Suddenly, aether touched the air.

Though Elthas's own senses were still developing, his people were touched by magics.

Elthas suddenly stopped talking to Ven and looked in the direction of the aether with great interest. A woman was at that bar side of the promenade, he looked at her calmly, studying the glowing power she held in her hand. She has power... The night just got really interesting. Elthas chuckled at the situation at hand. Well now...this looks very promising indeed. Elthas nodded in the general direction of Telean...

He hoped she'd catch his eyes gazing in her general direction. The aether...my people speak of it often...to see someone manipulate it so skillfully... Elthas had serious expression on his face as he thought about what he'd just witnessed. The mage folks are a rather mysterious lot but she seems...special somehow. Elthas thought back to the teachings of his Father, Halm Belthasar the great Hero of his people. Things are connected my son. All details matter in the grand scheme of things, you should always pay attention to things around you...situational awareness the General called it. Halm's voice echoed in the back of his mind. Elthas sighed. He exhaled a pull of smoke from his pipe.

Then looked back at Ven and his companions. "Sorry folks, I got a little distracted."

But Llark was looking right at Elthas at that point. She has power... Llark thought to himself. But let it go.

Elthas looked at Ven. "When you inhale, don't take so much smoke in. The key is short pulls at first and getting the taste for the smoke. One you get used to it you can take longer pulls." Elthas explained to Ven. He kept looking at Telean but did not attempt to approach the woman...not just yet.

There would be time later.

The night was young, after all.