Darkness.

For a moment, Elthas only perceived the dark. Somehow, it provided a comfort for him as he let it consume him completely. After a few moments, or perhaps, an eternity, Elthas felt his eyes reopen. He stood in an entirely familiar environment. His eyes adjusting to whatever magics had whisked him back home in the first place. Rubbing his eyes for a moment, he turned towards his left and saw the figure of Herratya standing by his side. He saw an expression on her face that sent a chill up and down his spine. Then, he turned towards the nearest of The Terrentius Estate workers. Elthas walked over towards the boy, a fellow that appeared to be in his late teens.

"Hey. Is Seth or Theo home right now?" Elthas asked of the kid.

The kid turned slowly towards Elthas and looked up at him. "Yeah. They just got back in from a job this morning. Were wondering about you. Asked us if they saw you arrive today, to have you report to them right away."

"Thanks for the info kid." Elthas parted with the boy. Herratya remained by his side, she was quiet...too quiet. Elthas noticed she had not said a word since they were both transported back to The Terrentius Estate. I assume she is the cause of this all. I cannot allow her to place comrades in danger...if need be...I'll sacrifice myself. Elthas walked over towards the main edifice of The Terrentius Estate.

As a property, The Terrentius Estate had several large houses situated around a central structure. Elthas's house was one of the smaller houses, but still considerably sized. Looking at the main structure of The Terrentius Estate, Elthas felt a pang of longing. I am home. There was another thought that lingered somewhere in the back of his mind, nagging at him like a festering injury. It was the exact image of Hylda Terrentius, the woman that he called a partner. Elthas greeted several more workers on the way towards the main portion of The Terrentius Estate.

People genuinely greeted The Bounty Hunter with respect as he acknowledged the other workers. It was clear that Elthas had acquired a strong sense of loyalty amongst the other Syndicate workers. There were two guards standing on either side of the double doors that lead into the main building, one of the guards opened the doors for Elthas and his companion.

"Lord Belthasar. You return." The guard said carefully. "Seth will want to see you right away with your report from Scara Brae."

Elthas paused and turned towards the guard. "Can you tell me where Seth actually is?" Elthas asked.

"Yes he's in the dining hall." The guard responded. "They are serving a spread as we speak, Lord Belthasar. Perhaps you and your guest can stay for dinner." The guard said.

"Perhaps." Elthas repeated. He was hurt, and tired. I have refused treatment from my injuries against that bastard, Welkan. I will have to rest and recover from my injuries before I take on the next job. Elthas felt a little light headed at that moment, but kept walking past it. He didn't want to keep his old comrade, Seth, waiting.

Elthas walked towards the dining hall which was part of the east wing of the mansion. Elthas opened the door to the dining hall, and was delighted to see Seth Terrentius eating his lunch. Nobody else was in the chamber with him. Elthas saw that the carpet was royal blue and emblazoned with The Syndicate emblems. Overhead, there were several chandeliers casting light on the dining table below. Candelabra were visible on the long dining table, there were several placed. They were all lit with small flames that flickered to and fro. Elthas felt the warmth from the familiar fireplace. The flame was blazing, and that brought a certain sense of warmth and comfort.

"Ah." Seth said carefully. He was an older gentleman of Human descent. He wore a fancy butler's suit but that was for show. He did not have gloves on whilst he ate. "Elthas my boy. You look frightful, do have a seat my dear young man." Seth motioned for Seth and his companion to sit down. "Oh and what's this? My, my, she's a handsome one." Seth kissed Herratya's hand when the woman approached. "My lady, pleasure to make your acquaintance. You have accompanied our young Elthas here means that you have helped us in some way, no doubt. But before any of that..." Seth looked towards Elthas. "You have been gone a long time." Seth said. "I trust you have completed the task that originally sent you to Scara Brae in the first place?" Seth asked.

Elthas removed the large parcel that he was given at the chapter house in Scara Brae. He handed Seth the package. "Davys sends his regards." Elthas said, he felt exceedingly exhausted. He didn't even know why. "The details of the mission are all there, and furthermore, Davys is requesting extra funding. Perhaps a few extra men as well." Elthas looked down towards Seth who was seated on a well shined chair.

"You're saying you caught him...? Welkan Vennard is caught...?" Seth had an incredulous look on his face. "D-do you realize what this means, my boy?"

"I-I'm very tired, Seth. The job was not an easy one." Elthas explained. "I was only able to complete it because of my friend here." Elthas looked over at Herratya for a moment, then looked back at Seth. "If you don't mind I'd like to get some rest. Tell everybody I am home, but make sure nobody disturbs me...nobody..." Elthas said. Including Hylda...I don't know what Herratya will do to her... Elthas looked at Seth for a moment longer.

"Very well my boy. I will see to it that Theo gets this information okay? Get your rest, lad. You look very well done in." Seth said.