~Day 3~

He growled in agony, as if awoken from a long and bad dream.

I was dead...? He wondered to himself as he got up off the ground. He didn't recall the previous moments, only that he'd been asleep in The Red Forest. He did recall the man named John Cromwell. The urgent mission that Elthas was sent on.

Do I go back and report a failure of a mission to John? Elthas finally stood up and rubbed the dirt off his fancy clothing. I don't know what just happened...I must have been blacked out for some time. Eluriand was a few hours away at that point...it was getting dark that day.

My hat... Elthas picked up his fedora and placed it firmly on his head...where it belonged. Elthas looked around and saw the trees of the Red Forest, Pode's taint still lingered. As well as the residual power present from Xem'Zund's remaining followers. Elthas felt pain at that point and it woke him completely from whatever stupor he was previously in. Eluriand lurked ahead...a few hours out. I have to find the source of our enemy's power...learn what I can... He thought to himself.

Elthas wanted to smoke bad at that point, but he fought the urge to do so.

I'm too far in enemy territory...did John do that to me on purpose...? No...I knew the risks going into this mission. John is not to blame. We need answers. Elthas thought to himself as he looked carefully around. There's something wrong...there are no Walkers present. He didn't like that thought at all. Normally that deep into the plague lands, there would be Walkers everywhere. I have to be as careful as possible to avoid them... Elthas proceeded to dash forward at best speed.

He'd been travelling for some time now...

How long has it been? Hours, days...centuries? Elthas wondered. Time flowed different for the immortal folk. His eyes were narrowed as he ran forward trying to cover the distance between himself and Eluriand.

And soon...he was upon the broken walls of Eluriand.

A shattered, broken husk of what it was once before.

Elthas's heart ached for the ancestral home of The High Elves. Though he was a Forest Elf, he was still an Elf of some sort. The blood of the ancients flowed through his body. I have to find another way in... He could see the front gates of Eluriand, open and beckoning for him. It's too quiet...I don't like this at all. He dashed through the shrubbery and bushes, making his way through the red foliage.

He bounded Westward around Eluriand trying to find a better way into the city itself. There are so many towers...which one belongs to the target...? Elthas had to wonder...he wished he had help or at least someone to accompany him. That would have helped pass the time much easier. Up ahead....There... Elthas looked around and saw a break in the wall surrounding Eluriand. There were many, but that break was not guarded as tightly as the rest of the breaks were.

Elthas proceeded forward into the lion's den.