(Continued sometime after the events of: Chapter 3

The crackling fires snapped and burst with magical properties as they lit up the cavern's wall.

There were several goblins present in the cave system of the Goblin Cove.

The Goblin's shaman began the ritual work days earlier, their scouts having gathered the necessary ingredients for the rite. The Goblins were a green skin lot, short in stature but furious of heart. Their society was superstitious and dedicated to the old ways. The Goblin leader, a Goblin by the name of Mrokys, ordered the current rite be done at the whim of a vision. The leaders of the Goblin tribes were granted visions from The Thaynehood themselves. Some good, some bad, but all of them...influential. Mrokys spoke of a man in the shadows who would lead their people to victory against the guards of Scara Brae and unite the tribes.

This figure in the shadows was a being of incredible power...

And so...Mrokys ordered the shamans and druids of his tribe to gather the ritual items needed to conjure the specter in the dark.

The unformed land...The Antifirmanent as it was called in The Thayne Codex was a place of untold wonder and danger.

The Elder Shamans of his people were quite gifted in the mysteries involving The Thayne Codex and so...the rites were handed down from generation to generation in a verbal and song sort of way. With the Hume sacrifice at the altar fashioned for that purpose, the Shaman spoke to The Old Spirits in communion. It was fascinating for Mrokyss to watch the summoning and binding rite take place. One of the older Shaman, a Goblin named Prothess looked at Mrokys as he sat on his throne.

"The ritual is underway. My agents have gathered the belongings pertaining to his life." Prothes said calmly.

"He fell at the hands of Yosef Terrentius...according to the old legends." Mrokys said calmly. He was a strong and older Goblin, facing his last days. Only interested in seeing this final act done.

"Yes...my Father oft spoke of the great conqueror Yosef Terrentius. He initially escaped the prison island of Lornius..." Prothes said.

"Lornius..." Mrokys laughed darkly. "The Humes are desperate to summon it's power once more." Mrokys continued. 'Once we have bound the spirit of the legendary Elthas Belthasar to do our bidding...they will not be able to stop us."

"He might attempt to resist." Prothes mused out loud. He was rubbing his long lock of a beard, it was braided. "But my Shamans have a plan in place to bind him."

"How did you acquire his earth-bound remains?" Mrokys asked casually.

"It was a most difficult task, but I will not bother you with such sordid details." Prothes said calmly. "The final aspect of the rite is about to begin."

Mrokys looked at the unfolding events with genuine interest. He was standing above the altar where the sacrifice was made to conjure the power of the shamans. He'd insisted on being present when Elthas was summoned. The chanting had gone non-stop for hours as the rite was reaching a fever pitch. It was the old magics...power that wasn't that dissimilar from Necromancy. Mrokys saw that the old gods accepted the ritual sacrifices placed around the alter by The Shaman.

Prothes oversaw the final steps of the summoning rite.

"The spirits are with us truly..." Prothes began. "Oh ancient ancestral forces, please accept these humble offerings placed by the keepers of the old ways. Please bind to us at the presence of his mortal remains...the one called Elthas Belthasar." The gathered appriitions responded upon hearing the chosen name. One of the floating elder spirits move towards Prothes.

"You have bound suitable offering of blood and sacred items." The spirit said. "From The Twisting Nether...we will bring you the one you have summoned."

"My will be so!" Prothes commanded and waved towards all of the gathered Shaman.

Present around the alter were relics of long-forgotten power related to Elthas's life. Two daggers made of mythril, a fedora hat that was one of Elthas's favourites, and most importantly and idol emblem that was a depiction of a woman of the past. A woman named Hylda Terrentius. The mortal remains of Elthas's body were reacquired for the rite, and present at the altar. The gathered Elder Spirits reached into The Twisting Nether and chanted in their native tongue.

A moment later...

There was a brilliant flash of light and Elthas Belthasar's wraith-state form manifested from the rippling pools of the twisting nether.

Quickly, The Goblin Shamans worked to bind Elthas.

Symbols that were ancient runes written in the text of The Thayne Codex locked Elthas to the Goblins.

Elthas resisted immediately, but the power was too great and the act of being pulled from The Twisting Nether was a powerful one.

"Why have you summoned me...?" Elthas suddenly asked from the great beyond.

Purple arcane symbols manifested around Elthas, and locked him place...insuring Goblin dominance.

Prothes looked to his leader and nodded.

Mrokys walked slowly towards the symbol prison that held Elthas in place. "Son of Clan Belthasar." Mrokys began. "My people are in need of your power."

Ethas looked down at The Goblin leader. For the time being...Elthas accepted the situation at hand. "What is thy bidding my Master?"

"My people have sought you out from The Twisting Nether." Morkys said calmly, all eyes were on Elthas Belthasar now. "In exchange for helping us defeat our enemy, my people can offer you great power."

"I have power." Elthas said, but continued to speak. "However, I will gladly accept more."

"You have been asleep for a long time, Son of Belthasar." Mrokys said calmly. "It is time for you to reawaken in service to us."

"So it shall be done." Elthas said carefully...

And so, in the shadowy depths of The Goblin Cove...the pact between Goblin and Wraith was made.

To what end...? Only time would tell.