Welp, I've lost faith in the continuity of humanity. Our company ordered a truckload of cast iron pipe which goes to our very large contractor. Apparently, the truck hauling the pipe caught fire. The manufacturer, in their infinite wisdom, took the pipe from the wreckage and still shipped it to us. Our receiving department, in their infinite wisdom, accepted it without checking the pipe in. Then, for two days (already three days late on project deadline) they say they cannot receive in the pipe because "they don't have time". So, as a wise move on their part, they received the material in without actually checking condition or quantity. Guess what also was loaded onto a truck and sent to our end user? Guess what also failed in service?

If you guessed brittle cast iron pipe that was subject to high temperature and rapid cooling, you nailed it. Supposedly, the end user kept the melted truck bits on the pipe upon install. Now they're up in arms and threatening to backcharge us for defective pipe.

Which should have never been delivered in the first place! Which should have never been received in the second place! And which should have never been shipped in the third place!!!

The ultimate logic behind all of this: "Metal doesn't burn, so we thought it would be okay."

RIP

I'm done.

And I wish this was just the only problem of logic gone bad. This week has been a test of patience.