(Primarily a socialization thread/but will have some stuff going down too. Takes place sometime after my current solo project.)

The gate ripped through the stillness of the swamp, sending crackling energy cascading through the night air.

As it opened, symbols manifested in the air glowing with arcane power.

For a moment, the firmanent united with the antifirmanent and Phantaria itself was visible as the gate took shape.

The gate became physical reality for approximately a minute as Elthas stepped out of it. Once Elthas was no longer connected to his previous location in Corone proper, he looked back at the Phantaria gate as if to acknowledge it. The gate vanished into the fabrics of non-existence soon after Elthas rippled into being. It was a harsh way of travelling through the Phantaria gates. Elthas never did get used to it from the first time he'd traveled in that way. His eyes burned with the power of the particular form of travel, far superior to that of any ship or vessel. As he stood up and straightened himself, his spectral body felt a tremendous wave of pain and agony course through it. He could not help but growl in extreme pain until it subsided.

The gate, in it's wake, left much of the marshy earth burned in a form of black glass. Steam swirled upward from the heat of the moment, energy still passing through the air itself. For a moment, Elthas had no recollection of where he was, or, what he was meant to be doing. That soon passed and his head felt somewhat normal. Memories, schemes and plans swelled in his mind and he recalled why he took the initial trip in the first place. His destination was somewhere in Corone, but he knew he was not in Corone. The air was different, and the very smell was different. The sounds of local critters and beasts were not the ones of his precious Concordia Forest. Elthas took a look up at the night sky, the constellations from his youth were all in different places of the night sky. A few were in similar locations. Gotta spot the specific ones I can use to travel...this place...it has a familiar aspect. Elthas looked down to the soft, black earth beneath him. There was water from various ponds and he could tell he was in a marsh, swamp like area. His eyes narrowed as he attempted to gather himself. He leaned down grabbed a sample of the earth in his hand. It felt soft, almost alive. Only a patch of the ground was transformed into glass from the gate.

Once the pain passed, Elthas took another look at his surrounds. The dirt in his hand felt natural, alive as he noticed earlier. There was something else in the air too...something far darker. And that did not emanate solely from Elthas. Seth Terrentius once told me Phantaria gates sometimes have a mind of their own. I meant to end up in Corone...but I guess that gate had other ideas... Elthas did not yet know exactly where he was. Only that he was not in Corone. Each area of Althanas had different lay lines and energy that it gave off, this lay line was completely different from Corone's. The positions of the constellations he recalled from his youth were also in different places in the night sky.

The stars were numerous that night and only a few clouds lurked overhead.

Elthas was also not quite used to the smell of the flora in the area. Some of the larger mushroom collections gave off intense smells, that affected Elthas even in his state of being dead. Elthas shook his head and attempted to focus on the task at hand. Need to find a town or settlement. Elthas thought to himself and proceeded to travel through the swampland itself and attempt to figure out where in Hell he'd ended up. Something took me waaay off course from where I intended to go. That something could be ally or enemy...I have to figure out what happened that I would end up here. Elthas was trying to remember which regions of Althanas had large swamp-like areas. The only one he could think was...Hey I might be in Dheathain. Elthas recalled hearing about Dheathain in his travels in life...but had never made it that far on his own. It's possible that is where I am at...but there's no way of knowing for sure.

And so, his journey began...

^Enter here.