." Elthas said calmly. He continued. "It is a rare opportunity for one like myself to speak with a representative of your people. I have always wanted to learn about The Tap and in turn, make myself more skilled." Elthas said. He hoped that would be enough.

"Wise words." The leader said carefully. "I am glad to have made your acquaintance today. I have a feeling that you will become a valuable resource." Elthas could sense a sort of sincerity in the leader's words.

"I thank you. So we are in agreement?" Elthas asked. He had to know for certain.

"We are. You shall learn the ways of our people. And, as a result, the way of the Tap. In exchange, we will ask things of you. Sometimes dark things, but necessary things." The leader admitted. "If you are able to do these things, you will be greatly rewarded for your effort."

"Very well. I agree to these terms." Elthas said. "When do we begin?"

"The hour is already upon us." The leader said. "My name is Terrathyon." He said. "I look forward to seeing you progress with your training."
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:00 PM.