He caught something, he wasn't sure what but it was something cause there was blood dripping down his dagger.

Then a powerful kick sent the Elf backwards on the ground and rolling.

Elthas immediately felt a welt building up on his chest where Black Shadow kicked him in full force. He landed in a low crouching position, still clutching his elegant dagger. Elthas looked up at Black Shadow who was heavily bleeding. Did I catch him...after all...? Elthas had never been too confident in his own skill level. Consistent losses in The Citadel leagues weighed heavily on his heart and soul, playing with his desire to even continue to fight. But this battle...it was different.

Black Shadow, the man before him, was out to kill Elthas. There was no reasoning, no logic, no motive. It was simply a no-holds barred duel to the death. As Elthas sat there on the ground looking at Black Shadow for a long moment a thought occurred to him. I've been playing by his rules... And something inside of Elthas, deep inside of him snapped. Black Shadow held no honour, so there was no need for Elthas to honour him. Elthas coughed blood quickly from the strong kick to his chest. Then, he gritted his teeth and decided that there was no running away this time. It was do or die time.

Elthas held his dagger in his hand that worked.

Blood freely poured from the arrow that still jutted through his flesh.

Elthas looked at Black Shadow. "You've got my attention now. Whoever you are." Elthas said coldly. He placed the dagger in his hip scabbard for a moment, and did something remarkable. He took his strong hands and broke the shaft of the arrow so that it fell to the ground. After yanking the front part of the shaft out of his shoulder, he could still feel the arrow deep in him, he drew his dagger once more.

Elthas looked at Black Shadow, but notably, there was something in Elthas's eyes that was not there before.

Where previously lurked fear and anguish, and nothing but pain, there was something present there. Something monstrous and dark. Something evil, evil that lurked in the hearts of men. Elthas possessed the eyes of man who had completely lost all grip of sanity. He started to walk towards Black Shadow at that point. "Allow me to return the favour." Elthas said in a cold whisper, barely audible. His face was twisted in a completely wide smile, despite the pain he surely felt. He walked slowly towards Black Shadow, injured as the man was.

Elthas felt his heart beating loudly in his throat.

The expression on his face was that of someone who had completely accepted his fate and intended to take the enemy with him.

And so, Elthas walked slowly towards Black Shadow. About a few inches away from Black Shadow, Elthas suddenly broke into a full speed sprint. He readied his dagger, and then attempted an attack at Black Shadow. The target? Elthas aimed carefully for Black Shadow's stomach and swung with an under handed strike attempt. The blade reflected the moonlight, and there was no more need to hold back.

"Victims. Aren't we all?" Elthas said as he attacked back at the man who stood before him...