[Moderator Note: Continued from the events of: Here and is part of an ongoing series.]

And so Elthas searched.

There was a hidden archive of his people and he showed the vault to John Winshire and his allies.

Elthas wasn't entirely certain what he was looking for, he only knew he had to search.

The vault was underground and built into one of the older buildings of the town, seldom used.

Since the old ruins were largely unexplored and in disrepair, much of the old town was a mystery.

But Elthas knew his way by instinct.

In life, he recalled spending time in the vault with his parents and other family members. But what he currently sought might not have ever been there. I cannot shake the dream...it haunts me more than I haunt this place. I have not felled so compelled in a many moons... He thought as he searched through the archive section of the vault. Many of his people's oldest records and tomes still were present. Secrets of a long forgotten age. In truth, Elthas had become the care taker of his people. But he needed something more than a dictated purpose. He wanted a force to drive his destiny, he wanted his existence to have meaning again. However faint his hope was, there were only embers left, he had to believe that there was a purpose for him hidden somewhere in the old tomes. So he searched, reading like a possessed one. He was surprised how much of his linguistics skills he'd retained. The older syntax his people used was not even spoken or remembered any longer. He had no idea how much time had passed since he started the project, since the dreams started. He only knew that he was driven to read and search the old and ancient archive.

He was so absorbed in his reading that he did not notice his friend, the old man, John Winshire present.

"You've been at it for a couple of weeks non-stop." There was no way of knowing how long John had actually been watching Elthas.

But the old wizard was also mysterious in a lot of ways.

"Have you found any clues in the old scrolls?" John asked.

Elthas read the last page he was reading and carefully closed the old tome in his hands. He then slowly turned to his face his friend. "Bits and pieces." It was more like fragments. Elthas regretted that he turned his back on the old teachings of the elders of his life time. "The old prophecies were written in fragments." Entire chunks of prophecies were missing. He wondered if that was how the prophecies worked in the first place? "There are texts devoted to The Great Tree. But very few on the ones we seek." Elthas said carefully. He was somewhat thankful for the fact he no longer had to sleep. He could read the old books for months, and years if need be. "The only clue I have is that dream."

"The one you told me of?" John asked. "I've been doing my own research into those matters as well. I'm certain at some point we will find something." He was attempting to inspire Elthas to keep searching.

I am not so sure...what we might need might not ever have existed. Elthas was running out of options. Though his people had a vast library, whole sections were missing. He was not sure if that was due to looters or other disasters.

My people have already lost so much. Elthas looked at John and he considered the Forest Elves of the current generation. They have changed a lot since my time. Maybe some of them can help me with this, better to have help... Elthas thought to himself. He stared for a long moment and then spoke.

"John. Bring the best scholars of our town currently available. I think I have an idea of how we can decipher the old works much faster." It's not that Elthas was tired, he merely wanted living company to keep his mind occupied. As time passed, he grew more and more detached from the living. "I need some air." Elthas was not sure why he had just that. Only that he had.

John kept his eyes locked on Elthas's person. "Very well." The old man still had his own grace and agreeable manners.

He reminds me of Seth Terrentius. In Elthas's point of view the two fellows had a lot in common and probably would have gotten along.

He followed John Winshire out of the old library, it's secrets still hidden from Elthas's mind.

And only the dream to guide him...

The dream driving him mad.