Platinum
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'3"/200 lbs.
    Job
    Adventurer Folks.

View Profile
    As Elthas lashed out with his metallic gauntlet, Welkan attempted to alter his current movement pattern. Stopping in mid-movement was incredibly difficult for someone who was not skilled with agility based technique. He turned as quickly as he could, attempting to intercept Elthas's attack. He did the only thing he could think of. Summoning off a burst of elemental light, Welkan launched a small sphere of light from the depths of his soul. The burst was quick acting, and would hopefully push Elthas back and away. Welkan cursed as he summoned the contained burst, he was resorting to desperation tactics. He knew if he had his power, he would cut down Elthas with relative ease. Once again, he attempted to summon the full extent of The Glorious Light. Focusing for a moment, he found that the woman had done an extensive job at cutting him off from his main source of power.

Plus the crashing of the ward did not help matters. Once Welkan opened his eyes again, he suddenly felt something very heavy against his back. It knocked him clear off his feet and flat on the ground with tremendous force. The act left him in shock. A terrible pain swelled across his head where he'd been struck. Welkan retained his grip on his weapon, aiming it at the bounty hunter. He fired off another smiting spell at Elthas, the glowing energy streaked towards his nemesis. Welkan felt heat once again and that made him worry. He turned his attention towards the heat source very quickly and saw that several of the houses in the town were already ablaze. Welkan felt his life's work crashing all around him. Then, he lost sight of The Elf who had just been standing directly in front of him! Where the fuck did he go?!

"Elthas!" Someone yelled and that caught Welkan's attention. His eyes darted towards the sound of the yell. That woman! Welkan cursed, and attempted to stand, that was when he realized what Elthas had done to him.

"No!" Welkan yelled.

And saw that Herratya had gathered Elthas's equipment for him. She tossed him both of his daggers, and in exchange, they were caught by The Elf who had a grim expression on his face. For the first time, Welkan actually felt fear.

What the hell have they done to me!? He cried out in aguish as he stared up at the sky. He stood up but still had not seen where Elthas had moved to. As his township burned around him, the reality of the matter began to set in. Harshly. I am beaten... He stared up at the sky and slumped down against the ground, he couldn't fight any longer. The elementals had taken the most important things away from him and he was a broken man at that point. Nothing more than a mess. The thought repeated itself in his head. I am beaten...

Elthas walked up towards Welkan. He finished the small journey. He saw Herratya watching him the whole time and somehow, it made Elthas feel even more confident in his ability to capture Welkan alive. Once Elthas was within range, he proceeded to place one of his dagger tips right at the ball at Welkan's throat. He did not draw blood, he only performed the gesture to keep Welkan from doing anything stupid. "I bind you, Welkan Vennard." Elthas began, and summoned the rope that would imprison Welkan for his transport to The Syndicate chapter house. "So that you are no longer a threat to yourself and to others." Elthas said. Welkan was in too much pain and agony to respond. But Elthas saw hatred in the man's eyes. Elthas worked the rope around the paladin, and the rope's power worked to silence him farther. It was a complete victory for Elthas.

Elthas tied the rope as skillfully as he could. Then, he stood up looking at Herratya. She nodded and walked towards Elthas with his gear in her arms.

"For you." Herratya said. "Sorry we couldn't assist you sooner. You are injured, Elthas. I can treat you myself." Herratya offered.

"No." Elthas said. "You have already done more than enough for me. I have to turn this man in to the proper faction." Elthas said. "However I would like you to accompany me the whole time if you are able to." Elthas got dressed in front of Herratya and Welkan. With Welkan captured, there was no more reason for him to remain in Scara Brae. Except for Herratya herself. That was the one loose end that remained. Once Elthas was dressed, he lead Welkan back towards the kingdom of Scara Brae. There, was a certain location in the city itself where the chapter house lurked. As Elthas prepared himself to leave the burning town behind, he strangely found himself thinking of the night with the horses. He was almost burnt alive that night, by the woman now at his side. The thought made him shiver as he walked alongside her, pulling the bound prisoner along with him.

Buildings burned throughout the night, and the cries of the dead and dying filled the air. For some reason, the fire never spread past the township itself. Perhaps it was a form of control from the elementals themselves. As they burned the town, the elementals moved quickly through each of the edifices killing all they could find. A few individuals did manage to escape, but not because of skill. The elementals had what they wanted. Terrathyon made his way towards a particular structure in the village. This structure was a temple to The Thayne. One of the many polytheistic religions followed on Althanas. Terrathyon inherently hated The Thayne and everything that they were about. As he saw his companions torturing the last few remaining town folk, Terrathyon walked over towards the high priest. Thayne were worshiped all around Althanas, and Concordia was referred to as Ruild in The Thayne Codex.

Terrathyon had only assisted Elthas for one purpose. There was a Thayne artifact that he wanted. Elthas could help him get the artifact. And without realizing it, he had. I have finally gotten my revenge against the Vennard House. Terrathyon thought to himself. He looked at high priest for a long moment. The high priest was the individual that Terrathyon was after. He smiled coldly as the subordinates of the high priest were tortured all around him. Terrathyon spoke to the high priest.

"I want you to understand why we are here." Terrathyon said.

"Go to Hell!" The high priest yelled.

Terrathyon smacked the high priest, hard. "Fool! Just tell me where it is! And I promise to end the suffering of your cohorts!"

Terrathyon threatened. "I will not ask you again."

"You seek the codex?" The high priest finally asked.

"I do." Terrathyon responded. "You can either tell me where it is, or I rip the information out of your mind."

Terrathyon was stunned when the priest suddenly appeared very sad.

"I am the codex." He said. "If you make them stop, I will help you with what you are after."

"There's no need for that." Terrathyon responded. "You have told me everything I need to know already. I only need your soul, not you in fact." Terrathyon grimly touched the man's forehead. A burst of brilliant energy shined through the air, and Terrathyon ripped the living soul right out of the body of the priest. He took the soul and placed the screaming codex into the amulet that he wore. Then, Terrathyon turned towards his subordinates. "Kill everyone, we are done here." Terrathyon said, and left.

Elthas walked with Herratya by his side. He kept the rope that held Welkan in place in his hand. As they journeyed to Scara Brae, a few hours passed. Turned out, they were actually not that far from Scara Brae as Elthas initially thought. His eyes were narrowed and he avoided eye contact with any of the Scara Brae officials that looked at him wrong. He knew that The Syndicate was not loved in Scara Brae, but a chapter house still existed there. Elthas made his way to it, there were whispers in the crowds of people as they recognized their captured brother. Welkan was a man of some influence, he had been a former Captain of the guards working under the command of the royal family. Elthas saw the chapter house ahead, and proceeded to enter pulling Welkan along. When his superiors saw what Elthas had done, one Agent looked at him with complete shock on his face.

"I have come for the bounty on this man." Elthas said plainly.
    Last edited by Elthas_Belthasar; 03-15-13 at 06:52 PM.
    "I'll have DEATH before DISHONOR."-Saying.
    Though you be chained to Hell ITSELF!!!
    Of Wraiths and Shadows.
    Elthas WIKI
    My Blog
    Shiny New Daggers!!!